Stupid things Target could do in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new policies and cuts looks pretty bad this year:
-All registers will now be self-checkout.
-Target Cafe and Starbucks will be replaced with instant coffee and vending machines.
-ETLs/TLs are being cut. Instead a Roomba with a monitor will teleconference with Team Members to give orders from "Overseers" from Target India.
- All stores will switch to a 12 PM flow process
-Flats and tubes are to be replaced with various pack animals
-TSC, offices, and breakrooms are eliminated and replaced with more merchandise space
-Walkies replaced with cans on string
-PDAs, LPDAs, and myDevices are to be replaced with a $19 mandatory smartphone app
-Safety blades replaced with plastic cutlery
-Gondolas will increase in height to reach to the ceiling and library ladders will be installed
-Aisle valleys shrunk down to 1.5 ft.
-Carts and baskets eliminated
-All team members will wear tracking device on ankle while in on the clock
-Pharmacy replaced with Pre-Med student in a booth with Pharmacy textbook
is it sad that up till the fifth one I actually believed this was somewhat legit?

Don't feel bad I was the same way.

I've heard the ETL-HR's will now be responsible for covering two stores and will have minimal LOD duties. Not sure if that's already being implemented though.

Someone tried to argue this with me not to long ago... it's not possible I would say in most districts... their work load is pretty big in 1 store as it is. I know in our district our HR ETL is also the AP ETL for ULV stores so with that workload I don't see how that's possible personally.

I've heard the ETL-HR's will now be responsible for covering two stores and will have minimal LOD duties. Not sure if that's already being implemented though.

Same rumor was floating around for STLs last year..at least ULV.

If anything, I would think the multiple stores would happen to AP before HR.

I wasnt understanding it all, but they would use seperate devices than mydevices

I would hope so, maybe something more rugged. The last thing we need is for the MyDevices to fall 20 feet and shatter on the cement floor of the backroom.
Yeah. (Excuse the misinterpretation ) but understood it as a wand you wave at each aisle, it tells you what to pull, and such. It seemed confusing as a concept
Some of the STLs I've talked to after there yearly concert said there was basically a scanner you wore on your finger and you could go to an aisle and when you pulled you could tell it the amount.
Probably something similar to what RGIS uses during inventory

for the wand down the aisle thing to work inventory management would have to improve. meaning accuracy over speed. which is in direct opposition to how most stores, okay the one I am in, operates. speed is life. get it done.

as long as we can make the reports looks good then it is good no matter what it may really be like.

for the wand down the aisle thing to work inventory management would have to improve. meaning accuracy over speed. which is in direct opposition to how most stores, okay the one I am in, operates. speed is life. get it done.

as long as we can make the reports looks good then it is good no matter what it may really be like.
Our inventory system is needlessly complicated and slow. It only updates once per day instead of constantly through the day, and little things like a mistake using defective labels can screw it up. The only accurate counts are in the backroom because guests aren't allowed back there to screw it up.

Additionally, we have so...damn...many...double scans. Seasonal cashiers who don't give a fuck at my store literally charged a guy for FOUR $20 items. He had ONE. So he was refunded roughly $60. I'm sure most of them are trained to only care about getting those redcards and not about accuracy, speed, or how to properly use the register. Based on the amount of double scans we have some might not even know how to void items off an order.

Our inventory system is needlessly complicated and slow. It only updates once per day instead of constantly through the day, and little things like a mistake using defective labels can screw it up. The only accurate counts are in the backroom because guests aren't allowed back there to screw it up.

Additionally, we have so...damn...many...double scans. Seasonal cashiers who don't give a fuck at my store literally charged a guy for FOUR $20 items. He had ONE. So he was refunded roughly $60. I'm sure most of them are trained to only care about getting those redcards and not about accuracy, speed, or how to properly use the register. Based on the amount of double scans we have some might not even know how to void items off an order.
The counts in the back aren't accurate either. It'd be nice if they were.

i know it is wishful thinking, but I hope they add a TL back to ULV stores. either back room or sales floor. there is so much to do in each of these work centers that there needs to be more than one TL overseeing it.

