Specialty Sales to take over home and seasonal

If you don't have a Plano team then the responsibility will just shift over to specialty. Any DBOs in these areas will also be recorded as style consultants. That goes for anyone that pushes in B, C and D.

How many gm TLs do you have? In stores with at least 3, 1 of them would change to a sstl.
I was told we are not changing headcount and gm is still staying 3 and specialty 2

I assume that's the plan, I'm certain. I just like doing my own transitions. It breaks up the monotony and makes sure things are set to my standards the first time instead of me having to fix POGs other TMs set, which happens everytime. I don't want a presentation expert doing them.

Honestly, with this new org chart my biggest concern is who will be my TL. I'd love to leave my current TL far, far, far behind in GM. (Nice enough guy. Rather useless and does nothing right when he does "help" though.) I'm nervous he'll just get recoded to SSTL. Supposed to find out some of this stuff tomorrow. We shall see.

are you me? You must be. I don't know *why* or *how* people fuck up setting POGs or stocking or back stocking or pulling or pushing, but they certainly do!
-
silly me - people are lazy, that's the answer.

What all are we talking about with Home here? The old fill group Home included stuff in Dec Home and Kitchen. Currently for sales reporting purposes Home includes Domestics, Dec Home, Kitchen, Stationary, Storage and Utility, and Seasonal/Outdoor Living. My store uses "home" as shorthand for Dec Home + Domestics (Bed & Bath).

So what exactly is included? And, where is this infor coming froming? Is it a District, Group, or Regional thing. Or, is this some new corporate directive?

And, just as speculation how do you even give Seasonal to specialty sales when so many seasonal sets rely on receiving product that normally go in GM?
There is some info in the April monthly planner. When I read it this morning, it just said home and seasonal. Still leaves a lot of questions but it's a start

are you me? You must be. I don't know *why* or *how* people fuck up setting POGs or stocking or back stocking or pulling or pushing, but they certainly do!
-
silly me - people are lazy, that's the answer.
I'm on the Plano team. The amount of time I spent fixing counts is ridiculous. I will have it perfect and when a revision comes up, they're messed up again.

There is some info in the April monthly planner. When I read it this morning, it just said home and seasonal. Still leaves a lot of questions but it's a start
It includes everything that falls under the 'home' category in other reports:
Stationary
Housewares
Bath
Bedding
Domestics
Dec Home
Plastics/Storage
And for some reason Bullseye's Playground

I set and fix Capacities on the fly. I usually notice when I get a ton of a certain product in stock, or when my 1-4-1s don't fill the floor correctly.
Most of my counts are ok, but I know I have OH errors due to the DC - mispicks, never receiving the product, etc.

Oh my! We are the same person! I do try to check and correct floor counts before backstocking or when I come back from an off day and find shit overstocked all to hell though.

It includes everything that falls under the 'home' category in other reports:
Stationary
Housewares
Bath
Bedding
Domestics
Dec Home
Plastics/Storage
And for some reason Bullseye's Playground
Seriously ?
That is WAY too much !
In my store that would be : Softlines (1/3 our store) PLUS 171 aisles with only 2 TL !! (Unless they take the other GM TL,- that would be fairer.)
cosmetics (8 aisles), electronics (20 aisles), Stationary/kichen (40), bath/storage/plastic (40), bedding/home decorating (40), rear seasonal (15)
bullsye ( 8 )
That it a LOT to oversee !

in our store the service and engagement ETL has taken fulfillment over - so they have front end & fulfillment with 4 TL
(2 SE TL, 1 Food service TL, 1 Fulfillment TL)

So……..what does that actually leave for GM ETL ? Inbound, backroom, presentation & 165 aisles in my store & 3 TL - to be only 2 ?
( 1 inbound/backroom TL, 1 GM/presentation TL, 1 GM only TL - may move to SS TL)
1. Essentials: hair, OTC, personal care, Chem, pets, paper - for us would be a total of about about - 50 aisles
2. Market - 40 aisles
3. Entertainment - 20 aisles (crazy to me to not group this with electronics !)
4. Toys/toy flat - 25
5. Sporting goods - 20
6. Mini seasonal/Luggage - 10

Sounds like the SS ETL has lots more than the SE-ETL and the GM-ETL have !

SE ETL should take Bullsye, check lane E/C and X9 (front foyer)

Seriously ?
That is WAY too much !
In my store that would be : Softlines (1/3 our store) PLUS 171 aisles with only 2 TL !! (Unless they take the other GM TL,- that would be fairer.)
cosmetics (8 aisles), electronics (20 aisles), Stationary/kichen (40), bath/storage/plastic (40), bedding/home decorating (40), rear seasonal (15)
bullsye ( 8 )
That it a LOT to oversee !

in our store the service and engagement ETL has taken fulfillment over - so they have front end & fulfillment with 4 TL
(2 SE TL, 1 Food service TL, 1 Fulfillment TL)

So……..what does that actually leave for GM ETL ? Inbound, backroom, presentation & 165 aisles in my store & 3 TL - to be only 2 ?
( 1 inbound/backroom TL, 1 GM/presentation TL, 1 GM only TL - may move to SS TL)
1. Essentials: hair, OTC, personal care, Chem, pets, paper - for us would be a total of about about - 50 aisles
2. Market - 40 aisles
3. Entertainment - 20 aisles (crazy to me to not group this with electronics !)
4. Toys/toy flat - 25
5. Sporting goods - 20
6. Mini seasonal/Luggage - 10

Sounds like the SS ETL has lots more than the SE-ETL and the GM-ETL have !

