Archived Spill the beans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely, to all the leaders out there, let your teams know they aren’t getting fired because of there being ‘no more presentation team’ or ‘no more backroom’ etc. The areas that aren’t on the ownership thing yet are having those talks at my store too, and I’m impressed by how much of the team is excited about it. Having the team’s buy-in is key.
The areas that aren’t on the ownership is where my inbound team is gonna flow , as for the backroom former backroom I’ve ensured them that they will be getting their hours either by sfs , opu or even inbound when other inbound team members are off.

The areas that aren’t on the ownership is where my inbound team is gonna flow , as for the backroom former backroom I’ve ensured them that they will be getting their hours either by sfs , opu or even inbound when other inbound team members are off.
As for presentation team they were given the first opportunity to pick their own department

This, yes. I meant from a process standpoint. Things will be done one way and one way only regardless of volume or other factors. More team leads with smaller teams. Since I’ve been running on the modernized process, I only have 8 TMs for my chunk of the sales floor. Compared to the 20+ that technically still report to me for the multiple departments I have. They either work in areas where logistics is transitioning into ‘general merchant sales floor’, or they’re my closers.

Leadership should have already at least devised an idea of how the sales floor will be split up. Hypothetical (lol) example; pharmacy/chemicals - 1 TL, domestics - 1 TL, pets/paper/plastics - 1 TL, toys/baby

hardlines - 1 TL, seasonal/furniture/luggage - 1 TL, electronics/beauty - 1 TL, food - 1 TL, apparel - 1 or 2 TL, 2 GSTL, 1 cafe/sbux TL
I remember you referencing you are a AA volume store. What's your TL headcount?

This, yes. I meant from a process standpoint. Things will be done one way and one way only regardless of volume or other factors. More team leads with smaller teams. Since I’ve been running on the modernized process, I only have 8 TMs for my chunk of the sales floor. Compared to the 20+ that technically still report to me for the multiple departments I have. They either work in areas where logistics is transitioning into ‘general merchant sales floor’, or they’re my closers.

Leadership should have already at least devised an idea of how the sales floor will be split up. Hypothetical (lol) example; pharmacy/chemicals - 1 TL, domestics - 1 TL, pets/paper/plastics - 1 TL, toys/baby hardlines - 1 TL, seasonal/furniture/luggage - 1 TL, electronics/beauty - 1 TL, food - 1 TL, apparel - 1 or 2 TL, 2 GSTL, 1 cafe/sbux TL
That’s hilarious. I doubt my superT will have that many tls in Hardlines. 4 tops.

Remember though, the presentation, backroom, inbound, and any other logistics TLs you have move into those salesfloor roles
We don’t have any left. Our backroom became sfs. Our sfs goes to closing tl. Our pog tl transferred and not replaced. Our flow tl stays inbound and takes priority 1. We only have 2 other Hardlines tls. So unless we get to promote someone, we will have 3. 1 be in green, 1 in blue and 1 in red.

Last edited:
We don’t have any left. Our backroom became sfs. Our sfs goes to closing tl. Our pog tl transferred and not replaced. Our flow tl stays inbound and takes priority 1. We only have 2 other Hardlines tls. So unless we get to promote someone, we will have 3. 1 be in green, 1 in blue and 1 in red.
Likely gaining then because most org charts account for having a pog TL changing workcenters. They should have replaced him/her even if it was as a hardlines TL to stay at current head count

My sf etl and stl are planning to hire someone for an additional sltl. We are only allowed 1 currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back