Archived Specific types of guests that are annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guests who let their children take an Easter basket from the shelf and let them fill it up with random candy. Candy from CL to groceries to seasonal then leave the the basket in some random place in the store.

Couples who have their fights in Target.
I just had a couple like this in my the store last week. The guy walked off to look at stationary supplies and his girlfriend was by the red phone for sporting goods (a five foot walk, if that) and she was yelling out his name every ten seconds. I don’t know why he wasn’t answering but I swear this girl could probably be heard all the way in cosmetics. She just kept yelling and the guy finally got tired of it and screamed at her to stop embarrassing him in public.

1. For my top one would be collectors. More specifically, pop collectors. No we can't put on hold that target exclusive killmonger. No, you can't have more then one. AND NO, THAT THANOS POP IS STREET DATED!!!!

2. Old people that want help with prepaid cellphones. When target mobile isn't there, and I get a guest that wants help loading minutes into their phone, I politely explain that I can't. They precede to look at me and tell at me like I've ruined their entire lives.

3. Resellers. Resellers. RESELLERS!!!!

My poor damned electronics TM came into TSC the other day furious as all hell about dealing with some pushy Funko collector who accused him of hiding the extra figures to sell on eBay.

Also, anyone had to deal with the Star Wars fans last Friday when some new toys came out? I was told we had some really bitchy ones in right at store open who said we sucked as humans because we only got X number of action figures. I like Star Wars too, but the nerd rage over plastic action figures...

I had several gentlesirs ask me about the Star Wars toys. One of them was wearing glasses that were so smudged with grease that I don't know how he even saw through them

We had a whole crowd of guys outside our store the day they released (together as a group) and they all got one but they bought our whole stock. At about 8:30 someone walked in and freaked when we told him we ran out lol

People that pay in change but dump it out on the counter, say “just take what you need” and make you count it for them. So damn annoying and rude. If I’m paying in change (I’m broke a lot so I do this occasionally) I will hand a dollar of it at a time to the cashier so we can both keep track or just go through self checkout.
Related: people that toss their money on the counter instead of just handing it to me. It’s incredibly rude and disrespectful. Instantly makes me wanna fight. What did I ever do to you for you to treat me like this
This!! If you don’t want to count it, go to SCO!!

I also hate the people who are like oh just keep the change. Like i think they assume they’re tipping me but no it’s just literally targets bottom line

We had a whole crowd of guys outside our store the day they released (together as a group) and they all got one but they bought our whole stock. At about 8:30 someone walked in and freaked when we told him we ran out lol

I woulda been like

qcnLLS9.jpg

My poor damned electronics TM came into TSC the other day furious as all hell about dealing with some pushy Funko collector who accused him of hiding the extra figures to sell on eBay.

Also, anyone had to deal with the Star Wars fans last Friday when some new toys came out? I was told we had some really bitchy ones in right at store open who said we sucked as humans because we only got X number of action figures. I like Star Wars too, but the nerd rage over plastic action figures...

Oh, yeah. Some dude came in looking for the 10 inch porg. Dude was freaking out that we hadn't gotten them in yet. Wish I had been on the clock, I love giving bad news to assholes like that.

Really got to love the collectors that give the rest of us a bad name, I love collecting Figures and such, but God damn some of they are horrible. Had one dude ask over the phone ask if it is true our next shipment of the porgs were coming in Monday, I told I can't disclose that information, he got pissy and hung up. I'm not gonna let you come in and harass my friends

Nerds (and I say this as a nerd) are the worst when it comes to "their" stuff. And "their" stuff includes anything they've determined is theirs, because they are fans--products, films content, books, TV shows, writers, directors, producers and all content creators, etc. The entitlement is astonishing as far as how much they expect the real world to cater to their requests/whims/demands/socially-maladjusted-entitlement/cosplay-expectations/etc. Be better, nerds. Be better.

1. For my top one would be collectors. More specifically, pop collectors. No we can't put on hold that target exclusive killmonger. No, you can't have more then one. AND NO, THAT THANOS POP IS STREET DATED!!!!

I like juuust got into funko pops and every time I read about the collectors on here or the target subreddit, I hope and pray to never be that damn annoying. There's a Coming to America Prince Akeem in the McDowell's uniform exclusive one coming. First target exclusive I actually like. If my store gets it (We... don't get many black things lol) I won't be annoying about it.

But on topic, I have this guest who calls in and expects us to do all of her shopping over the phone and then she sends her husband in to get the stuff. Sometimes she comes in and does her own shopping and she's annoying af then too. Very entitled and she has a shopping addiction that clearly annoys the husband. And a returning addiction too lol.

But on topic, I have this guest who calls in and expects us to do all of her shopping over the phone and then she sends her husband in to get the stuff. Sometimes she comes in and does her own shopping and she's annoying af then too. Very entitled and she has a shopping addiction that clearly annoys the husband. And a returning addiction too lol.

Does she know about Shipt/OPU/drive-up yet lol

I tell her every time lol. I know she knows how to use the internet because sometimes she's clearly on the site reading me dpcis. Whenever I get the call, I limit her. Her voice is so distinct. I always know it's her. I don't like doing all of someone's shopping over the phone, and we're definitely not required to do that crap but some TMs are pushovers and some guests just expect us all to do that.

@Serah ..... That will be a"consumer utopia" for that Guest !!!! ;)

Nerds (and I say this as a nerd) are the worst when it comes to "their" stuff. And "their" stuff includes anything they've determined is theirs, because they are fans--products, films content, books, TV shows, writers, directors, producers and all content creators, etc. The entitlement is astonishing as far as how much they expect the real world to cater to their requests/whims/demands/socially-maladjusted-entitlement/cosplay-expectations/etc. Be better, nerds. Be better.

it's really funny when nerds get triggered by normies liking nerd stuff. Like they feel that their cringey little subcultures will be tainted by outsiders if allowed in. From my experience with nerd culture, it's in dire need of more normies, not fewer

Just for kicks, when I am checking out the collectors I ask them if they need a gift receipt for the toys. The looks I get are priceless! I take great pleasure in reminding them they are grown ass men buying TOYS.

Just for kicks, when I am checking out the collectors I ask them if they need a gift receipt for the toys. The looks I get are priceless! I take great pleasure in reminding them they are grown ass men buying TOYS.

As someone who collects vinyl, whenever I get someone who wants to sneer at the grown man dropping a months rent on records I will be happy to go into exhaustive detail as to the better audio quality of analog sound as well as the recording methods used to capture the music and reproduce it in a manner so it truly sounds like what the artist intended.
I can, in fact, do that for more than half an hour while your line backs up.
We all get our pleasure where we can, I guess.

As someone who collects vinyl, whenever I get someone who wants to sneer at the grown man dropping a months rent on records I will be happy to go into exhaustive detail as to the better audio quality of analog sound as well as the recording methods used to capture the music and reproduce it in a manor so it truly sounds like what the artist intended.
I can, in fact, do that for more than half an hour while your line backs up.
We all get our pleasure where we can, I guess.

Absolutely better sound:)

Yeah, and albums are different than dolls.

Any guest that has to open a package to see it. Who doesn't know what underwear, socks, blankets, pillowcases and other everyday items look like? And don't get me started on make up! Stop testing and just buy it! You're here all the time and you can return it next time if you don't like it! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back