Archived Specific types of guests that are annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
The retard that holds the phone right next to their mouth walking around with the phone on speaker. Like speakerphone is meant to be used hands free i dont want to hear you talk about your stupid bullshit also why are you yelling........................

Doesnt happen a whole lot, but the occasional creepy call.

You know. You're just like, being helpful. Providing details about a nursing bra for some poor sucker buying for his wife. And then he wants a lacy thong... And some patent stilettos...

And then you're just like nope. *click*

Always feel vaguely betrayed. Since I was being, like, legitimately helpful at first. So annoying and a waste of my time.

The "do you have this in back? No? Can you check?" Soccer moms.

I know what of my area I have in backstock. If I say it isn't back there, it isn't back there.

Also the "I see you have a shitton of stuff down this aisle. Let me just shove my cart through it while not looking at a damn thing down the aisle."
I know this belongs in the confessions thread, but if I explain that an item might as well be in Narnia if it's "lost" somewhere in the backroom instead of being scanned into a location and they still want me to check, I go in back and pack a couple SFS packages then tell them I couldn't find it. :D

1. Guests that will use a cart, only end up buying one item, then leave their cart in front of the register when they’re done checking out. You literally have to walk past the carts to leave?
2. Guests that bring up a cart to guest service then just leave it in front of the register/desk after they’re done with their return. Why did you need a cart to carry your shirt you’re returning? And why did you leave it?
3. “Why isn’t my card working?” “I don’t know you’d have to call and ask them why they’re declining it.” “That’s bullshit you can call if you want but I’m not calling them.” “I’m not going to call your bank for you and beg them to let you pay that’s gonna be an issue you’re going to have to figure out on your own and it’s none of my business.” “Why won’t you call them for me?” Wtf?? Why would you want me to?
4. *On a register* “You need to call more checkers and open more lines.” First of all, wtf is a checker. Second of all, how?
5. *Denies their return at guest service* “I SPEND SO MUCH MONEY HERE I CANT BELIEVE IM BEING TREATED LIKE THIS I SPEND THOUSANDS HERE!!!!!!!” cool story bro. I don’t give a shit. No one gives a shit. That doesn’t make your receipt not expired or your ID not maxed out. Suck it up buttercup.
6. *inhales* GUESTS THAT DONT PUT THEIR CLOTHES ON THE BELT AND HAND LIKE 15 SHIRTS TO ME AT A TIME ON THE HANGERS HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HOLD THE BAG OPEN TAKE THE HANGERS OFF AND FOLD THEM AND PUT THEM IN THE BAG IF I HAVE TO HOLD ALL OF THEM UP BECAUSE YOURE SO AFRAID OF MAGICAL INVISIBLE DIRT AND YOUR NASTY ASS ALSO DOESNT APPARENTLY WASH YOUR CLOTHES AFTER YOU BUY THEM! USE COMMON SENSE!!
7. Guests that buy storage tubs and a shit ton of groceries, and put all their stuff in the tub on the belt. So I have to sit there and unload every single thing out of their tub and now there’s another person in line with their stuff on the belt? Now I have nowhere to put it. What the actual fuck were you thinking? How did you think this was gonna work?

funko collectors def the worst

had a guy come in at about 11:30am asking about the thanos pop last saturday when we got them in

"sorry we sold out"
"when did you sell out?"
"8:47am"
"how many did you get??"
"15"
"did one person buy them all???"
"no one per household"
"were they behind a counter or on the shelves???"
"behind the counter"
"i was told they were street dated"
"yeah for like march 3rd"
"are there any other stores that have them???"
"no"
"are you sure?"
"yes"
"can you check?"
"i already did earlier"
"when are you getting more?"
"idk"

like this guy wouldnt accept that he was fucking late to these pops

and then resellers especially new ones that think they can try and fight me on it or try and guilt me into letting them buy more like lol no bitch

also ppl who just stand in front of the boat

waiting

like guys theres literally a button right there

in the same button vein tho i hate guests who literally time me

oh haha i was timing u to see if u would make it in 60 sec!

they actually had a stopwatch on their phones like are u srs

funko collectors def the worst

had a guy come in at about 11:30am asking about the thanos pop last saturday when we got them in

"sorry we sold out"
"when did you sell out?"
"8:47am"
"how many did you get??"
"15"
"did one person buy them all???"
"no one per household"
"were they behind a counter or on the shelves???"
"behind the counter"
"i was told they were street dated"
"yeah for like march 3rd"
"are there any other stores that have them???"
"no"
"are you sure?"
"yes"
"can you check?"
"i already did earlier"
"when are you getting more?"
"idk"

like this guy wouldnt accept that he was fucking late to these pops

and then resellers especially new ones that think they can try and fight me on it or try and guilt me into letting them buy more like lol no bitch

also ppl who just stand in front of the boat

waiting

like guys theres literally a button right there

in the same button vein tho i hate guests who literally time me

oh haha i was timing u to see if u would make it in 60 sec!

