Still on mandatory OT with 40k plans

Corporate taking over hiring is strangling us.
I've heard that OM's aren't making the decisions when it comes to who gets certain positions. Is this true? The OM's don't have a say in the hiring/position filling process?

100% true. I wish I could pick who I get. But I see names on an email and that's how I find out.

100% true. I wish I could pick who I get. But I see names on an email and that's how I find out.

Because before as we all know they (local HR's) were shoveling all the dudes to outbound (especially ones that fit the profile AKA young, hispanic etc) and the women to packing.

This wont do in 2021 America, all it takes is one female to file a EEOC lawsuit that target shoved her into packing which pays lower, because of her gender.

Too be fair, the local HR's were corrupt as hell usually.

So now we get 50 year old overweight housewives hired into outbound. On sight, you know they wont last a week.

Kind of a microcosm of how inefficient America in general is.

It's not necessarily here not there, it just is what it is.

Because before as we all know they (local HR's) were shoveling all the dudes to outbound (especially ones that fit the profile AKA young, hispanic etc) and the women to packing.

This wont do in 2021 America, all it takes is one female to file a EEOC lawsuit that target shoved her into packing which pays lower, because of her gender.

Too be fair, the local HR's were corrupt as hell usually.

So now we get 50 year old overweight housewives hired into outbound. On sight, you know they wont last a week.

Kind of a microcosm of how inefficient America in general is.

It's not necessarily here not there, it just is what it is.
You are spot on

Well It finally happened. We have regular shifts next week. Except for the UAs. Voluntarily all still approved (as it should be).
We will see how long this lasts. They told us their goal was to hire enough they wouldn't have to call mandatory anymore the rest of the year. Its possible. If we don't lose half the orange vests as soon as they hit 90 😁

Finally caught a break today. 2nd truck didn't come because they had no driver. Already scheduled for double tomorrow. Please don't let us have a double on Saturday 😡

Well It finally happened. We have regular shifts next week. Except for the UAs. Voluntarily all still approved (as it should be).
We will see how long this lasts. They told us their goal was to hire enough they wouldn't have to call mandatory anymore the rest of the year. Its possible. If we don't lose half the orange vests as soon as they hit 90 😁
Word is going around that the only reason they didn't call mandatory was because we don't have enough order pickers for all the new warehouse TMs 🤦‍♂
As soon as we get in new ones its straight back to mandatory most likely.

Yeah, we have had a few days where we just had newbies consolidating for the FPP TMs because we don't have enough RRs or people trained on RRs. Makes for an easy day pulling full pallet at least.

Yeah, we have had a few days where we just had newbies consolidating for the FPP TMs because we don't have enough RRs or people trained on RRs. Makes for an easy day pulling full pallet at least.
We come in, have nothing to do for the first hour or two because the previous shift worked all backlogs to zero, have barely enough to even pretend to be keeping busy all day, and then end up working the backlog to zero trying to hit our plans thus screwing over the next shift to continue to cycle.

Some of the new hires that are actually good workers are starting to complain about being bored. Even the option of sweeping becomes unappealing when you realise the same spot has been swept the last 3 days in a row.

We are going to end up losing the good workers who desire real work because there is so little to do meanwhile the crap workers who have no problems hiding in the bathroom on their phones are in paradise and will stay.

So eventually when shit really hits the fan we are screwed.

And we keep hiring more people. Multiple new hire orientation groups coming through every day 20+ people each group.

Yeah, I just worry about us overstaffing now. Management says they want to hire enough to not schedule up the rest of the year, but then what happens in the spring? NWA everyday? Then people will just look elsewhere for work, especially the ones that like some OT.

We come in, have nothing to do for the first hour or two because the previous shift worked all backlogs to zero, have barely enough to even pretend to be keeping busy all day, and then end up working the backlog to zero trying to hit our plans thus screwing over the next shift to continue to cycle.

Some of the new hires that are actually good workers are starting to complain about being bored. Even the option of sweeping becomes unappealing when you realise the same spot has been swept the last 3 days in a row.

We are going to end up losing the good workers who desire real work because there is so little to do meanwhile the crap workers who have no problems hiding in the bathroom on their phones are in paradise and will stay.

So eventually when shit really hits the fan we are screwed.

And we keep hiring more people. Multiple new hire orientation groups coming through every day 20+ people each group.
Paying people to sweep, and stand around makes great business sense. But why not continue hiring, paying sign on bonuses, when a better solution would be to require those hired into full time jobs actually either work full time or use benefit hours to take time off. Right now, it seems like target is hiring 2-3 people to fill 1 full time 40 hr work week position. These decisions directly impact all of us, especially 401ks.

Paying people to sweep, and stand around makes great business sense. But why not continue hiring, paying sign on bonuses, when a better solution would be to require those hired into full time jobs actually either work full time or use benefit hours to take time off. Right now, it seems like target is hiring 2-3 people to fill 1 full time 40 hr work week position. These decisions directly impact all of us, especially 401ks.
Agreed. It seems as if 50% of the team, new hire or 25 year vet, works a full week plus OT. I laugh at one girl who always complains when they call ot. It’s like, you are going to use Fmla for it as well as at least one regular shift so stop complaining. The one perk of wearing a mask.

Back