MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Zebras can now print POG paperwork.

Now if they could just print revision labels and price change we'd be all set! We tried printing price change in Store Applications today and instead of listing the world by aisle, it only listed each item and we could figure out how to print anything. But also nothing available on the zebra yet either. Hoping tomorrow it's fixed!

In our store they never have put their stuff away and they never ever will. But I feel a wonderful weight off my shoulders that the fixture room, and especially the style fixtures/signing, is now NOP to me.:cool::)

if i lose this position that's gonna be the only thing i'll look forward to. it's still my responsibility rn and ppl are still disrespecting my ass by putting random things in there w/ no note where they're from or if i need to save it. unless i know what it is and what it's for/where it goes, i'm just tossing shit now.

Did you all notice the two hours each week for the transition expert (signing) gets to maintain the fixture room. I did, my girl has already been doing it for years. Now she gets to keep doing it. And yes I still have transition experts, one plano one signing they set all planos GM experts just do revsions and sales planners. And I'll get more helpers for larger sets.

Gonna have to check that out. Is that included in the time for breaking down the signing pallet into the DBO cubbies or is that still just my group doing that?

On a related note, are your PEs still getting scheduled as such? I have been doing Flexes since the pets transition a while back. One guy has been getting Presentation hours, the other has been bouncing between Flex and GE.

Gonna have to check that out. Is that included in the time for breaking down the signing pallet into the DBO cubbies or is that still just my group doing that?

On a related note, are your PEs still getting scheduled as such? I have been doing Flexes since the pets transition a while back. One guy has been getting Presentation hours, the other has been bouncing between Flex and GE.
All our PEs, all two, are DBOs. One has Spots Playground and the PE in charge of signing has Seasonal. All the rest quit or retired before we went fully modernized and were never replaced.

Total hours for PE has been about 32 hours a week. Not much to do these last month and a half.

Total hours for PE has been about 32 hours a week. Not much to do these last month and a half.

DBOs don't have a lot of time to do salesplanners but PE has all the time in the world, they really should let PE do them. That's not just a bias statement, its true. I always have a few hours to spare but I can't help do people salesplanner anymore so I try to do whatever else I can think of.

Only time DBOs should do salesplanners is when PE is working on major transitions like seasonal.

Now if they could just print revision labels and price change we'd be all set! We tried printing price change in Store Applications today and instead of listing the world by aisle, it only listed each item and we could figure out how to print anything. But also nothing available on the zebra yet either. Hoping tomorrow it's fixed!
I was able to print price change by aisle for my areas today.

I didn't see that part. I'll have to look tomorrow. Was it in the same part as the +10 hours for non pog signing?

Yes, in there. Has a part where it breaks down the hours. Oddly, it still includes time for SAP ordering. 🤔

I was able to print price change by aisle for my areas today.

Weird. My TL said someone else had printed PC labels earlier in the day so I wonder if maybe something changed after that as I tried in the afternoon.

Anyone know what these are for? It’s a box of .5 inch adhesive weird label holders.

Attachments

• CFD74D10-2760-4F86-8D19-9BA1EE8B12CB.jpeg
    CFD74D10-2760-4F86-8D19-9BA1EE8B12CB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
DBOs don't have a lot of time to do salesplanners but PE has all the time in the world, they really should let PE do them. That's not just a bias statement, its true. I always have a few hours to spare but I can't help do people salesplanner anymore so I try to do whatever else I can think of.

Only time DBOs should do salesplanners is when PE is working on major transitions like seasonal.

This would be impossible to do at my store as I am a DBO and PE. It's killing me not to be able to start setting my Dom/Bed/Decor endcaps for next week. The pallets of freight for them are piling up. Doing my best to let the TL handle the stress of it though and just do the tasks that are assigned to me day to day.

Did anyone ,who happened to be able to check this weeks pallet in, see the signing for the Dave Matthews launch?

You'll kill those ec's next week for this week just take care of this weeks work. Just know it's gonna probably take some time to undo old habits and let somebody else do the planning and stressing. Till then todays work today and tomorrow's work tomorrow.

I know. And I've done a surprisingly good job of stepping back from planning and not stressing about it. But I'm touching ALL THIS FREIGHT (6+ pallets worth now) and I am itching to start setting already. I don't have the luxury of sorting the pallets so it's all mixed. Would so much rather set empty and fill it all in as I come across it off the truck.

I agree completely. I'd love it if they scheduled me to do salesplans. But as it stands, the only time we ever end up with them anymore is if the other departments don't get them done since I guess that metric still falls on my TL even if most of it is now out of his control.

A few months back right when modernization hit, they did schedule me one day doing nothing but salesplans, but since then when the transition hours died up, I haven't touched a pog in any form.

What's this "world" thing all about, I never heard of that term.

This would be impossible to do at my store as I am a DBO and PE. It's killing me not to be able to start setting my Dom/Bed/Decor endcaps for next week. The pallets of freight for them are piling up. Doing my best to let the TL handle the stress of it though and just do the tasks that are assigned to me day to day.
Why can’t you set? Not scheduled enough hours to set and push freight?

What's this "world" thing all about, I never heard of that term.

Lol, sorry. Meant to say workload.

Why can’t you set? Not scheduled enough hours to set and push freight?

Correct, kind of. Most days I am getting plenty of time to work freight, but because it's so heavy with the new stuff I can't finish it all so never get a chance to set anything. I did manage to set a few retie endcaps yesterday at least. But that doesn't help with all the freight.

Back