they actually had a stopwatch on their phones like are u srs

One time, back when that holographic qui gon jin pop was coming out, I had this one guy come in asking for it, told him we had them but they were street dated. He left, came back, and tried to convince me to sell one to him because he had friends that were getting them from other stores. While doing this, he was trying to show me pictures receipts as proof that they could be sold, as if I'm gonna let that convince me to sell them. He left, came back yet again, and apparently, the street date was changed in the system. I checked my my device, and it wasn't street dated anymore. But because we had been telling guests for the last 2 weeks when they could be sold, I said we still couldn't sell them til tomorrow. The guy started to follow me across toys, so I had to call Ap. He got thrown out, came back the next morning, and there were alot OG people waiting. Suffice to say, he didn't get one. It was satisfying to say the least.

• "Why didn't I get a $5 giftcard?"
  • People who don't put their cart in the corral
  • People who don't read and can't figure out what "add grocery item" means on SCO and haphazardly scan their bananas or whatever and locks up the whole machine. BONUS if they do it again after I clear the error.
  • Me: Did you find everything you were looking for? Them: AND MORE!!!!!!!
  • "If it doesn't scan does that mean it's free?"
  • "Am I supposed to just sit here all day with my card in?" while I proceed to walk over and hit the pay button on SCO. To be fair this has happened less since the new update but still.
  • People who call me by my first name
  • People who walk into my checklane while my light is off because looking up requires effort.
  • People who pull out an entire newspaper worth of coupons and sift through them looking for ones that apply. BONUS if it's not even target coupons.
  • The one's that have taken pictures of me while trying to be discrete about it.

• "Why didn't I get a $5 giftcard?"
  • People who don't put their cart in the corral
  • People who don't read and can't figure out what "add grocery item" means on SCO and haphazardly scan their bananas or whatever and locks up the whole machine. BONUS if they do it again after I clear the error.
  • Me: Did you find everything you were looking for? Them: AND MORE!!!!!!!
  • "If it doesn't scan does that mean it's free?"
  • "Am I supposed to just sit here all day with my card in?" while I proceed to walk over and hit the pay button on SCO. To be fair this has happened less since the new update but still.
  • People who call me by my first name
  • People who walk into my checklane while my light is off because looking up requires effort.
  • People who pull out an entire newspaper worth of coupons and sift through them looking for ones that apply. BONUS if it's not even target coupons.
  • The one's that have taken pictures of me while trying to be discrete about it.

I laughed harder then I should have when I read AND MORE!!!

1. For my top one would be collectors. More specifically, pop collectors. No we can't put on hold that target exclusive killmonger. No, you can't have more then one. AND NO, THAT THANOS POP IS STREET DATED!!!!

2. Old people that want help with prepaid cellphones. When target mobile isn't there, and I get a guest that wants help loading minutes into their phone, I politely explain that I can't. They precede to look at me and tell at me like I've ruined their entire lives.

3. Resellers. Resellers. RESELLERS!!!!

My store has a blatant reseller. It's this woman who has a list of what I'm convinced is every single fucking clearance DPCI who basically complains until we look up the item for her on the Zebra.

She wants us to make sure that the clearance isn't in the back and if it is can we please pull it for her because she wants to resell it

• Dropping their bag full of shit to return on the counter.
  • "CAN YOU HOLD THIS ITEM FOR ME I'LL BE THERE IN A FEW HOURS"
  • "Will you give me a discount if I DO a cartwheel????"
  • "No, I'll be saving 5% with my bank's card (literally not how debit cards work lady)
  • At Guest Service: "Can I just check out (my cart full of shit) here?" (Now, if you've got service desk business and you picked up a few items, I'm more than happy to get you checked out.)
  • me: "Hi, how can I help you today?" Guest: "I'm good, how are you?"
also I know they're not guests, but fuck Target.com. I spoke to an American once actually, and she was far less helpful than the team members based out of India. so I hung up on her and did a no receipt return and overrode it to a giftcard.

6. *inhales* GUESTS THAT DONT PUT THEIR CLOTHES ON THE BELT AND HAND LIKE 15 SHIRTS TO ME AT A TIME ON THE HANGERS HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HOLD THE BAG OPEN TAKE THE HANGERS OFF AND FOLD THEM AND PUT THEM IN THE BAG IF I HAVE TO HOLD ALL OF THEM UP BECAUSE YOURE SO AFRAID OF MAGICAL INVISIBLE DIRT AND YOUR NASTY ASS ALSO DOESNT APPARENTLY WASH YOUR CLOTHES AFTER YOU BUY THEM! USE COMMON SENSE!!

