Archived Spill the beans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as they keep them somewhere where they aren’t spilling or being obvious, we don’t enforce the no drinks rule.
We don’t either because all of us are responsible for throwing out drinks except our ETL-SL and ETL-GE who leave their god damn starbucks cups everywhere like children

As long as they keep them somewhere where they aren’t spilling or being obvious, we don’t enforce the no drinks rule.

Since I don't know, what is the actual reasoning behind the no drinks? Is it merely aesthetic as in we don't want the guests seeing us drink or is it for a hygienic reason or both?

And no one means to spill a drink. That's why they are called accidents. Even the most careful person has accidents. Not having a drink somewhere would eliminate that.

Since I don't know, what is the actual reasoning behind the no drinks? Is it merely aesthetic as in we don't want the guests seeing us drink or is it for a hygienic reason or both?

And no one means to spill a drink. That's why they are called accidents. Even the most careful person has accidents. Not having a drink somewhere would eliminate that.
Steritech or now an Ecolabs violation if an open container is found. Open drinks, even water, is a nice avenue for rats, flys, etc to breed from. Unlike with the sales floor that is nice and bright, there is a tendency to hide drinks usually in areas that are not often disturbed or in dark spaces not easily seen through, in the backroom. From that, sometimes people are so in tuned with working on their caffeine rush, they forget where they left their drink so avenues for infestation multiply. What is interesting about rats taking in caffeine is that they develop quicker and become more timid (smarter) about the situation around them. This makes it harder to catch them.

Last edited:
I'd love to see a poll of how many stores sort the electronics the way you state. I'd wager less than 1%.

They already tried super sorting Electronics and stated cages would be going away. It was called out instantly by me and the electronics team & ap knows about it but yet doesn’t agree with It. They literally sorted every bit of electronics including the white repacks. Hopefully the next truck they leave the white repacks alone lol

Steritech or now an Ecolabs violation if an open container is found. Open drinks, even water, is a nice avenue for rats, flys, etc to breed from. Unlike with the sales floor that is nice and bright, there is a tendency to hide drinks usually in areas that are not often disturbed or in dark spaces not easily seen through, in the backroom. From that, sometimes people are so in tuned with working on their caffeine rush, they forget where they left their drink so avenues for infestation multiply. What is interesting about rats taking in caffeine is that they develop quicker and become more timid (smarter) about the situation around them. This makes it harder to catch them.

Am I missing something then? Do leaders' drinks have some camouflage that makes them invisible to getting s violation? And do they contain some chemical that makes them invulnerable to these infestations if they do get spilled (not even discussing the time and resources wasted cleaning up said spill) or left sitting? Am I missing that part?

Why is modernization been keep so secret till 4/1 it's not like people aren't aware. We've been doing the pilot at Target for a long time now. Does this announcement have something do do with shareholders? I would think they would want the team to start preparing for these changes.

Anyone have any insight of what this beauty and tech lead role is? How are they able to manage two sides of the store effectively in one day?
It doesnt. Its literally as bad as it sounds, anyone in that position usually leaves shortly after. They are basically non-existant and each section suffers for it unless a team member picks up the slack and practically acts as a manager. They usually spend the majority of their time in softlines trying to herd cats.

Why is modernization been keep so secret till 4/1 it's not like people aren't aware. We've been doing the pilot at Target for a long time now. Does this announcement have something do do with shareholders? I would think they would want the team to start preparing for these changes.
There are lots of people who aren't on here, and they have no idea what's coming. There are people who will have big changes to their work lives and home lives as well. Schedules are changing in a way that some will not be able to work. Some will be required to switch departments, and some to switch stores. There is specific direction for STLs to speak with highly impacted ETLs and TLs before general announcements to stores, but on the same day. I think the idea is that the news wont come from the internet, or from peers at other stores.

I think it's less about "keeping it a secret" and more about having a plan to roll this all out to the team at the same time and make sure everyone gets the communication, and then implement the changes at about the same time. If they just told the STLs to tell the ETLs and TLs whenever they wanted, most would probably screw it up. If they set a specific date for the whole company, it pretty much forces STLs to come up with a plan. There will still be plenty of communication gaps, for sure, but fewer.

Also, I've noticed that if I tell a team member something and it doesn't actually roll out for a few weeks, they forget everything I told them and I have to tell them again. It's better to wait because you won't have to retrain people. If I say "hey here's how we do this now... but don't actually do it yet, keep doing it the way you're used to for a month" then I'll have to train them again on it all. If I wait, then I only have to tell them once, for the most part.

As for mentally preparing for these changes, you can just look at all of these threads for the answer to that. We haven't even gone through the changes yet and people are going insane. I like to know about things way in advance, but then I just end up worrying about it all and assuming the worst possible outcomes. STLs just found out about these changes a week or 2 ago; the rest of us will find out soon.

