MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Has anyone seen the tree lot table covers? I've broke down every ISM pallet and check the ISM tracking and no covers been sent. Only thing I got was the table marketing and the shipper for the front table.

Edit: Unless the table marketing is the table covers??? It looks like it's for the sides but didn't really take it out of the box.

Has anyone seen the tree lot table covers? I've broke down every ISM pallet and check the ISM tracking and no covers been sent. Only thing I got was the table marketing and the shipper for the front table.

Edit: Unless the table marketing is the table covers??? It looks like it's for the sides but didn't really take it out of the box.

Looks like no table covers this year. And yes the marketing is on the sides.

Does anyone else have not nearly enough rear seasonal red backer paper?? I mean, a decent number of pogs don't explicitly call for any, but... it looks so much better with it. I estimate I only have enough for about a quarter of the total set.

Does anyone else have not nearly enough rear seasonal red backer paper?? I mean, a decent number of pogs don't explicitly call for any, but... it looks so much better with it. I estimate I only have enough for about a quarter of the total set.

It's only for certain POGs. Front endcaps, all ornament bin, lighting backwall, and focal.

Targets been pretty stingy with back paper since modernization. I don't mind it too much, less work for me! Overhead looks pretty underwhelming though.

Last edited:
They never send enough. Although they sent more this year than most. We try to at least do the front endcaps and then the back ones with what's left.

What's with the hanging ornaments being on shelves? Is there supposed be cardboard fixture that's supposed to used or dividers? As it is it's going to be a pita for zoning and fulfillment.

If they don't have the correct dimensions for the product when the POG is built, then yes, they guess. Or if the dimensions are wrong or super thin (think window clings which makes it seem like 1000+ would fit but not really) then the numbers are off by a lot. Bullseye's Playground is by far, the worst area of the store I have seen with wildly consistently wrong capacities.
I understand your point, but the boxes with electric shavers are such that the numbers they figure in are ridiculous. Some of the numbers are mathematically impossible - like 41 for 3 facings. I think it makes someone somewhere look stupid. (Same opinion about the oral care end cap that was supposed to have 6 shelves, with 2 shelves each for 3 kinds of toothpaste, although that's a lack of imagination, not math skills.)
It was the same with the Manscaped end cap for Father's Day. Then they send huge quantities of product, a lot of which is still sitting in my back room from June. And it would seem that *someone* should know that the end cap includes shipper trays, which often come with at least some product. It's one of those things where that cliche about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing really applies. There needs to be better communication and coordination. Or any. There seems to be none right now.

Agreed. Doesn't seem like something like backer paper would be that expensive, compared to other things, even multiplied across all stores. And yes, it looks way better, especially as stock sells down.

I may already know the answer. Where some divders

I understand your point, but the boxes with electric shavers are such that the numbers they figure in are ridiculous. Some of the numbers are mathematically impossible - like 41 for 3 facings. I think it makes someone somewhere look stupid. (Same opinion about the oral care end cap that was supposed to have 6 shelves, with 2 shelves each for 3 kinds of toothpaste, although that's a lack of imagination, not math skills.)
It was the same with the Manscaped end cap for Father's Day. Then they send huge quantities of product, a lot of which is still sitting in my back room from June. And it would seem that *someone* should know that the end cap includes shipper trays, which often come with at least some product. It's one of those things where that cliche about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing really applies. There needs to be better communication and coordination. Or any. There seems to be none right now.

The other reason for this is many of the people who make these POGs are lazy and just assume "oh, they'll fix it at the stores" or that "it doesn't matter." My husband does this kind of work for his job and while he knows better (because I will and have called him out on mistakes on his POGs), he has told me many others do not take the time to get it right on their end (even though it would be more efficient).

You could try sending a ChatBot. Sometimes they get sent to the people who actually make the POGs so they can fix it. But I wouldn't hold my breath on actually seeing improvements, there's too much distance between us and them for them to care.

Agreed. Doesn't seem like something like backer paper would be that expensive, compared to other things, even multiplied across all stores. And yes, it looks way better, especially as stock sells down.

I'm thinking they are getting away from seasonal backer paper to be more aligned with the Zero Waste push. Though they should at least send replenishment of the standard circle backer for gondolas that needs to be built.

I throw all my backer paper in the baler, therefore zero waste??

I'm off the opinion that dark red backer paper looks so good, it should be the standard across the store.
Well backer paper isn’t cardboard so it really shouldn’t be placed in the baler. I believe the paper also has a waxy film on it making it non recyclable with paper either as the direction has always been to trash it.

Last edited:
Back