Archived So half of food avenue and Starbucks was fired today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, Starbucks. Still wasn't aware of that discount, but I have never worked over there, I'd have been far more surprised if such a thing existed at Food Ave.

I, too, hate when food is wasted. However, if you let TMs get away with stuff like that, then you have them making more than is needed so they have some leftover for themselves at the end of the night.
This.
One time they termed a barista who would make the 'wrong' drink, ask if anyone wanted it then take it for herself.
Problem was it was a fairly unique drink that everyone know she liked.
After it became more & more frequent, she was pulled & termed.

Our food ave team never really gives discounts, except for one team member who will give out an expired pizza if you beg for it. Starbucks, on the other hand, loves to only charge TMs for those $0.50 refills for any drink they order.

I got a free pretzel once, and a salad. Think that's pretty much the extent of things I've had for free. Pretzel I was on my break, person in front of me asked for a pretzel with no salt, she gave him one with salt, he complained so she remade it and gave me the salted one for free with the drink I was intending to purchase. The salad was at the end of a night I took it home after it was QMOS'ed because it expired that day, that was ran past the LOD first though

Once in awhile, our TL or ETL would recognize us by giving us free Starbucks drinks of our choice. Would this be a problem?

No, it's fine. They do their own thing on their end to make sure its accounted for and "paid". I haven't seen many TLs do it, and only mainly ETLs and the STL. On bad weekends we bribe our local police station to come hang out in front for free Starbucks coffee.

It's been about a year since they stopped giving out those free combo meals / free smoothies or gift cards. I could see where it was being misused, especially from actually working in the cafe. There was one TM who ate a free meal every day cuz she was tight with the GSTL. A couple more like that, too. Back then it was "Sell a RC, free meal @ FA!"

There's a TM at my store whom is a coupon person. She makes me nervous because she always brings in her coupons after the transaction, so they get processed as missed coupons. As far as I can tell, she's using legitimate coupons, and isn;t exploiting anything, but it still just makes me nervous. The computer will take any coupon in the missed coupon function, regardless of what was purchased. I think you can even do it multiple times in different stores if it's done on the same day. I'm not suggesting this TM is pulling some kind of scam...but it makes me paranoid that I'm being duped into something that can get me fired.

There's a TM at my store whom is a coupon person. She makes me nervous because she always brings in her coupons after the transaction, so they get processed as missed coupons. As far as I can tell, she's using legitimate coupons, and isn;t exploiting anything, but it still just makes me nervous. The computer will take any coupon in the missed coupon function, regardless of what was purchased. I think you can even do it multiple times in different stores if it's done on the same day. I'm not suggesting this TM is pulling some kind of scam...but it makes me paranoid that I'm being duped into something that can get me fired.

I agree with redeye, bring it it to AP. I find it strange, that she brings them in after her transaction. Sounds like she's doing something shady. I work at the service desk as well and would mention it to AP. Chances are that AP is already watching her.

I agree with redeye, bring it it to AP. I find it strange, that she brings them in after her transaction. Sounds like she's doing something shady. I work at the service desk as well and would mention it to AP. Chances are that AP is already watching her.
Yes. Definitely get with your AP. If she is using her discount card, it may also have alerted them. Also, if you are frequently the one processing her missed coupons, it might raise red flags about you.

Even a shitty coupon person shouldn't need to do that every time for every coupon...ap and fast.

I was told our APTL walked him over to the stores ATM, had him withdraw $, and then had him hand it over. I imagine it was basically an ultimatum in the form of "You pay back x amount, or we press charges."

That seems really weird to me. I can understand complying if you person did do something wrong or even if you did something wrong by mistake (like being careless with discounts), but it just seems odd and I feel like that isn't target policy to take the person to the ATM and have them withdraw money and give it to you.

This happens with our cleaning crew in cycles. They always seem like drug addicts and losers. First time they fired everyone, and that team wasn't that bad from what I saw. Now they have a goof troop of meth heads I think.

I think an outside company handles the cleaning crew and the guy who I think runs that company is a total idiot. When I first started he walked passed me bitching to someone about how no one wants to "work". Basically whining why people don't want to wipe shit off bathroom walls for minimum wage I guess.

When I was the opener at SB, I surprised one of the women on our cleaning crew brewing herself some tea.
She look at me wide-eyed as she walked away with her drink as I called the LOD.
Did not see her ever again.
Lmao wow, that's crazy.

We had a cashier fired recently. Not entirely sure why, wasn't there when it happened, and what I heard from others was vague. I assumed it was theft, but it might have been something more borderline like inappropriate discounting. I was told our APTL walked him over to the stores ATM, had him withdraw $, and then had him hand it over. I imagine it was basically an ultimatum in the form of "You pay back x amount, or we press charges.".

Problem is, those agreements aren't legally binding as far as I am aware, and you paying can be construed as an admission of guilt if charges are later pressed?

That seems really weird to me. I can understand complying if you person did do something wrong or even if you did something wrong by mistake (like being careless with discounts), but it just seems odd and I feel like that isn't target policy to take the person to the ATM and have them withdraw money and give it to you.

That sounds like restitution. Most likely the person signed an admission statement and agreed to civil restitution. Most of the time payment is set up later through Target law department but there are ways of processing it in the store following the interview.

At the Target I worked at almost 10 years ago, the STL and other Leads of a store 3 hours away showed up during our first break to talk to our STL. The entire break we sat there wondering what was going on, and when break was done no one announced the end of it. So we all went back to work stocking the shelves, and a half hour later the STL from the other store was walking around checking on us.

What had happened was our STL was coming into work high on methamphetamine, and someone called the hotline. He was fired and removed from the building.

At the Target I worked at almost 10 years ago, the STL and other Leads of a store 3 hours away showed up during our first break to talk to our STL. The entire break we sat there wondering what was going on, and when break was done no one announced the end of it. So we all went back to work stocking the shelves, and a half hour later the STL from the other store was walking around checking on us.

What had happened was our STL was coming into work high on methamphetamine, and someone called the hotline. He was fired and removed from the building.
Yikes!

Dayum!
Was his store green at least?

How did they know? He was acting the fool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back