I think it's less about "keeping it a secret" and more about having a plan to roll this all out to the team at the same time and make sure everyone gets the communication, and then implement the changes at about the same time. If they just told the STLs to tell the ETLs and TLs whenever they wanted, most would probably screw it up. If they set a specific date for the whole company, it pretty much forces STLs to come up with a plan. There will still be plenty of communication gaps, for sure, but fewer.

Also, I've noticed that if I tell a team member something and it doesn't actually roll out for a few weeks, they forget everything I told them and I have to tell them again. It's better to wait because you won't have to retrain people. If I say "hey here's how we do this now... but don't actually do it yet, keep doing it the way you're used to for a month" then I'll have to train them again on it all. If I wait, then I only have to tell them once, for the most part.

As for mentally preparing for these changes, you can just look at all of these threads for the answer to that. We haven't even gone through the changes yet and people are going insane. I like to know about things way in advance, but then I just end up worrying about it all and assuming the worst possible outcomes. STLs just found out about these changes a week or 2 ago; the rest of us will find out soon.

This. Also, I don't think they want every team member in the store lobbying them about what their roles will be post-implementation. They just want to be able to present it to them as this is the way it's going to be after the plans are finalized. It makes sense from a management perspective because from what I can gather at my store there are a lot of TMs who aren't going to be happy about what they'll be doing.

All of the TLs and up at my store already know. I don't know if they know everything, but they know enough to be having a whole hell of a lot of private leadership discussions in the backroom about implementation and everyone's roles that I overhear bits and pieces of when I'm picking in the area. If every TM knew what was being dicussed, there'd be lots of panicking and lobbying going on.

This. Also, I don't think they want every team member in the store lobbying them about what their roles will be post-implementation. They just want to be able to present it to them as this is the way it's going to be after the plans are finalized. It makes sense from a management perspective because from what I can gather at my store there are a lot of TMs who aren't going to be happy about what they'll be doing.

All of the TLs and up at my store already know. I don't know if they know everything, but they know enough to be having a whole hell of a lot of private leadership discussions in the backroom about implementation and everyone's roles that I overhear bits and pieces of when I'm picking in the area. If every TM knew what was being dicussed, there'd be lots of panicking and lobbying going on.

Yeah, because you wouldn't want people that depend on their job to pay bills to have any knowledge their hours are going to be slashed or their work center cancelled. Better to tell them the day it happens so they have no time to plan.

Yeah, because you wouldn't want people that depend on their job to pay bills to have any knowledge their hours are going to be slashed or their work center cancelled. Better to tell them the day it happens so they have no time to plan.
From a business perspective, yes, it is better. It's awful for those people, but Target probably doesn't care about the feelings of people who are going to quit because they can't adapt to these changes. It's going to happen whether we like it or not. The number of hours won't change, just the timing of them and the workcenter. If you aren't willing to do something different at a different time of day, then Target doesn't want you anyway. I'm not saying I agree with it, though.

From a business perspective, yes, it is better. It's awful for those people, but Target probably doesn't care about the feelings of people who are going to quit because they can't adapt to these changes. It's going to happen whether we like it or not. The number of hours won't change, just the timing of them and the workcenter. If you aren't willing to do something different at a different time of day, then Target doesn't want you anyway. I'm not saying I agree with it, though.

I agree mostly. I disagree about the hours won't change. They wouldn't be doing all this if not to somehow cut payroll.

I agree mostly. I disagree about the hours won't change. They wouldn't be doing all this if not to somehow cut payroll.
The goal isn’t to directly cut payroll. The goal is to make better use of the payroll we have (the payroll that has been shrinking over the years) by using it all during business hours. Sales floor coverage isn’t what it used to be ten years ago, and this new system puts more people on the floor when we are open, to be available to help guests. The idea is to be guest centric without adding payroll, and the way they think they can do that is by moving unload and backroom and presentation teams to dayside on the floor.

Not saying I agree with it, just explaining the idea.

I see it both ways. If the plans aren't final, there's not a lot that they can tell TMs. Not everyone is going to get their preferred assignments or hours. It doesn't sound like that's possible. As someone who is potentially affected by what they decide, I would of course like to be in the loop and have input. But, if they accomodate me, then it's not fair to other TMs. It sucks all around. All I can do is pretend I don't hear shit, make sure leadership knows my metrics are green, and go about my business. Corporate has put everyone in-store in a shitty position.

Has anyone found anything about Deli, Bakery, or Produce? Might be worded as Food Production Areas? We usually get forgotten and left alone, which is both good and bad, but I'd like a little warning if they're, for example, mashing us all into one team and forcing us to work in all of the specialized food areas. Loss of TLs or ETL would also be something good to know about...

I think my opinion ( of my store ) really doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, no matter what changes are in store.
It’s pretty bad and only going to get worse.

So...idk..maybe I’m just completely jaded at this point.

For anyone who honestly believes you will have more people on the sales floor you are going to be disappointed, very disappointed.The store I was at has been doing this since before Christmas. Its not pretty. Productivity is the focus. You will run your behind off, you will sweat and you will be stressed, very stressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back