Subt99

I’ve yet to find one out but there is a [Skip] button that is rather handy. Not right per se but in a pinch it’ll do.

I love that when you tie or untie a pog it adjusts SFQ now using actual math logic. Same with adjusting capacity.

I have not worked at Target since the new systems went into place but I am intimately familiar with the underlying logic (Do not cite the old logic to me, Witch! I was there when it was written.) Assuming the underlying system still works using the same logic then would this not work?

- Untie endcap/secondary location.
- Go stock those items to all alternate locations, for each item you stock, set the on the floor count to the new count or to the capacity if you filled it.
- Backstock the rest.

I do not believe the logic assumes you are filling alternate locations second and triggers a fill for all ancillary locations - which is why subt99 was a thing, because there was no way to tell the system you filled the home and other locations and people were forever using exception fills blowing up the logic.

Some extra fun knowledge which may or may not be relevant these days but it's a good look into the underlying logic:

The "accumulator" value was the result of a logic process that takes into account a few things (vastly oversimplifying this but it's the basics):

Total Capacity of All Locations
Fill trigger (this was a percentage of capacity - I believe they refined this though at some point)
Units moved at POS.

Example:

You have an endcap with Gold Glam Elsa (tm) with a capacity of 10. This doll is also stocked in the home, with a capacity of 10. For illustrative purposes let's say both locations were set/filled to capacity at the same time and the fill trigger is 50%.

Total capacity: 20
Accumulator value: 0

On Monday you sell 7 dolls. The accumulator value for this dpci is now 7. Your fill trigger is 50% of the total capacity, which is 10. The item is not pushed to fulfillment.
On Tuesday you sell 3 more dolls. The accumulator value for this dpci is now 10. Because you have met your trigger, it pushes this item to fulfillment.
You pull 7 dolls from the backroom before there are no locations remaining. The system does not know where you stocked these items, but assumes you follow a strategic order (Endcaps, ancillary, home).
The accumulator is now 3 (10-7).
Lets say someone pushes only the home and only 1 fits, and they don't stock any secondary locations. So now you have 6 in the backroom, and 11 on the floor.
People continue to buy doll.
Fill does not trigger because the system thinks you haven't met your trigger yet.
Some aspiring young ETL with a Starbucks cup and a clipboard walks by the now empty endcap and says "holy shit, this endcap is empty as fuck, we had better go fill it" and then instructs someone to exception fill it.
System is not aware of this.
System breaks down because people do not follow the system and stock correctly.
-----
Enter neverending loop of failure:
End results are one of two scenarios - system thinks floor is empty because people continue to bypass logic, so when you backstock these items it immediately triggers for all accumulated value, leading to someone doing something like subt99.
This eventually leads to locations becoming empty while stock is in the back (because people are doing things like subt99).
People locu or subt items to fill empty locations, starting the loop anew.
-----

I don't believe there is an accumulator value anymore, nor a fill threshold. OOS and OFO are both based purely on salesfloor quantity and capacity, so matching those two values should ensure that nothing immediately comes back out after backstocking.

I don't believe there is an accumulator value anymore, nor a fill threshold. OOS and OFO are both based purely on salesfloor quantity and capacity, so matching those two values should ensure that nothing immediately comes back out after backstocking.
Which is actually an infinitely more refined and foolproof method!

Well I deal with books and movies and I had a book constantly drop into one for ones, salesfloor quantity was correct but the on hand was not and I couldn't update the count as it had been pulled that day. I pulled and backstocked the item about 10 times before it finally stopped dropping in.

Back