MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Hours for signing?? Ha ha. Oh yeah, I see it says signing on the schedule, but when I walk in, I'm told ... Oh, go set aisle x.

I'd say since Christmas, I've averaged working on signing about 5 - 10 hours a week.

I just throw it away after it sits there for two weeks.

You'd think someone would notice, but no. No one has time to audit or care.

Hours for signing?? Ha ha. Oh yeah, I see it says signing on the schedule, but when I walk in, I'm told ... Oh, go set aisle x.

I'd say since Christmas, I've averaged working on signing about 5 - 10 hours a week.

I just throw it away after it sits there for two weeks.

You'd think someone would notice, but no. No one has time to audit or care.

Same thing here. Between the hour long (or more) morning and midday smart huddles, constant backup at the checklanes, covering for breaks and lunches at guest service, being asked to do sales planners etc., I am almost never doing actual signing. But the problem is that the POG TL seems to still have time to find missing signs and ask me why they're not there. Yesterday I must have tossed at least 10 boxes of various signing. Our seasonal section (Lawn and Patio) is a joke. No furniture is on display, I still haven't had a chance to put up the CSE signing, the table is built but there is nothing on it. Just a random assortment of pallets with soda and a few stacks of lawn chairs. Yesterday right before I left, my TL asked if she could meet with me for a few minutes and I told her I was on my way out, so she said she'll talk to me Friday. I doubt it's to present me a Great Team Hero award. I'm looking like a mad man for a new job, my store has become a stressful and soul sucking pit and I can't take it much longer.

So for the signing on top of the stack chair flat. Is there anything else that goes up there? I feel there is something missing. I put the 6 out of the 8 sign holder they sent me. I hung them with three 18 inch hanging hooks on each side. It didn't specify the hight. Then I inserted two chair pictures on each side. Is that how it should look like? Send me pictures of what your signing looks like.

Wow a zoned hanging furniture aisle, haven't seen that since it was set.
Through some godly magic, ours has stayed decent. The exception is the damn seat cushions, because those hooks are so crappy when you pull it forward to zone there's an 80% chance you'll bend them and they'll never go on right again. Ever. One of these days I'm just going to J-hook them all.

Oh hum I thought it would be a big sign to replace the big sign. I did get a new returned check thing last month but I thought that was diffrent.

Does the new policy apply to online purchases as well? Because we have a few thousand target.com packing slips that have the old policy pre-printed on it...

Did any of you take down the CSE signing from pharmacy or get any communication to take it down? My pharmacist TM came up to me and said that when we had our last visit the signing was supposed to come down.

Do any of you have a cheeky endcap still up? How long were we supposed to keep that sign for? Ours was accidentally tossed today?

Our Cheeky endcap is still up on a 3'x84" endcap, but there is a new Cheeky sign that appears for be for a 3'x54" endcap. I think it was due to be set the week of 3/22. Ours wasn't set yet, so I can't tell you about it for certain.

Hey, guys!

I'm curious on how to use these "up to 30-50% off" circles. What are the rules for using them? Do you have them up all year long over the softlines clearance? When is the best time to use them?

image.jpg image.jpg

My softlines peeps would always let me know when they needed them and where.
There certain times of the year when they had to be up and usually only three or so.
They were only in mass around January.

Anyone else not get the new rolling shelf fixtures for the vitamin aisle setting this week? All I've received are the basedecks so far.

Back