MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Took them long enough. Been an issue ever since they launched Swaddle.

I'm still waiting for them to take my suggestion of returning to the old shelf ISM for displays since the ones they want to stick to the displays work for crap- which I've showed them multiple times when they've walked my store (I've left old ISM up to prove my point 😆)
I like the idea of it, but the execution is bad. It'd be nice if there was some sort of hard tag, like the ones for the "DISPLAY ONLY" tags, that held it on instead of the crappy fragile loop things.

I like the idea of it, but the execution is bad. It'd be nice if there was some sort of hard tag, like the ones for the "DISPLAY ONLY" tags, that held it on instead of the crappy fragile loop things.

Very true. I've actually shown them how I usually adhere them instead of how they want them. I loop it around a handle and stick it to the ISM instead of the display itself. Works a bit better, but isn't consistent across displays.

Very true. I've actually shown them how I usually adhere them instead of how they want them. I loop it around a handle and stick it to the ISM instead of the display itself. Works a bit better, but isn't consistent across displays.
I just always use zipties. Doesn't look great but it's also not coming off that way. If in doubt, ziptie it out.

How do you guys put up CSE fabrics on high capacity back walls?

We have a blue Genie lift, but I'm not certified and I don't think our PML has ever used it. Do these extend far enough to reach the wall?

We have a blue Genie lift, but I'm not certified and I don't think our PML has ever used it. Do these extend far enough to reach the wall?

I am 5ft 6in and if I stand on the side of the Wave and lean as far over as I can on one foot I can juuuuust reach enough to push the sides in on the CSE. It was a brutal stretch on my back though and I am not looking forward to having to do it again in the summer when the Food & Beverage one needs replacing. Might actually see if I can convince someone taller to do it.

PML told me when he installed the frames over the high capacity shelves we happened to have a scissor lift in the building so he used to install.

Last edited:
I am 5ft 6in and if I stand on the side of the Wave and lean as far over as I can on one foot I can juuuuust reach enough to push the sides in on the CSE. It was a brutal stretch on my back though and I am not looking forward to having to do it again in the summer when the Food & Beverage one needs replacing. Might actually see if I can convince someone taller to do it.

PML the old me when he installed the frames over the high capacity shelves we happened to have a scissor lift in the building so he used to install.
I saw someone on yammer post that future updates won’t include F&B untill they have a better solution.

I saw someone on yammer post that future updates won’t include F&B untill they have a better solution.

I thought that was why it was delayed until summer. And really by that logic, I shouldn't have had to update the Paper CSE as at my store as that is also over high capacity shelving. 🤷🏻‍♀️

PML the old me when he installed the frames over the high capacity shelves we happened to have a scissor lift in the building so he used to install.

I'm 5'9 and I can barely reach with the wave.

Oh those signs were always so much fun. Leaning over so far on the wave that you feared for your life. Finally getting all the pieces hung and getting back down on the ground only to see gaps between the sun pieces. Since you say fabrics I’m guessing the CSE signs are made differently than with the plastics of yesteryear.

Oh those signs were always so much fun. Leaning over so far on the wave that you feared for your life. Finally getting all the pieces hung and getting back down on the ground only to see gaps between the sun pieces. Since you say fabrics I’m guessing the CSE signs are made differently than with the plastics of yesteryear.

What's worse about them now is you have to touch literally every inch of the 20x68 CSE, top and bottom to push the edges in. Way more brutal on the body than those of the past used to be....and I thought those were bad enough!

What's worse about them now is you have to touch literally every inch of the 20x68 CSE, top and bottom to push the edges in. Way more brutal on the body than those of the past used to be....and I thought those were bad enough!
Do you use any type of clip to hold on to one side while you move your way down? I’ve only actually put up a couple and I’ve always thought it would be easier to put in a corner and clip it off a little as you go. I’ve had it slip out a couple times and have to start over.

Do you use any type of clip to hold on to one side while you move your way down? I’ve only actually put up a couple and I’ve always thought it would be easier to put in a corner and clip it off a little as you go. I’ve had it slip out a couple times and have to start over.

Damn, that's a really good idea! And would save me a lot of frustration. Right now I just get one side done then work my way down to the other about 3/4 of the way, then grab the opposite corners get them in place and work my way back to where I left off. The other day I didn't do this and ended up 2 inches short of the opposite side and had to pull out a bunch of the middle to be able to stretch it to fit.

Maybe a giant hair claw clip would be a good size to hold the fabric into the frame......🤔

Supposedly there are/were wedge cards you're supposed to use to temporarily pin the thing in place as you're putting it up. Never saw them at my store, but floor cling applicators work just as well--and, thanks to certain people's hoarding habits, we have a good stash of those. Whenever I have to put up CSE, I wedge one in here and there as I go along and take them out once I'm done.

Supposedly there are/were wedge cards you're supposed to use to temporarily pin the thing in place as you're putting it up. Never saw them at my store, but floor cling applicators work just as well--and, thanks to certain people's hoarding habits, we have a good stash of those. Whenever I have to put up CSE, I wedge one in here and there as I go along and take them out once I'm done.

Thanks for the tip! I have a few of those stashed away from when I was signing TM before. I also have some plastic putty knives that might work too.

Thanks for the tip! I have a few of those stashed away from when I was signing TM before. I also have some plastic putty knives that might work too.

I think I read on reddit someone was using giftcards. I can see that being a good option because you can adjust the tightness depending on how many giftcard you use.

So I've been doing presentation for a very long time but I still cannot figure out what the shaded grey items mean on a transition execution note, but when you look at the schematic page, it's all white. Does it correlate to anything?

I understand what the shaded part mean in revision just not transition.

Back