Archived Spill the beans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just worried come BTS and Q4 and curious to see the expectations of seasonal TMs. Will they be expected to do all the same thing? Will they just be thrown into a GM team and push while the more experienced TMs donthe rest? I can’t imagine they’ll expect seasonals to fully grasp every concept from backstocking, setting, pricing and pushing. I know there’s basically nothing to set after Halloween but the BTS seasonals will be right in the middle of some of the biggest sets and large pricing workloads.

Anyone have any insight of what this beauty and tech lead role is? How are they able to manage two sides of the store effectively in one day?

Only high volume stores are them
Then my store, which hit 45mil last year is considered as "high volume" because we are getting this role added. Is there any other way to measure volume besides yearly sales? Cause if we go by the old chart, we would be considered a high B or a low A. I thought high volume was AA-AAA+??

I’m just worried come BTS and Q4 and curious to see the expectations of seasonal TMs. Will they be expected to do all the same thing? Will they just be thrown into a GM team and push while the more experienced TMs donthe rest? I can’t imagine they’ll expect seasonals to fully grasp every concept from backstocking, setting, pricing and pushing. I know there’s basically nothing to set after Halloween but the BTS seasonals will be right in the middle of some of the biggest sets and large pricing workloads.

They’ll be ordered to push truck and pulls or even worse, be put in Ship from Store hell.

Anyone have any insight of what this beauty and tech lead role is? How are they able to manage two sides of the store effectively in one day?

I've been the entire salesfloor senior team leader for a year now. The only thing I'm not responsible for on the salesfloor is food. It has been a struggle to say the least. I feel like I have a very unfair workload, especially when I consistently have 3-4 LOD shifts a week. I'm actually hoping the new operating model can save me somehow. Yes, we are a low volume store but on the high end of the cusp. We did 27M last year.

Last Q4 was rough as far as competent seasonal help. I asked hr if he could put a spoon under interviewees noses to check if they’re breathing.

We asked if they could hire adults, I was tired of dealing with children, the ones who we wondered if they were actually breathing were an improvement. We could at least teach them to do something even if it was slow they could do it. These kids didn't get what a job is, and in SFS/OPU is not really the place to learn. Let them cashier, salesfloor not a position where you have to understand how the entire store works to figure out where that item may actually be. Not to mention you couldn't pry their damn phones out of their hands.

I've been the entire salesfloor senior team leader for a year now. The only thing I'm not responsible for on the salesfloor is food. It has been a struggle to say the least. I feel like I have a very unfair workload, especially when I consistently have 3-4 LOD shifts a week. I'm actually hoping the new operating model can save me somehow. Yes, we are a low volume store but on the high end of the cusp. We did 27M last year.
You should be getting a closer and a GM, which should take away most of your LOD shifts. You should end up "Speciality Sales" with your LOG and POG leads becoming GM.

The days of being "global" as a bonus seem to be long gone (it's more of a requirement now, as far as your area is concerned). Anything in the guide as far as the pipeline/bench are concerned?
I don’t remember seeing it in the guide

If there are multiple GM Leads, I imagine Presentation and Fulfillment will be split up among them. I doubt the GM Lead who owns Presentation would want to give up their TMs to the GM Lead who owns Fulfillment.
For a 2 lead store, the GM lead who owns Transitions also owns fulfillment and P2 areas. The other leader owns Inbound, Reverse Log, and P1

We asked if they could hire adults, I was tired of dealing with children, the ones who we wondered if they were actually breathing were an improvement. We could at least teach them to do something even if it was slow they could do it. These kids didn't get what a job is, and in SFS/OPU is not really the place to learn. Let them cashier, salesfloor not a position where you have to understand how the entire store works to figure out where that item may actually be. Not to mention you couldn't pry their damn phones out of their hands.
I can't pry the phones out of the hands of my GSTL's or GSA's. Wonder what would happen if I was constantly responding to the messages on my phone.

I can't pry the phones out of the hands of my GSTL's or GSA's. Wonder what would happen if I was constantly responding to the messages on my phone.

At least ours use the Target app to do stuff along with texting, so I give it a pass. And they are all pretty decent about responding for stuff I need anyways.

My favorite is .... absolutely no drinks on the floor or backroom. Blood clot of Stl and minions strolls by with Starbucks to visit the backroom where the ETL log had an energy drink in his hand. But don't let me have some water. I feel like damn Oliver sometime. Some more please.

My favorite is .... absolutely no drinks on the floor or backroom. Blood clot of Stl and minions strolls by with Starbucks to visit the backroom where the ETL log had an energy drink in his hand. But don't let me have some water. I feel like damn Oliver sometime. Some more please.

The Etl Log at my store is also never seen without an energy drink in his hand, and he always leaves them in random places around the backroom and occasionally the salesfloor. To his credit though, he always says "technically you guys can't have drinks on the floor but I'm not going to enforce it because I break that rule more than anyone else." Unfortunately though some of the other ETLs have been cracking down on that stuff recently, so its always easy to tell who is logistics at my store because like half of us have the starbucks cupholders attached to our uboats with a drink on them at all times.

Not gonna lie I’m the leader in my building who’s always clutching an energy drink. Need it to keep me going while I bust ass all day

What happens when one of those energy drinks spills? No big deal if it's just on the floor and gets cleans up promptly, but if it spills on product? Just defect it out?

Not gonna lie I’m the leader in my building who’s always clutching an energy drink. Need it to keep me going while I bust ass all day

Meanwhile, I'm busting ass doing signing, setting pogs, and filling in for my leader who's off. But no drink for me? Not going to say unfair, because life is .... well, you know. But the reasoning behind the no drinks goes for everyone.

Meanwhile, I'm busting ass doing signing, setting pogs, and filling in for my leader who's off. But no drink for me? Not going to say unfair, because life is .... well, you know. But the reasoning behind the no drinks goes for everyone.
As long as they keep them somewhere where they aren’t spilling or being obvious, we don’t enforce the no drinks rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back