MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Taking down the fos is going to take at least 2 hours by itself with all the care needed to roll up those wires... If by some magic all the wires I've ordered for the past few months come in before dec. 25 I'll just toss the lot and not waste time detangling.

Did anyone else get a 22lb box (said ATTN:STL on green exterior label) of white aisle numbers? We only use that number style in Transcend, and not anywhere else.. so they sent a 22lb US Ground box to 1500+ stores without checking to see if they are even needed? Couldn't they just make a RedWire and have us order our own as needed, or a package set for just A, B, C, etc? We use the 'aisle marker left' kinds with the clear plastic aisle numbers, not this paper kind with the gray endcap extensions. Enormous waste of paper and shipping expenses right out the window, seems like.

Taking down the fos is going to take at least 2 hours by itself with all the care needed to roll up those wires... If by some magic all the wires I've ordered for the past few months come in before dec. 25 I'll just toss the lot and not waste time detangling.

For the middle portion I used all Plastic Hangers for this specific reason (not that I had enough metal ones) mostly because I knew I could take it down (or someone else would more likely) without giving a flying F*&K as to how I do it.

Did anyone else get a 22lb box (said ATTN:STL on green exterior label) of white aisle numbers? We only use that number style in Transcend, and not anywhere else.. so they sent a 22lb US Ground box to 1500+ stores without checking to see if they are even needed? Couldn't they just make a RedWire and have us order our own as needed, or a package set for just A, B, C, etc? We use the 'aisle marker left' kinds with the clear plastic aisle numbers, not this paper kind with the gray endcap extensions. Enormous waste of paper and shipping expenses right out the window, seems like.

My store was one of the early tests for those, we set the entire store with them. Guess they have decided to go forward with them, despite the fact that grey on white makes for terrible contrast.

Can anyone check if the Phillips christmas light display label signs have dpcis? Mine got lost in the mess that was most of the third quarter, and they are not listed on the plano anywhere.

My store was one of the early tests for those, we set the entire store with them. Guess they have decided to go forward with them, despite the fact that grey on white makes for terrible contrast.

Can anyone check if the Phillips christmas light display label signs have dpcis? Mine got lost in the mess that was most of the third quarter, and they are not listed on the plano anywhere.

They were sent via UPS, not your regular supply pallets. I'm not sure if they have a part number. I'll check today.

Edit: There was no part number on those strips. Probably the best thing to do is to send it in to mySupport if you still can't find them.

Last edited:

Speaking of those little metal devils, has anyone figured out how to store the wires without them getting tangled and annoying as hell to deal with?

Can anyone tell me how the Wondershop signs for the FOS kiosk (the ones that replace the 10 days of deals) came? Numbers would be awesome too.
Anyone know what we are supposed to do with the empty holders for the catalog?

I tossed the holders. You just remove the pieces that were put up for the 10 days of deals.

My store only needs through O. Shipping from G through O. Nothing higher than 60. Tossed half that box at least.

Speaking of those little metal devils, has anyone figured out how to store the wires without them getting tangled and annoying as hell to deal with?
Mine go back in their bags, then into 4x6 photo organizer I requisitoned from the floor. I have two with a full set of wires plus an empty one for the packages while empty. Can't find a picture, but it works for me.

I didn't want to walk all the way back to get my little organizer thing from the FOS one day, so I just stuck them in the wine-bottle-size paper sacks one day, and they actually work pretty well in those, I think.. My organizer was pretty similar to signingminion's, but I just keep them in their little ziplocks again and tossed into the original box they arrived in, just folded back closed..

I tossed the holders. You just remove the pieces that were put up for the 10 days of deals.

Going to amend this. I got in signs that says "Merry Christmas" to cover up the Wondershop verbiage via UPS. Target must be very worried about people being offended by not seeing something about Christmas everywhere in the friggin store.

Also they didn't even send me enough gripper clips to actually put the signs up, had to do some rigging. Another wonderful day at Spot.

As I recall from last year, they did the same thing.. there was a Merry Christmas banner last year or the year before that hung over the exit doors =)

Time consuming errands to do, to fill up any December hours allotted:
> Tidy the incessantly-messy fixture room

> Discover box you set aside in September to put out later

> Audit/reorder faded aisle descriptions, aisle markers, [circular category signs that hang mid-aisle, can't think of the name]s

> Decide against rigging any heavy fixtures fall on annoying co-worker's head

> Walk the floor and look for types of backer commonly used in sets, and order an on-hand stash for when HQ forgets to send any

> Check hardlines for bad pushers/sticky-dividers and replace/re-order

> Devise method of sending a Harry Potter 'howler' letter to the people who designed HOL16 OH's

> Using a label maker-thingy, make labels with the part numbers of common fixtures bins, to be placed thereon inconspicuously so you'll know where to find them but will still look brand

