MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I don't think the POG needs another shelf. I'm pretty sure one of the "shelves" is just a wire basket that clips under another shelf and holds a certain size of the Downy Unstoppables. I could be wrong though, I wasn't the one that set it.
That's what I thought at first too because we had a newer tm in that area but ours actually added a shelf

I don't think the POG needs another shelf. I'm pretty sure one of the "shelves" is just a wire basket that clips under another shelf and holds a certain size of the Downy Unstoppables. I could be wrong though, I wasn't the one that set it.
I set that POG and yes it called for another shelf in each of the first 3 sections. Luckily we have enough shelves in our fixture room.

I set that POG and yes it called for another shelf in each of the first 3 sections. Luckily we have enough shelves in our fixture room.

We're missing five of those shelves in our pets pog so we finally thought they came in for it and we put them out. Turns out they were for Chem lol.

H$H is vmg so nothing really to be bother about yet z let see if trim a tree will be the issue .

It wasn't the H$H but the Dec Home salesplanners and seasonal aisles (apparently a trend run in remodeled stores - We still have a toy flat and no home trend run.

I'm not in signing but it's really hard to do candy up front with a box that says 1-8-2 when the shelves goes from 1-7-1 to 1-9-1

How does signing handle stuff like this?
There's usually at least one of my holiday end caps in Personal Care that's goofy like this. First time this happened, the labels printed such that it looked like I should have 9 shelves of those body wash gift sets... except it skipped at least 2 shelves, maybe 3. And it's not like there were fixture pieces or sales planner elements taking up those extra numbers. Do these POG designers not know how to count?

What is that big toy gateway ISM train thingy for? Toy catalog holder? I didn't want to bust it open and have it fall apart.

What is that big toy gateway ISM train thingy for? Toy catalog holder? I didn't want to bust it open and have it fall apart.

I believe it goes on top of one of the Toys focals. Some stores will also get a floor cling that looks like train tracks, with something that sits on the tracks.

They are very big into transportation themes this year. Trains in Toys, a truck or van for Rear Seasonal, and a double decker bus for Marks & Spencer.

I believe it goes on top of one of the Toys focals. Some stores will also get a floor cling that looks like train tracks, with something that sits on the tracks.

They are very big into transportation themes this year. Trains in Toys, a truck or van for Rear Seasonal, and a double decker bus for Marks & Spencer.

Oh I see , thank you.

Are the Orn Hooks Sidecap pogs in Trim-a-tree part of an ISM build or prebuild? Are they a shipper? I can't find anything helpful on the paper planogram, and it isn't obvious to me what to do. I'm hoping they show up when I work thru the transition pallets tonight.

This is my first Xmas owning presentation, and we're setting really aggressively because we have inventory at the worst possible time for wrapped transition pallets... Just want to do things right.

Are the Orn Hooks Sidecap pogs in Trim-a-tree part of an ISM build or prebuild? Are they a shipper? I can't find anything helpful on the paper planogram, and it isn't obvious to me what to do. I'm hoping they show up when I work thru the transition pallets tonight.

This is my first Xmas owning presentation, and we're setting really aggressively because we have inventory at the worst possible time for wrapped transition pallets... Just want to do things right.

The sidecaps will be pre-built, pre-filled shippers.

Cause this is what my adjacency looks like, and it still isn't obvious to me how these sides are meant to be attached:

Screenshot 2023-10-22 173130.jpg

There is no basedeck for them to sit on...

Cause this is what my adjacency looks like, and it still isn't obvious to me how these sides are meant to be attached:

View attachment 15260

There is no basedeck for them to sit on...

Ah, gotcha. I see what you're saying now that I can actually see it. And now that I think of it, our map is the same. The sidecaps still should just get screwed into the pegboard like a normal temporary sidecap (don't ask me what I was thinking saying they needed to go into an upright. They don't. Clearly I've been out of Plano too long. Sorry. 😳). The sidecaps won't sit on a basedeck exactly but they will hover near the basedeck of the front or back POGs.

Unless they are designing these particular sidecaps to clip into both the front and the back pegboards......🤔 But still should sit low like it is on a basedeck.

Ah, gotcha. I see what you're saying now that I can actually see it. And now that I think of it, our map is the same. The sidecaps still should just get screwed into the pegboard like a normal temporary sidecap (don't ask me what I was thinking saying they needed to go into an upright. They don't. Clearly I've been out of Plano too long. Sorry. 😳). The sidecaps won't sit on a basedeck exactly but they will hover near the basedeck of the front or back POGs.

Unless they are designing these particular sidecaps to clip into both the front and the back pegboards......🤔 But still should sit low like it is on a basedeck.
According to my PMT, there are no endcaps at the end of those fixtures. I tried putting up a regular sidecap fixture but it doesn't work. I guess I'll see what I'm working with when we find the product and go from there.

We set one today. It has the two plastic hinge pieces with the curly q plastic screws that you use to attach it to one of the gondolas and it just hovers on the side. It’s super lite. You’ll need to adjust capacities. It fits like 30 and the capacity is set to 100+.

It fits like 30 and the capacity is set to 100+.
Set my electric shave end cap today and had to similarly adjust down the capacities. Even without a shipper tray, 40 of those boxes wouldn't fit in the designated space. It's more like 9 on the tray and maybe 18 would fit on a bare shelf. Do they just pull numbers out of the air?
I see similar huge numbers for travel. Seriously, those little tubes of toothpaste and whatever are small, but they're not THAT small. Every single reset has me adjusting a lot of SFQs for that POG.

Set my electric shave end cap today and had to similarly adjust down the capacities. Even without a shipper tray, 40 of those boxes wouldn't fit in the designated space. It's more like 9 on the tray and maybe 18 would fit on a bare shelf. Do they just pull numbers out of the air?
I see similar huge numbers for travel. Seriously, those little tubes of toothpaste and whatever are small, but they're not THAT small. Every single reset has me adjusting a lot of SFQs for that POG.

If they don't have the correct dimensions for the product when the POG is built, then yes, they guess. Or if the dimensions are wrong or super thin (think window clings which makes it seem like 1000+ would fit but not really) then the numbers are off by a lot. Bullseye's Playground is by far, the worst area of the store I have seen with wildly consistently wrong capacities.

Last edited:
According to my PMT, there are no endcaps at the end of those fixtures. I tried putting up a regular sidecap fixture but it doesn't work. I guess I'll see what I'm working with when we find the product and go from there.

I think what is misleading on the map is that the sidecaps look centered which is impossible. They will be either with the front POG or the back of each gondola. Would have been better if they had just included these sidecaps as part of 2 of the POGs instead of separate. Kind of like all the other sidecaps attached to saleplans in p-care, and OTC, and market.

Same. Who comes up with these numbers? It's not even an educated guess.

Back