Honestly, I think we will see less specialty positions and teams (price change, in stocks) and more team members that do multiple jobs in the course of a day.

Ive heard of equipment changes, the backroom equipment getting a huge change. Something regarding waving a wand down a aisle

Does this involve preceding the DPCI with "accio!"?

But seriously, the logistics apps are likely to be overhauled (bye-bye, RF Apps) and migrated to the MyDevices so the PDAs can be phased out.

Nope. PDA's are staying for the backroom. Only LPDA's are being phased out. It's because mydevices don't have removable batteries, so they'd be dead for the day team if flow used them all night.

Ive heard of equipment changes, the backroom equipment getting a huge change. Something regarding waving a wand down a aisle

But seriously, the logistics apps are likely to be overhauled (bye-bye, RF Apps) and migrated to the MyDevices so the PDAs can be phased out.

Nope. PDA's are staying for the backroom. Only LPDA's are being phased out. It's because mydevices don't have removable batteries, so they'd be dead for the day team if flow used them all night.

Or you have to have two sets, one overnight only and dayside only.

Or you have to have two sets, one overnight only and dayside only.

lol yeah that'd work perfectly fine.

hahahahaha

^^I know. We don't have batteries for the PDAs that last over two hours.

I wasnt understanding it all, but they would use seperate devices than mydevices

I would hope so, maybe something more rugged. The last thing we need is for the MyDevices to fall 20 feet and shatter on the cement floor of the backroom.
Yeah. (Excuse the misinterpretation ) but understood it as a wand you wave at each aisle, it tells you what to pull, and such. It seemed confusing as a concept
Some of the STLs I've talked to after there yearly concert said there was basically a scanner you wore on your finger and you could go to an aisle and when you pulled you could tell it the amount.
Wal-Mart has these up here. The pdas have an input to plug then into though. So maybe new backroom pdas and finger scanners?

Home depot got android devices with nice lifeproof style cases similar to Lowe's(although they got iPod like we did). They work so freaking much better than the mydevice. And they have the in store phone lines on them....

i mean, i guess i get store to home... buy online or do subscriptions i would think... i just think that it would be a hassle... brb let me call a store in arizona and get it shipped to new york.

I'm not a member of the fullfillment team so i may be off, but we only ship within a certain area. Basically, if its cheaper to ship from the DC, we ship it from there, but if its cheaper for Target to ship from a store, we ship it from there. Im sure there is more to it, but thats how I understand it

Our store was selected and it's been doing great. When they look for softlines items, they find me and I bring them right to it. It adds more hours and the guests receive their items sooner. Plus it adds to our sales, so overall, hours are added for all.

But the photo on the pdas are bad. I use the target app and bring it up on my phone and know exactly what it is. I taught them to do it as well, and it makes their job easier.

Same rumor was floating around for STLs last year..at least ULV.

If anything, I would think the multiple stores would happen to AP before HR.
I've heard HR/GE combining. Freeing up the SF/GE to focus solely on the floor.

And if a TM is standing in the aisle, they will be transported to a place where all work has been completed and they sit around having a party. I think it's a marshmallow world.
I always wondered where that one door led...

Someone tried to argue this with me not to long ago... it's not possible I would say in most districts... their work load is pretty big in 1 store as it is. I know in our district our HR ETL is also the AP ETL for ULV stores so with that workload I don't see how that's possible personally.

My hr recently covered my ulv and a higher volume store for a couple of months during a medical leave. She managed to do it, though the hr tm in my location had to work 40 hours during that stretch. She usually works 25. It's doable, she was even handling seasonal hiring during that time. I'd welcome anything that gets my hr out of my store a few days a week!

I'm sure they will figure out a way to cut AP more....

Unfortunately AP is always the first to get cut. Same story in almost all retailers. Then shrink and safety get off the rails and they add it back. Very short sighted thinking, but it happens over and over..

I've heard HR/GE combining. Freeing up the SF/GE to focus solely on the floor.

I swear to god if that happens they need to give our ETL-HR the boot.

For some reason, I doubt my store is getting AP cut any time soon. We just hired on a SECOND plain-clothes person. Apparently theft is that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back