I still set them down on the belt, and look right at the guest as I slowly take off the hangers and put them in the bag. Oops ;-)

I don't blame stores when companies don't make enough stuff to satisfy demand.... I blame the vendors. Nintendo is nefarious for this. I stood in line before a store opened to get a Wii and almost did so when the Nintendo Mini Classic came out. Ended up not getting one. My wife wanted one but we already have a retro system with all those games on, anyways. They put out a limited quantity of Fallout Nuka Cola. I was going to get some for my son but it sold out. I'm convinced the people who work at the stores bought 99.9% of it and I'm okay with that because again, vendors shouldn't create hyped up demand without following through on adequate production. It's idiotic. And douche-baggish. And whatnot.

I personally havent dealt with any bad collectors yet. All the ones I've dealt with have been really nice and understanding, or avoid me because some of them are awkward beings and I know they would bring up some shit about how we take things and hide them

We did have one person and threaten to call corporate because he checked brickseek and saw we have 6 of the Killmonger pops but there was a issue and we didn't have them

I just remembered one from my cashiering days (have I ever mentioned how much I HATE cashiering?)

people who buy produce that doesn't have the PLU stickers on it and then stare at me like I'm a moron when I flip the shit over looking for the code. This one guy was giving me a "is this drooling imbecile serious" stare and snaps "THEY'RE ONIONS!!!!!!!!!!!" Wow thanks dude, I have literally never seen an onion before so please be patient with me ╭∩╮:rolleyes: ╭∩╮

for real though there's no way I'm going to memorize 10 billion codes with perfect recall...just about the only ones I remember are 4011 for bananas, 4664 for vine tomatoes and 4609 for the big ass garlic

• Dropping their bag full of shit to return on the counter.
  • "CAN YOU HOLD THIS ITEM FOR ME I'LL BE THERE IN A FEW HOURS"
  • "Will you give me a discount if I DO a cartwheel????"
  • "No, I'll be saving 5% with my bank's card (literally not how debit cards work lady)
  • At Guest Service: "Can I just check out (my cart full of shit) here?" (Now, if you've got service desk business and you picked up a few items, I'm more than happy to get you checked out.)
  • me: "Hi, how can I help you today?" Guest: "I'm good, how are you?"
also I know they're not guests, but fuck Target.com. I spoke to an American once actually, and she was far less helpful than the team members based out of India. so I hung up on her and did a no receipt return and overrode it to a giftcard.

I still set them down on the belt, and look right at the guest as I slowly take off the hangers and put them in the bag. Oops ;-)

Another one that made me laugh. Give them that " look"

I just remembered one from my cashiering days (have I ever mentioned how much I HATE cashiering?)

people who buy produce that doesn't have the PLU stickers on it and then stare at me like I'm a moron when I flip the shit over looking for the code. This one guy was giving me a "is this drooling imbecile serious" stare and snaps "THEY'RE ONIONS!!!!!!!!!!!" Wow thanks dude, I have literally never seen an onion before so please be patient with me ╭∩╮:rolleyes: ╭∩╮

for real though there's no way I'm going to memorize 10 billion codes with perfect recall...just about the only ones I remember are 4011 for bananas, 4664 for vine tomatoes and 4609 for the big ass garlic

We all hate cashiering.

There’s too many to choose from, but:
  1. Guests who come up to the service desk with like one or two items, ignore your greeting, and just plop the item on the desk. I say, “are you returning?” to the response “No, I’m obviously checking out.” which is usually said like I am dumb for thinking you would return at GS or they try to accuse me of not wanting to ring them up.
  2. Guests who come to the service desk for a small return and want to buy their $200 grocery order up there.
  3. Guests who touch me in anyway. Seems obvious, but especially recently I have had guests ask me for assistance and slap my hand away as I go to pick up a receipt they placed on the counter too far out of view or get a closer look at a product. Also, people would grab my arm at sco all the time rather than say excuse me and I was so close to going off.
  4. Guests that say the bathroom is disgusting and you just have to go in pick a few strands of toilet paper off the floor and flush a toilet.
  5. Order pickup guests who refuse to give you ID and give you major attitude when asked.
  6. Scammers. I can respect scammers who get caught and just go “oh well. I tried,” but most of them time it ends with a whole big fight and managers getting involved.
  7. Cranky and downright rude old people. I get I should respect my elders (I do), but when you are that disrespectful and bitter, I find it very hard.
  8. The regulars who always cause problems. They probably fit into many of those categories, but I figured they deserved their own category for the special annoyance and pain they cause.
I could probably go on and on, but now’s probably a good time to stop lol.

I have a guest who will come in at 10:55pm almost every night to return f***ing legos or buy board games then gets mad when we tell him we're about to close. I just glare at him every time he comes in and he knows to leave me alone.

We have some new dog food and the barcode is (I kid you not), located in the bottom crease on the side of the bag. Dumbest place ever to put a barcode... other than under one of our non con labels or pouches. Good times.

You should say, "I run a CLEAN BELT here, Sir! Or Ma'am!"

Are you even allowed to say Sir or Ma'am? I guess that's non PC nowadays. Maybe they don't even identify as people? Makes the brain hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back