SE ETL should take Bullsye, check lane E/C and X9 (front foyer)
I dont think you understand how much the gm etl had to do. The amount of hours of payroll per area ( maybe not the best way to judge total workload) the gm etl probably had more hours allocated between gm f+b and ff then the entirety of the rest of the store combined and doubled. It is a way to even out the duties. I might be biased as a gmtl but i know i have to work far harder then the other areas of the store granted we had been under headcount for an entire year, either missing a gmtl ,fotl, or f+b tl all right after each other and had to pick up the slack there.

I dont think you understand how much the gm etl had to do. The amount of hours of payroll per area ( maybe not the best way to judge total workload) the gm etl probably had more hours allocated between gm f+b and ff then the entirety of the rest of the store combined and doubled. It is a way to even out the duties. I might be biased as a gmtl but i know i have to work far harder then the other areas of the store granted we had been under headcount for an entire year, either missing a gmtl ,fotl, or f+b tl all right after each other and had to pick up the slack there.
I agree the GM ETL HAD a LOT - MORE than the other ETL’s for sure - spreading SOME out was a good idea.
I just think that NOW it is weighted MORE heavily on the SS ETL !

I agree the GM ETL HAD a LOT - MORE than the other ETL’s for sure - spreading SOME out was a good idea.
I just think that NOW it is weighted MORE heavily on the SS ETL !
There saying its now closer to 50-50 split in most cases still favoring gm since ff is so big. The areas they are taking over are most of the smaller areas. Kitchen can be busy and seasonal and bed/bath imo is pretty consistent. But its not essentials and toys 4th quarter is a whole other animal.

In my opinion, it's more evenly split as far as sales go. However, I'm in a LV store with myself as the sole SSTL and my SD as my ETL. So now I'm going to own more than 50% of the store in footage with no other TL while Food/GM will still have 3 TLs. My issue isn't with SS owning these areas, it's the fact that I'm getting no additional support to take them on.

In my opinion, it's more evenly split as far as sales go. However, I'm in a LV store with myself as the sole SSTL and my SD as my ETL. So now I'm going to own more than 50% of the store in footage with no other TL while Food/GM will still have 3 TLs. My issue isn't with SS owning these areas, it's the fact that I'm getting no additional support to take them on.
It is my understanding that GM will lose one TL and SS will gain one. probably the GM TL currently over the home depts. now Will be reclassified as SS.

It is my understanding that GM will lose one TL and SS will gain one. probably the GM TL currently over the home depts. now Will be reclassified as SS.

This is the way it's happening at my store. Those are my areas and I have been informed I am moving to SS, technically, as is the TL that oversees those areas. Two of the daytime GM people are for sure moving over, and maybe the other closer but they're on the fence with her because she closes in Seasonal sometimes, too. I was told I will officially be in a different spot on the grid starting with the schedule being written tomorrow, but my duties won't actually change. I forgot to ask if I will still be reporting to my same ETL or if that will switch, too, but I don't think we have a SS ETL right now.

You won’t . If you don’t have an speciality etl and at least 2 Tl you won’t get it .

My SD told me about it yesterday. I own stat, storage, BPG, stat, toys and sports. He didn’t get into details but the GMTL will get reassigned to own different areas.

So what happens to the GMTL that runs Inbound and has STAT/Kitchen/ Domestics/Home/Seasonal? Does someone take the Inbound process?

Im wondering if this will change the P1/P2 designations. Or possibly eliminate them all together.
According to my ETL-GM, it just means that Essentials becomes PP1 (as it always has been) and Hardlines becomes PP2. Our store is realigning our GMTLs to make it work and one is becoming a third SSTL.

It seems like a lot, but from what I understand, it reallocates hours for sales mix--the amount that GM makes to what SS makes was about 70/30.. now it'll be closer to 50/50.

A new org chart has apparently been around for a while. It's been posted over on Reddit.

This and more changes are on the way apparently.

Remember, the name on the building is "target". Change can be difficult, but it is theirs to change.

A new org chart has apparently been around for a while. It's been posted over on Reddit.

This and more changes are on the way apparently.

Remember, the name on the building is "target". Change can be difficult, but it is theirs to change.
Do you have a link to the chart? I did a quick search and only found one posted 2 years ago. And please, if you have a whisper of the changes let us/me know, I'm big on planning. Not planning an escape or anything...just making sure the right people are in the right place and have the best training they can for what has to be accomplished.

Back