Sweeping loose cardboard

Nope. And your pml should have had an emergency order for it
Best practice is to use Gaylord Boxes to sweep loose cardboard to DC. Ours broke as well. PML put in an emergency work order but we are still waiting.🙄

Best practice is to use Gaylord Boxes to sweep loose cardboard to DC. Ours broke as well. PML put in an emergency work order but we are still waiting.🙄
You mean best practice in worse case scenario??? Because there is no best practice on sweeping cardboard back besides as a bale . But ok . You guys only have one baler?

You mean best practice in worse case scenario??? Because there is no best practice on sweeping cardboard back besides as a bale . But ok . You guys only have one baler?
Yup! Only 1 baler. Worst case scenario use Gaylord boxes on a pallet to sweep back to DC. PML was the one to look up and print out Best Practice in the event the baler is not working.

Geeeeze....just call the damned manufacturer to send a service guy and get it fixed. No need to turn it into a DeMille epic.

Sweep it back. Its not a big deal. IB will literally take it to our oversized baler and dump it in. Or someone from E&F will take care of it.

Unless its my building. Then we don't want it. We have to many sweeps trailers as it is.

I saw an inbound team member throwing loose cardboard onto the conveyor belt at the breakpack packing line. Maybe this was loose sweeps cardboard?

He did it slightly differently than what I would have done. He dumped the loose cardboard on the floor in front of the conveyor with a clamp forklift and then proceeded to manually pick it up and throw it onto the conveyor leading to the baler.

I would have just dropped the whole load by opening the clamp above the conveyor belt leading to the baler as my back has safety requirements and doing it the manual way leads to my Stop Work Authority kicking in and that's not going to get us anywhere.

I saw an inbound team member throwing loose cardboard onto the conveyor belt at the breakpack packing line. Maybe this was loose sweep

More than likely they broke a bale in sweeps when taking it off of the pallet, stores sending loose cardboard is pretty rare and it’s usually quite a bit of cardboard.
Using a clamp to dump cardboard on the baler line sounds like something management would use to “make an example” of someone.

More than likely they broke a bale in sweeps when taking it off of the pallet, stores sending loose cardboard is pretty rare and it’s usually quite a bit of cardboard.
Using a clamp to dump cardboard on the baler line sounds like something management would use to “make an example” of someone.
Ya, I think using the clamp to dump it on the line is a good way to get walked out.

Ya, I think using the clamp to dump it on the line is a good way to get walked out.

Agreed, I'm surprised it didn't jam up doing that as well. Ours seems to jam up if you throw to much on the line at once and then you have to break out that 20 jam pole to try and clear the jam.

I believe it means just that, a store with multiple levels/storeys/floors.
I assumed they were referring to "A" level in volume store. I know all the doors in outbound have letters D, B, C, A, and AA that refer to the volume the store puts out. D being lowest and AA being highest.

But, I guess maybe they weren't?

While we’re on the topic, what about hangers in sterilite boxes? My store ran out of gaylords and we’ve been doing it for maybe 2 weeks now.
Do what you need to do, I don’t see why that’d matter to anyone at the DC.
Are the gaylords supposed to be a permanent thing? I thought it was just until we get bins from the new company but it’s been a couple of months and haven’t seen or heard anything.

Back