MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

It used to be defined by the percentage of change within the pog:
- less than 20% change was a revision
- more than 20% change was a transition

My husband has tried explaining Target's justifications for choosing revision vs transition to me (has something to do with keeping their budgets for the following year) but it just sounds like a bunch of made-up bullshit they tell themselves to appear reasonable.

Our DBOs never did anything except unload truck and work/backstock pulls and freight. And they didn't enough time for that.
Same here. For example, they'll schedule the dbo of OTC 40 hours. But the two days the dbo is off, no one is scheduled to push OTC freight. So the push is always behind. There's no time for anything else. Then there are constant calls for opu and cashier backups. But yet when revisions and salesplanners are overdue, management wonders why things are behind. Cute game.

Last edited:
Setting stationary and this is all NOP off one POG. Not clearance and showing no current or future POGs. Thank you Target, your too kind!

-image removed-

Last edited:
* throws new ISM away *
nothing to see here....
🤭

Funny story about ISM: we had a bullnose sign for soccer that is supposed to sit on one of the lower shelves that kept getting knocked down every morning by the cleaning lady with the floor scrubber. She'd place it on the top shelf and then the Plano lady would walk by and fix it. Well, the Plano lady is not a fan of of this rinse and repeat method so she finally took the sign down after about a week. TL saw the sign sitting by the office trash can and asked why it wasn't up. Plano lady told her why but was told it HAD to be put back up because "it's on the pog." Plano lady was not going to keep playing this game so instead she threw away the sign directly into the compactor so the TL wouldn't see it. 😆

That's exactly what I do with any bullnose ISM that comes in as we don't have any of the holders anymore. And you know what? No one ever asks for me to order any when they set those pogs. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Same here. For example, they'll schedule the dbo of OTC 40 hours. But the two days the dbo is off, no one is scheduled to push OTC freight. So the push is always behind. There's no time for anything else. Then there are constant calls for opu and cashier backups. But yet when revisions and salesplanners are overdue, management wonders why things are behind. Cute game.
DBO seems like a job that really needs the goldilocks zone to be a thing at all times to work. It won't work with too few hours, it won't work if they're called up too often for backup...etc.

DBO seems like a job that really needs the goldilocks zone to be a thing at all times to work. It won't work with too few hours, it won't work if they're called up too often for backup...etc.
Exactly. In our store it never really got off the ground in Style. For a short time we had a TM in Kids and one in RTW that were consistently scheduled 30-35 hours and they were able to somewhat maintain their areas and get push and pricing done. But the kids TM never touched their considerable reshop, and used to get called for backup a lot. Things fell by the wayside pretty quickly, both TMs left and we've had nothing close to a DBO since then.

Exactly. In our store it never really got off the ground in Style. For a short time we had a TM in Kids and one in RTW that were consistently scheduled 30-35 hours and they were able to somewhat maintain their areas and get push and pricing done. But the kids TM never touched their considerable reshop, and used to get called for backup a lot. Things fell by the wayside pretty quickly, both TMs left and we've had nothing close to a DBO since then.

We still use the DBO model in style but honestly, no one ever gets past minimal reshop maintenance and price change, maybe a green racks or two. The rest of the freight.....forget about it. Barely happens, the TL & I probably put more of the hanging freight out than anybody else.

We still use the DBO model in style but honestly, no one ever gets past minimal reshop maintenance and price change, maybe a green racks or two. The rest of the freight.....forget about it. Barely happens, the TL & I probably put more of the hanging freight out than anybody else.

Are you a VM now?

I'd love to know what lawsuit led to the excessive "DISPLAYS ARE NOT FOR SALE!" signing in Baby.

Took them long enough. Been an issue ever since they launched Swaddle.

I'm still waiting for them to take my suggestion of returning to the old shelf ISM for displays since the ones they want to stick to the displays work for crap- which I've showed them multiple times when they've walked my store (I've left old ISM up to prove my point 😆)

Back