Sweeps?

Halbree

Out of curiosity, what could cause a DC to only receive part of a sweep? Like we send 1200 eaches and they receive 1000. Also I'd like to know How many sweeps can we send per trailer?

Number of transfers used to be 1, but now as long as they’re all on the BOL I don’t think there’s a limit.

There are a lot of reasons it could be off. If it’s off because they received zero of some items I’d think a pallet didn’t make it onto the truck like it was supposed to. A little bit off on a lot of things I’d think something casepack. If it’s food, maybe it was too close or beyond the “best by” date and they couldn’t receive it. Maybe the person who unloaded it just isn’t good at their job, put a pallet to the side and forgot about it or sent it salvage.
To be off by 200 could be anywhere from 10 boxes to 200, so it’s really hard to say. With the new BOLs we really don’t even know if it’s off because the number on the BOL is in eaches but on our end everything is cartons. We used to be able to look up everything tied to a transfer but I don’t think there’s a way to do that on our end since it changed last year.

Back