Starbucks Drive Up launch

I sear
So how exactly does disabling specific SBUX drinks work?
You go in under MyDay to Starbucks audit; from there you go thru the list & mark off items/ingredients that aren't available & they're SUPPOSED to be removed because there's *no* substitutions option for Drive Up. When you back out, you'll see how many items are unavailable.
We've removed items we never got, items we can't even order, items we've been out of for weeks yet somehow someone managed to order something.
Also had multiple orders in which we didn't receive notification including a few double-taps.
I swear those people are gonna get decaf :mad:

We’ve had multiple no warning Starbucks drive up orders already, which we thought wouldn’t be allowed. We’ve also had people order with no time/ location services on, so not knowing when to make the drinks is frustrating. Starting this for the holidays will probably be the death of me. One lady already complained about her drink and I had 15 other DUs in the parking lot with 13 on the way (with me being the only one), so I told her she had to go down to Starbucks and talk to them.
If the guest has Location Services on, they can't do a no-warning for SBUX. If they DON'T have Location Services on, then they can do a no-warning. I've said this SO many times already, but PLEASE corporate, PLEASE. ONE thing that will fix so many problems with Drive-Up is forced Location Services. Let me re-quote what I said back in October on the subject
For my store, which is a very UHV SuperTarget, the majority of our orders are Grocery orders, containing perishables and temperature safe items. When someone doesn't have Location Services on, we don't know their ETA, and when it has Cold items, we don't prep them. And when as I said, the vast majority of orders contain Cooler/Freezer items, we get really behind easily that way.
Literally, every other retail store/restaurant that offers some form of Order Pickup has forced Location Services, but not us. TRUST ME, this would fix so many problems.

Funny thing, I was talking to my mom about this a few days ago. She told me that she doesn't like the idea of Starbucks Drive-Up nor Drive-Up returns. Same with her friends at her job. They all dislike the idea too. She told me she heard people on the radio discussing it, they didn't like the idea either. That radio station took callers on the subject, and those callers didn't like the idea as well. And I'm sure it's very well known that practically every store TM hates the idea of it and actually doing it too.
There seems to be one common factor. Everybody dislikes the idea of Starbucks DU and DU returns, besides Corporate (and Karens.) I hope they realize it before it's too late, but I'm afraid it is...

Milk is the normal industry loss leader. Might be why dairy is at the back in most stores even 711s
Gas is the biggest one I can think of. Gas stations sell gas to get you to enter the store, not because selling gas is profitable.

How long can a drive up Starbucks order sit out before it technically has to be remade? We’ve had too many guests with no location time take forever to come and our baristas have made orders that were like 40 minutes away on the app immediately after the on their way.

We haven’t remade any due to that, but we’ve have guests send a few drinks back…

If the guest has Location Services on, they can't do a no-warning for SBUX. If they DON'T have Location Services on, then they can do a no-warning. I've said this SO many times already, but PLEASE corporate, PLEASE. ONE thing that will fix so many problems with Drive-Up is forced Location Services. Let me re-quote what I said back in October on the subject

Literally, every other retail store/restaurant that offers some form of Order Pickup has forced Location Services, but not us. TRUST ME, this would fix so many problems.

Funny thing, I was talking to my mom about this a few days ago. She told me that she doesn't like the idea of Starbucks Drive-Up nor Drive-Up returns. Same with her friends at her job. They all dislike the idea too. She told me she heard people on the radio discussing it, they didn't like the idea either. That radio station took callers on the subject, and those callers didn't like the idea as well. And I'm sure it's very well known that practically every store TM hates the idea of it and actually doing it too.
There seems to be one common factor. Everybody dislikes the idea of Starbucks DU and DU returns, besides Corporate (and Karens.) I hope they realize it before it's too late, but I'm afraid it is...

This plus a buffer between “on the way” and “arrived” is all that’s needed. I’m baffled about how HQ penalizes stores without holding themselves accountable for failing to fix issues they know about.

There are starting this in my store soon.

How is this going at your stores?

It just dawned on me that this is extra the Drive Up team too.

We've gotten used to it but it's still a PITA when it comes in during morning rush.
Hate like hell having to stop & fix a single drink or gather a bag of cakepops & cookies while I've got a line past the door.
Guess it's better than having Karen & her rugrats in the store.

Back