MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I like that we get a white Christmas tree in the middle of seasonal this time. I did notice the set up changed a little this year. We have 2-3 smaller trees to decorate too. Last year was my first Christmas as a signing tm. I think it's one of the hardest transitions for signing. Everything was going well until I had to "fluff" the 20 something trees and make them pretty. That itself takes way too long. This year I will start early. I will start on the wrapping paper bins first and anything to build if time and space permit it. Then I'll do any hanging signing if time in between. Lastly I will start building the smaller trees first so I can deal with the bigger ones over night and the rest of the signing. How did your Christmas go last year? Any tips?

@db132: I feel after the major HQ layoffs, they sent a bunch of monkeys to replace them. That's how we get all weird, doesn't make any sense pogs. ;)
1 POG TM and I did the all the trees last year except the big one. We built and fluffed them while my signing TM and another POG TM worked on the big tree. There was no way I was leaving her all those trees by herself. She had a big enough workload with hanging signs and building bins and the two front table bins for the ornaments. I always try and give my signing TM a little help with things so she doesn't feel like shes alone. I helped her with the Halloween table signing this past set too. By doing things together then she gets done and is able to help set something or help us push at the end of the day.

1 POG TM and I did the all the trees last year except the big one. We built and fluffed them while my signing TM and another POG TM worked on the big tree. There was no way I was leaving her all those trees by herself. She had a big enough workload with hanging signs and building bins and the two front table bins for the ornaments. I always try and give my signing TM a little help with things so she doesn't feel like shes alone. I helped her with the Halloween table signing this past set too. By doing things together then she gets done and is able to help set something or help us push at the end of the day.

My TL tried to tell me I had to do all the trees myself, I laughed and they dropped it.

My TL tried to tell me I had to do all the trees myself, I laughed and they dropped it.
Mine hasn't talked to me about the plan, but I bet it's me getting screwed and finishing a month late again. Every day somebody bitched stuff isn't getting done that's overdue and every week I'm given stuff that "has to be done no matter what" instead.

Last year, I had one pog tm help me decorate the big tree. I couldn't do it. I was highly overwhelmed. Then, I had a lazy etl help me with fluffing up the trees. So my trees didn't look as good. I ended up doing everything else.

Anyone get a massive, custom-sized pallet full of Christmas signing today? We had to leave it at receiving because it wouldn't fit through any doors or around corners. The signing TM looked like she was going to cry when she saw it...

Anyone get a massive, custom-sized pallet full of Christmas signing today? We had to leave it at receiving because it wouldn't fit through any doors or around corners. The signing TM looked like she was going to cry when she saw it...

It's the same every year.
I don't know why they do that.

I got my signing, backer paper, no shelves, no tube, no massive Christmas pallet. The thing is, I checked the packing list on line and I should have received two pallets today but I didn't!!! I wonder why. I'm hopeing it comes in Wednesday.

I have two pallets that came today. Both six feet tall, one oversized. Don't believe the entertainment shelves are in there. Hoping we don't need any.

I found a spare red tool thing today :D

Hid it in the cabinet we have in the dry room

one of these

Those are handy.
I used a couple of them for smaller signage.

How is your entertainment set going? Oh man! What a mess. So our shelves are completely different from pog. Luckily, I had wrote down what goes there per section, what is there, and the extra shelves on the steel. It made it a lot easier to have like an inventory list. The browser is just an ugly pog.

How is your entertainment set going? Oh man! What a mess. So our shelves are completely different from pog. Luckily, I had wrote down what goes there per section, what is there, and the extra shelves on the steel. It made it a lot easier to have like an inventory list. The browser is just an ugly pog.
I'm trying not to look. Dug out signing for what they've done so far.

We got 2 signing pallets in today. One literally all over floor of truck cuz it fell through the red gauze. Because wouldn't it be a great idea to put all the 10,000 lb items on the small boxes, squish said baby boxes, wrap it loosely, then put it on top of not so organized, loosely packed boxes? Yeah I think that's a powerful idea too.
Entertainment shelves came in for pogs we set yesterday.
And MISSING half of the invoice. Maybe Friday......
Anybody missing the "behind" signing for the end caps for entertainment? Or not have enough of the new large encap sign holders? Totally didn't get one of the vendor guitar hero boxes/shippers either. But neither did a couple of other stores near me.

