Service & Engagement Soda Stream exchange

We received several new cases of Soda Stream canisters after being out for more than a month. Now the exchange barcode or dpci 072-04-1900 doesn’t work, it causes an error on the POS saying to restart the computer. Has anybody else seen this, is there a workaround?

My ETL says we aren’t going to do the Soda Stream exchanges anymore but I haven’t seen any communication about that. When they announced that we weren’t going to do returns or exchanges the two exceptions were Soda Stream and cell phones. We’re out of them now though.

I just did one yesterday and it was fine. I’ll try again tomorrow. If it doesn’t work, I would probably no barcode it, then audit the sodastreams to the correct number. (Do not no barcode if you’re not planning on auditing, and obviously confirm with a leader before doing so).

then mysupport/myhelp it! The more people who MySupport, the quicker it’s fixed.

My ETL says we aren’t going to do the Soda Stream exchanges anymore but I haven’t seen any communication about that. When they announced that we weren’t going to do returns or exchanges the two exceptions were Soda Stream and cell phones. We’re out of them now though.

you can contact sodastream and have more sent in. also make sure that your onhands are correct

I thought that scanning the barcode and keying in $0.00 (or keying in the dpci 072-14-1900) to start the exchange took the place of auditing. If not, what is the point of the procedure?

OK, audit. But that's not the question. Does the barcode that initiates the exchange or 072-04-1900 and entering $0.00 work for you? do you actually use that process?

you audit in case guest service tms are not following the proper process

which surprisingly is more often than you might think
This!!
I thought that scanning the barcode and keying in $0.00 (or keying in the dpci 072-14-1900) to start the exchange took the place of auditing. If not, what is the point of the procedure?
you should be scanning two barcodes. The “empty“ one (on the sticker) and the full one. That will properly count. But it just takes one GSTM a who doesn’t to screw up counts. Once a week, it’s good to check the counts.

That is what I am asking, the first barcode produces an error, the one on the sticker.

That is what I am asking, the first barcode produces an error, the one on the sticker.
from what I understand, they both ensure replishment, but the one on the bottle (the "new" barcode) actually keeps track of the counts. I'll try tomorrow but definitely myhelp/mysupport it!!

Hmmm... our store has been out of the refill cartridges for the last 2 weeks. We were selling the refills without taking back the empties. Wonder if this is the reason we haven't received any new refill cartridges.

We contacted soda stream like yesterday, they only have one plant doing all the refills and everything and that pretty much fully shut down earlier this month. they said to us that we wont expect any more replenishments for a good 2+ weeks.
Thanks for sharing this!

We contacted soda stream like yesterday, they only have one plant doing all the refills and everything and that pretty much fully shut down earlier this month. they said to us that we wont expect any more replenishments for a good 2+ weeks.
My store has been getting them.
Hmmm... our store has been out of the refill cartridges for the last 2 weeks. We were selling the refills without taking back the empties. Wonder if this is the reason we haven't received any new refill cartridges.
You can’t do that. Then you have empty spots in your box. The only way the system works is by doing 1:1. Not to mention, the GS ones are a discounted price, because you’re giving one back for eventual reuse. If guests want one without recycling, they can buy one from the floor.

oh wow really? you must be the lucky ones haha all our neighboring stores are having the same issue.
We do a lot of them (relatively affluent area) so maybe we’re prioritized? Idk. Whenever we get low, they always send us more. Idk if it helped but the default location (GS1) is set to a capacity of 7. A long time ago, I updated it to 36 (two boxes)

Almost a month ago I took a call from Soda stream and at that time they were saying that they were fairly desperate for the refill bottles as about half of Targets stopped accepting swaps. At that time they asked that if we had at least 8 to pack them up and send them in rather than the normal policy that they only accept full boxes of empties. We never stopped exchanges so we had a near full box to send in and have since received a replacement box of full ones.

My store has been getting them.

You can’t do that. Then you have empty spots in your box. The only way the system works is by doing 1:1. Not to mention, the GS ones are a discounted price, because you’re giving one back for eventual reuse. If guests want one without recycling, they can buy one from the floor.
This was when we were not taking returns. The leadership at our store decided not to take back the empties, but were willing to sell the new refills, and tell the guest to bring back the empties when we started taking returns back. So, we have some empty soda stream refill boxes waiting for when and if this ever occurs.

This was when we were not taking returns. The leadership at our store decided not to take back the empties, but were willing to sell the new refills, and tell the guest to bring back the empties when we started taking returns back. So, we have some empty soda stream refill boxes waiting for when and if this ever occurs.
they were wrong... target specifically said Co2 exchanges were excluded from the return ban

they were wrong... target specifically said Co2 exchanges were excluded from the return ban
Originally, when the ban went into effect, corporate did not address soda stream exchanges, per se. It only mentioned cell phones, and what not. Only 2-3 days later, corporate updated the ban exclusions to include soda stream exchanges. So our store decided not to accept the empties because of the original confusion, and never changed the policy. Although, some empties made it back during this return ban.

Back