Archived Softlines - Adding Sales Floor Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

RightArm

2 Many Hats...
I tried searching this topic but didn't get anywhere. Does anyone know how to add locations to the sales floor in softlines. For instance, our intimates department only numbers up to K22 and K1 - K21 are bra and panties locations. That leaves me literally only ONE location in sleepwear when I have four convertible fixtures. If I just put in a number above K22 it says "invalid". I was told there was a way to add to sales floor locations but nobody seems to know how to do it. Would appreciate the help if anyone on the forums has the answer.
Thnx!

I tried searching this topic but didn't get anywhere. Does anyone know how to add locations to the sales floor in softlines. For instance, our intimates department only numbers up to K22 and K1 - K21 are bra and panties locations. That leaves me literally only ONE location in sleepwear when I have four convertible fixtures. If I just put in a number above K22 it says "invalid". I was told there was a way to add to sales floor locations but nobody seems to know how to do it. Would appreciate the help if anyone on the forums has the answer.
Thnx!

I'm pretty sure you can do this thru Store Applications. I don't work today, but I will check tomorrow and post how to after work.

Your usual log in code won't work, youll need to ask a TL or ETL, then go to sales floor location menu, then add sales floor location. Youll have to do the range you want, for instance, k1-k99. It will delete and locations not covered. Then you have to hit view BEFORE printing. You have yo priny otherwise im not sure it will stay.

Your usual log in code won't work, youll need to ask a TL or ETL, then go to sales floor location menu, then add sales floor location. Youll have to do the range you want, for instance, k1-k99. It will delete and locations not covered. Then you have to hit view BEFORE printing. You have yo priny otherwise im not sure it will stay.

Can you do this with a My Device or do you have to use a PDA? And thnx! :)

You have to do it through your signing computer. You will need to get the ETL to log in and there's a "sales floor location menu" or something similar to that on the main screen.

You have to do it through your signing computer. You will need to get the ETL to log in and there's a "sales floor location menu" or something similar to that on the main screen.
It can be done a PDA under sflm. I am not certain if that short cut still works.

I knew that was an option under BRLM, but I've never noticed that in SFLM. It goes right from scan/key aisle to scan/key pog number.

So if I get a PDA and look under "all applications" then I will see sflm? Keep in mind that I have never done this before. I do not work in the backroom but I do know how to pull batches and label and ticket things. If there was a "dummy's guide" that would be awesome. ;) Of course I am a TM and someone mentioned that you had to be a TL/ETL to do this. Is that correct? My TL does not know how to do it either but is trying to look into it. Thnx everyone. :)

At my store, the regular login allows you to add salesfloor locations.

Go to the sign and label PC, which is usually in or near the fixture room. After you login (you might have to have a leader log in at your store), choose the option to Add/Remove Salesfloor locations. Enter the new salesfloor location range you want to add. Choose add locations. Click the button to view what you added. After you view what you added, choose print and print the barcodes for the new locations on regular yellow label paper. After you do this, you should be able to tie to the new locations on the MyDevice or PDA.

At my store, the regular login allows you to add salesfloor locations.

Go to the sign and label PC, which is usually in or near the fixture room. After you login (you might have to have a leader log in at your store), choose the option to Add/Remove Salesfloor locations. Enter the new salesfloor location range you want to add. Choose add locations. Click the button to view what you added. After you view what you added, choose print and print the barcodes for the new locations on regular yellow label paper. After you do this, you should be able to tie to the new locations on the MyDevice or PDA.

This. That's how I did it.

As for sflm. I'm with sigma7, I've never seen an option to create a new location unless this feature has been added recently.

Sales floor location management on the signing and label PC is not the same as sales floor location management on a PDA.

So if I get a PDA and look under "all applications" then I will see sflm? Keep in mind that I have never done this before. I do not work in the backroom but I do know how to pull batches and label and ticket things. If there was a "dummy's guide" that would be awesome. ;) Of course I am a TM and someone mentioned that you had to be a TL/ETL to do this. Is that correct? My TL does not know how to do it either but is trying to look into it. Thnx everyone. :)

No, you have to go to Store Applications on a computer. You may have to have an ETL log in to access the function.

I was actually thinking about this the other day. Let's say I have locations K1-K15 setup. If I add locations to extend it to K1-K99 will it mess up the ties from aisles K1-K15?

I was actually thinking about this the other day. Let's say I have locations K1-K15 setup. If I add locations to extend it to K1-K99 will it mess up the ties from aisles K1-K15?
No it won't mess up existing ties, but you DO need to dispose of any duplicate location labels that you might print.

Update for me. Turns out our Plano TL knew how to do this and took care of it for me. It is under "store applications" but requires a special log in which team members on the floor do not have. Thanks everyone or your input. Appreciate it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back