Archived Store is creating a new GSA position and wants me to fill it

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoTasking

Home TL
Hey all, I was hired on seasonally as a cashier (with lots of service desk shifts too) in October and my 90 days is coming to an end. My ETL-HR reached out to me yesterday about staying on as a regular and I agreed—what surprised me though is that they are asking if I want to move up to GSA (which would create a new position because neither GSA is leaving). I’ve done one full “emergency shift” as GSTL-GSA which went well and I cover breaks fairly regularly. Are interviews just a formality at this point? Does anyone have any words of wisdom? Pros/cons?

If you want to be over worked and underpaid, Full responsibility and no actual authority, I’d say go for it. If you want to hear “ when can I have my break?can I go to the restroom and can you help me?”At least 50 times a day from team members who just started their shift then welcome. Also if you want to be constantly calling for help up at the registers and have no one respond then have at it.

Sending team members for a 15 and 25 minutes later they aren’t back.

Being called over and over for simple little things like a 15c price change.

If you can handle responsibility and love being with the guests and love working in a team then it can be absolutely awesome. I love seeing how well the team works so well under pressure and being surprised at how team members grow and change with responsibility. A great closing team is amazing. You can have a team that works so well. I love that.

Also think of the other GSA’s as a team that you want to strengthen. Front end team members need to see you as one United team. Do not enter into gossip or drama.

Whatever you choose, good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
The raise sucks its only fifty cents for a lot of work. However if you hope to move up in the company it's not an awful spot.

I've worked in five different stores over my target career and a good GSA is usually first in line to promote since their position requires leadership.

If you have no intentions of moving up I would decline it. My store went from 3 GSAs to 6 just so our gstls could drop a closing night. I hope that's not why they intend to promote you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back