Archived Specific types of guests that are annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
FA -
Ritual Popcorn people
Ritual ICEE people
Guests who demanded special request orders; ex. Ice Cream Floats, Water on Pretzels....
Parents who demanded 4 or more free sample popcorns.
<Older FA POS> If you want a combo, order the combo. I don't have time to adjust your order for the Combo prices.
Flow team - calling in Breakfast orders or coming over all at once. Half of the time before FA even opened.

Floor -
People who open product which is taped or in sealed packaging so they can look at it closer or test it; ex. rugs, underwear, bedding, toys....
Cool Product Chunkers
Leave trash people on shelves

Lanes-
People who talk on cellphones
Let kids play with a toy and give it to cashier. "Just letting them play with it."
People who let their kids scream BLOODY MURDER
Couponers

SD-
Veteran Seasonal Returners; ex. number of bedding, bathroom items
No Receipt'ers
Wedding Returners (old days)
"I will take my business to Walmart" people

Last edited:
As someone who collects vinyl, whenever I get someone who wants to sneer at the grown man dropping a months rent on records I will be happy to go into exhaustive detail as to the better audio quality of analog sound as well as the recording methods used to capture the music and reproduce it in a manner so it truly sounds like what the artist intended.
I can, in fact, do that for more than half an hour while your line backs up.
We all get our pleasure where we can, I guess.
Quick note: My brother has bought new/used and pulled out of the basement his original vinyl collection within the last year. It now stands at over 5000. Original/remastered/autographed. It now has its own bedroom.

FA -
Ritual Popcorn people
Ritual ICEE people
Guests who demanded special request orders; ex. Ice Cream Floats, Water on Pretzels....
Parents who demanded 4 or more free sample popcorns.
<Older FA POS> If you want a combo, order the combo. I don't have time to adjust your
Flow team - calling in Breakfast orders or coming over all at once. Half of the time before FA even opened.

Floor -
People who open product which is taped or in sealed packaging so they can look at it closer or test it; ex. rugs, underwear, bedding, toys....
Cool Product Chunkers
Leave trash people on shelves

Lanes-
People who talk on cellphones
Let kids play with a toy and give it to cashier. "Just letting them play with it."
People who let their kids scream BLOODY MURDER
Couponers

SD-
Veteran Seasonal Returners; ex. number of bedding, bathroom items
No Receipt'ers
Wedding Returners (old days)
"I will take my business to Walmart" people

What is a Water on Pretzel, pray tell

People who walk around the store, and talk on their phones using Speaker Phone. One guest was using her speaker phone while she was standing at the guest service counter, today. I'mma gonna guess she kept talking while she was being helped by the team member.

I could hear it, and I wasn't even working at Guest Service.

:rage:

Nobody wants to hear that shit.

no.body.

Last edited:
People who walk around the store, and talk on their phones using Speaker Phone. One guest was using her speaker phone while she was standing at the guest service counter, today. I'mma going to guess she kept talking while she was being helped by the team member.
When they do that at Starbucks I start grinding coffee; French press coarse ground.

ironically enough my store seems to get a lot of kids who are much better behaved/less annoying than their parents. I think I may have mentioned it on here before, but one memorable one was a husband and wife who got into an extremely loud screaming match, yelling and cursing at each other for a good 10 minutes. the kiddos just sat in the cart staring blankly the whole time without making a peep. If my parents had pulled that shit when I was little I would've Code Adam'd myself and prayed for a kidnapping

People who walk around the store, and talk on their phones using Speaker Phone. One guest was using her speaker phone while she was standing at the guest service counter, today. I'mma gonna guess she kept talking while she was being helped by the team member.

I could hear it, and I wasn't even working at Guest Service.

:rage:

Nobody wants to hear that shit.

no.body.
If you can’t put down your phone for THIRTY SECONDS to be helped then I just talk to you as if you’re not on your phone. Oh sorry is my walkie on full volume too?

Code yellow. If you lost your kid, you lost your kid. Why should we care? If you care about your kid, you will have your kid close to you and not let them run around the whole store. Its not my responsibility and job to recover lost kids. Also when their kids go behind the paper towels on the lowest shelf. And they start to move the merch down to the floor.

What is a Water on Pretzel, pray tell
I had guests request salted pretzels with water instead of butter. They were either health conscious or vegetarian. Years ago, pretzels were sprayed with water then salted. But prep changed and spray bottle removed.

As to how to apply the water without a spray bottle took some creativity.

Code yellow. If you lost your kid, you lost your kid. Why should we care? If you care about your kid, you will have your kid close to you and not let them run around the whole store. Its not my responsibility and job to recover lost kids. Also when their kids go behind the paper towels on the lowest shelf. And they start to move the merch down to the floor.

I have no regrets in saying this. You're an asshole.

I had guests request salted pretzels with water instead of butter. They were either health conscious or vegetarian. Years ago, pretzels were sprayed with water then salted. But prep changed and spray bottle removed.

As to how to apply the water without a spray bottle took some creativity.

You could always spit on them, lol

Teenagers.

There is a school within 30 seconds of walking distance from my store. Every weekday between 230-330, we get hit. Friday is, of course, the worst because we are always understaffed and end up with 80 kids coming in and out ordering all frappuccinos.

I'm only 24 but I can't believe the lack of manners in these kids. No please, no thank you, and of course they walk away without getting their change.

I made the mistake when I was young, still in elementary school, of not saying thank you to an employee in a fast food place. My father had me say thank you, and then apologize for being rude. That stuck with me and now working in retail, I understand how obnoxious it is when kids feel like they run the world.

Sorry for my rant. I just can't stand watching these things.
My mom smacked humility, manners, and respect in to me by age five. For that I am eternally grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back