Archived Spider wrapping things to wires that say "see an associate".

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store used to do this with certain items like the robotic vacuum cleaners. Nowadays my store has gotten rid of most of those wires and the items are just spider wrapped.

The APBP in my district had us remove the tethers on all the items that had them. He said they were no longer needed.

They want all merchandise protection to be "self-serve" for guests unless there is some urgent issue where they're getting stolen on a weekly basis.

My store used to do this with certain items like the robotic vacuum cleaners. Nowadays my store has gotten rid of most of those wires and the items are just spider wrapped.
Oh, no, we absolutely still use tethers. My store is in an above average crime area and we need to have them. My ETL-AP said we would be getting rid of locking pegs, though, and just using the black locking clips on pegs.

Oh, no, we absolutely still use tethers. My store is in an above average crime area and we need to have them. My ETL-AP said we would be getting rid of locking pegs, though, and just using the black locking clips on pegs.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like crime has declined under the Trump leadership.

pfft our store no matter what the direction puts blister tags, white peg locks, and lock cases on everything they can! and i mean all 3 at once! ultra protected. i think we spend thousands on the merch protection. its just money we should better spend on AP resources. or better yet make it so we have 3 tms that can aprehend. having 2 on rotation sucks.

pfft our store no matter what the direction puts blister tags, white peg locks, and lock cases on everything they can! and i mean all 3 at once! ultra protected. i think we spend thousands on the merch protection. its just money we should better spend on AP resources. or better yet make it so we have 3 tms that can aprehend. having 2 on rotation sucks.

Everything in our store that is high theft rate is spider wrapped inside of locking cases. As soon as something becomes a hot item it starts as spider wrapping. If it continues to get stolen it gets its own locking case. We have locked cases through out a staggering amount of our hardline areas. I wouldn’t be surprised if everything other than PFresh and Softlines is locked up in 3 years lol

We're slowly switching everything besides TVs in Electronics over to locking showcases. Outside of electronics, vacuums and hoverboards are tethered.

We were finally allowed to tether our TVs last year after losing a ridiculous amount to the same booster in one day. Went from top shortage last year to not even being mentioned this year.

We're slowly switching everything besides TVs in Electronics over to locking showcases. Outside of electronics, vacuums and hoverboards are tethered.

We were finally allowed to tether our TVs last year after losing a ridiculous amount to the same booster in one day. Went from top shortage last year to not even being mentioned this year.

My store never tethered TVs. The local Walmart store has the TVs tethered, but instead of having a wire, they tether them using more spider wrap.

Last edited:
AP risk 9 store here ... anything and everything that can be moved in electronics is spider wrapped, tagged, pegged, locked down and/or a combination of all. Basically anything in the store over $20 has some sort of theft deterrent attached or glued to it. Complaints are common... "Spot employee! Hey why the locks on these My Little Pony Fingernail Vitamins??" Me: "Have you noticed what part of town we are in? By the way... please step closer as I'm going to spider-wrap your child to your arm .... now hold still, child ...."

If I could post a gif it would be Sam Gamgee bravely fighting Shelob. That has generally been my experience with spider wraps although I can get something wrapped.
Tl- "RedZee what was that commotion?"
Me- (out of breath) "Eddie Bauer."
Tl- "Is that a cobweb?"
Me- "Just ran over from seasonal." Kicks debris behind diaper palette.

AP risk 9 store here ... anything and everything that can be moved in electronics is spider wrapped, tagged, pegged, locked down and/or a combination of all. Basically anything in the store over $20 has some sort of theft deterrent attached or glued to it. Complaints are common... "Spot employee! Hey why the locks on these My Little Pony Fingernail Vitamins??" Me: "Have you noticed what part of town we are in? By the way... please step closer as I'm going to spider-wrap your child to your arm .... now hold still, child ...."

Yeah you're store is crazy. 80 APS hours, 240 TPS hours and for a while there were two ETL AP's.

Must be nice having someone who can app in the store at all times.

Everything in our store that is high theft rate is spider wrapped inside of locking cases. As soon as something becomes a hot item it starts as spider wrapping. If it continues to get stolen it gets its own locking case. We have locked cases through out a staggering amount of our hardline areas. I wouldn’t be surprised if everything other than PFresh and Softlines is locked up in 3 years lol

Softlines includes baby hardlines. Lots of small sized stuff gets spiderwrapped there. I'm actually a little surprised the car seats and strollers aren't, but I guess that's because they are very large and therefore hard to smuggle out.

Then again....I did find a spiderwrapped TV sitting in Accessories one day, so maybe physically large items are smuggled out from time to time.

Softlines includes baby hardlines. Lots of small sized stuff gets spiderwrapped there. I'm actually a little surprised the car seats and strollers aren't, but I guess that's because they are very large and therefore hard to smuggle out.

Then again....I did find a spiderwrapped TV sitting in Accessories one day, so maybe physically large items are smuggled out from time to time.

Yeah, generally we don't spider-wrap those because a very large box (mini-fridge, power wheels, car seats, etc) is too awkwardly large and sometimes heavy to be easily or quickly grabbed and taken out of the store. If you have an AP team (or regular team members!) that aren't half-dead, you'd notice it pretty quickly. Also, it's really a waste of large spider-wraps; they'd be better used for something higher-theft like large LEGOs or vacuums/Dysons or something.

But they do get stolen sometimes, I assure you.

My store never tethered TVs. The local Walmart store has the TVs tethered, but instead of having a wire, they tether them using more spider wrap.
That's how we're doing some of the TVs on the floor. We use the smaller spider wrap to hook onto the spider wrap on the TV. It's weird.

We only tether our vacuums and our GPS's. It's really weird. I've never even seen anyone ever buy a GPS... the vacuums make sense... but I would find it quite annoying as a guest to have to wait for someone to come all the way up from Electronics to get me something that's already spider wrapped... it's not like when we take it off the tether we're gonna make them pay for it right away, so they could just as easily steal it... I guess it stops people from stealking multiple at the same time, but it seems dumb to me... also with the pet armor and the perfume.. we just hand them it.. so it being locked doesn't do anything...

That's how we're doing some of the TVs on the floor. We use the smaller spider wrap to hook onto the spider wrap on the TV. It's weird.
Wow, you have enough small spider wraps for that...? We're literally always out so our AP told us to take them all off the fitbits and have them pay for them in Electronics still.

We only tether our vacuums and our GPS's. It's really weird. I've never even seen anyone ever buy a GPS... the vacuums make sense... but I would find it quite annoying as a guest to have to wait for someone to come all the way up from Electronics to get me something that's already spider wrapped... it's not like when we take it off the tether we're gonna make them pay for it right away, so they could just as easily steal it... I guess it stops people from stealking multiple at the same time, but it seems dumb to me... also with the pet armor and the perfume.. we just hand them it.. so it being locked doesn't do anything...

No, but what it does do alert AP that the salesfloor unocked it so they can pop up that camera and keep an eye on that person. But in general if the customer asks they probably are not trying to steal it..

We just swapped out those yellow peg clips for the lock boxes again cause the yellow clips? Yeah they cut the package just below the clip.

Oh, no, we absolutely still use tethers. My store is in an above average crime area and we need to have them. My ETL-AP said we would be getting rid of locking pegs, though, and just using the black locking clips on pegs.
which are more evil

Unless they are wearing these we want too. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81S4jMZxCCL._SL1500_.jpg
child muzzles too. The next billionaire will be the inventor of the child muzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back