> Also use label maker to make "[your name] was here" and then stick to some super high ceiling pipe while using the wave to sort other steel-stored fixtures

> Order more clearance shelf labels for when Price starts moaning that they're out again

> Pre-plan illness excuses you haven't used yet, for when cosmetics overnighter resets creep around that you're never needed for anyway

> Audit gondola pieces you have left, and decide whether you need to replace any and order so they'll arrive in time for HOL'17

> Perform traditional "most of holiday nightmare has already passed" waltz, dramatically fall in full view of security camera, claim worker's comp until Dec 26

> Detangle the remaining incessantly-tangled hanging wires or devise a different way to store them

> Ask MySupport, simply, if they have "any more of that cheese left over"

> Put up the carts and carts of shelves that softlines leaves in the fixture room after you just put them all up yesterday

> Put a large open box high in the steel above your signing area and mark it "CSE Extras" but secretly use it as a basketball hoop for wadded-up pink pallet wraps.

Hopefully, these should tide you over some until the hours pick back up when In-With-The-New sets =)

It was my fault. I started to panic because they were taping regular 7x11 holders to shippers, bulk bins, the floor, and I'm just like "...Can you not?"
Each of those should have a sign holder? I was telling my pptl about this today and told her I'd quit...she supported that.

Each of those should have a sign holder? I was telling my pptl about this today and told her I'd quit...she supported that.
Some of ours didn't come with them. I don't know if they fell off or what. But all of mine got used and I can't find where I wrote down the part number, nor can I find them via keywords in SAP.

Time consuming errands to do, to fill up any December hours allotted:
> Tidy the incessantly-messy fixture room

> Discover box you set aside in September to put out later

> Audit/reorder faded aisle descriptions, aisle markers, [circular category signs that hang mid-aisle, can't think of the name]s

> Decide against rigging any heavy fixtures fall on annoying co-worker's head

> Walk the floor and look for types of backer commonly used in sets, and order an on-hand stash for when HQ forgets to send any

> Check hardlines for bad pushers/sticky-dividers and replace/re-order

> Devise method of sending a Harry Potter 'howler' letter to the people who designed HOL16 OH's

> Using a label maker-thingy, make labels with the part numbers of common fixtures bins, to be placed thereon inconspicuously so you'll know where to find them but will still look brand

> Also use label maker to make "[your name] was here" and then stick to some super high ceiling pipe while using the wave to sort other steel-stored fixtures

> Order more clearance shelf labels for when Price starts moaning that they're out again

> Pre-plan illness excuses you haven't used yet, for when cosmetics overnighter resets creep around that you're never needed for anyway

> Audit gondola pieces you have left, and decide whether you need to replace any and order so they'll arrive in time for HOL'17

> Perform traditional "most of holiday nightmare has already passed" waltz, dramatically fall in full view of security camera, claim worker's comp until Dec 26

> Detangle the remaining incessantly-tangled hanging wires or devise a different way to store them

> Ask MySupport, simply, if they have "any more of that cheese left over"

> Put up the carts and carts of shelves that softlines leaves in the fixture room after you just put them all up yesterday

> Put a large open box high in the steel above your signing area and mark it "CSE Extras" but secretly use it as a basketball hoop for wadded-up pink pallet wraps.

Hopefully, these should tide you over some until the hours pick back up when In-With-The-New sets =)

This makes me laugh, because I have exactly this for any extra small hardware I don't use, I end up playing hoops with the bags of Hardware I have left over, and think I could use on something else..

Whenever I am in a pinch it is my treasure chest.

Some of ours didn't come with them. I don't know if they fell off or what. But all of mine got used and I can't find where I wrote down the part number, nor can I find them via keywords in SAP.
I'll look it up in the morning. I keep two dozen of sticky 7x11 and 3x5 on hand at all times.

Hola Amigos,

Does anybody know how to print these stickers to put on the gray bins in the signing room? Our last signing guy did it for us but he quit abruptly. Thanks!

AFd3l

Edit: I don't think the image upload is working so here's the imgur link: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

If anybody can also tell me how to post images here that'd be great!

Hola Amigos,

Does anybody know how to print these stickers to put on the gray bins in the signing room? Our last signing guy did it for us but he quit abruptly. Thanks!

AFd3l

Edit: I don't think the image upload is working so here's the imgur link: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

If anybody can also tell me how to post images here that'd be great!

You can order a packet on SAP. Try searching fixture room labels. The pack they come in looks like it is just yellow & white regular labels with fixture room descriptions but if you open it up it has some of the white sticky labels like you want. It does not have everything though....especially not any of the newer fixtures.

I need suggestions or ideas from other signing team members. What is the best way you take down the overhead signing without having all the wires get tangled? I have no issue storing them, it's just taking all the holiday signing all at once and having to try to keep the cords from getting tangled. Last year I ended up giving up and spent a few weeks trying to get them untangled.

Back