We got 2 signing pallets in today. One literally all over floor of truck cuz it fell through the red gauze. Because wouldn't it be a great idea to put all the 10,000 lb items on the small boxes, squish said baby boxes, wrap it loosely, then put it on top of not so organized, loosely packed boxes? Yeah I think that's a powerful idea too.
Entertainment shelves came in for pogs we set yesterday.
And MISSING half of the invoice. Maybe Friday......
Anybody missing the "behind" signing for the end caps for entertainment? Or not have enough of the new large encap sign holders? Totally didn't get one of the vendor guitar hero boxes/shippers either. But neither did a couple of other stores near me.
I got two Monday. One were calling "the parade float" cause it's awful. It's almost through the wrap, I'll get to it tomorrow morning. Halfway through the smaller one.

I've still got two cases of the new sign holders from the video game transition. Two more came with this one. Plus at least one "fix it"kit for fitting around the poles. I'll likely need more fix it kits. Hoping I have enough other holders. The team has been signing for themselves so far, I switch to pog after lunch tomorrow and Friday so I'll be signing behind them most likely. They didn't open any of the boxes I gave them Monday yet...

I got two Monday. One were calling "the parade float" cause it's awful. It's almost through the wrap, I'll get to it tomorrow morning. Halfway through the smaller one.

I've still got two cases of the new sign holders from the video game transition. Two more came with this one. Plus at least one "fix it"kit for fitting around the poles. I'll likely need more fix it kits. Hoping I have enough other holders. The team has been signing for themselves so far, I switch to pog after lunch tomorrow and Friday so I'll be signing behind them most likely. They didn't open any of the boxes I gave them Monday yet...

Did you really think they would open sign boxes?! Next you'll convince yourself they may put them up.

I was busy for the past two days re-arranging all the shelves correctly! To the right pog! Apparently, my presentation team never moved them unless they had extra strips, so they added whatever shelf. The good thing is there isn't much signing left for the week after entertainment. I can focus on that for the next two days.

Did you really think they would open sign boxes?! Next you'll convince yourself they may put them up.
It's gonna happen. Or one of them can play with signs ab andd I'll go back to pfresh. Since my replacements have quit...

...my pptl keeps thinking they will and says they will then they don't (cause they know I'll be required to do it for them if they "can't"get to it). We will be sitting down and discussing my signing work versus theirs real soon. I had to put up backer paper today-again. Not only did they not change it only three of four sections had paper....so it wasn't right either way.

It's gonna happen. Or one of them can play with signs ab andd I'll go back to pfresh. Since my replacements have quit...

...my pptl keeps thinking they will and says they will then they don't (cause they know I'll be required to do it for them if they "can't"get to it). We will be sitting down and discussing my signing work versus theirs real soon. I had to put up backer paper today-again. Not only did they not change it only three of four sections had paper....so it wasn't right either way.
I think you need to pull out their core roles AND THE POG. Get the DTL involved. I mean that's a CORE ROLE!!! UHM BACKER PAPER!!!! Ive done signing off and on before I took the position during gaps when we didn't have one. I've been pog. That's part of the job. If I were you, and you know they are setting it.. hand it to them. And do it daily. I have to chase ppl down for sales planners. Except pog if they set it. I LOVE when they set them. Slowly they are learning. Now SL is another story. But huge "signage" transitions like entertainment, the signing person has always handled the majority of. Or mini. Or seasonal.

we kinda done. 2 empty aisles. they didnt send shelves for our store. I guess those aisles will be empty until my order comes or the shelves pallet is late.

we kinda done. 2 empty aisles. they didnt send shelves for our store. I guess those aisles will be empty until my order comes or the shelves pallet is late.
There's either a redwire or known issue via mysupport that the fixture Oakley will arrive to sites by the 26th. One of my tls mentioned it. We're short for the last aisle plus the back wall.

Back