Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep going back to the question of why are we letting the companies off the hook for this fucking behavior?
This is not g-ddamn acceptable.

Shutting down stores to stop organizing?
Laying off people who are asking for a living wage when their CEOs are making thousands of dollars an hour?
Fucking with people whose only crime was to vote for a union?

This is medieval shit.
The kind of behavior that you see from a slave owner, not a company that insists it is an upstanding member of the community.
Fuck these people.
We need to put the blame where it belongs.

I keep going back to the question of why are we letting the companies off the hook for this fucking behavior?

Laying off people who are asking for a living wage when their CEOs are making thousands of dollars an hour?

This is medieval shit.
The kind of behavior that you see from a slave owner, not a company that insists it is an upstanding member of the community.
Fuck these people.

Cool. This guy isn't going to lead this change though.

We have coworkers who have been working for Target for a decade, who lost full time status, who lost their health insurance, despite having severe medical conditions, and who struggle to afford food, rent, and other bills. How is that not a legitimate issue? If we are a team and a family and we are suppose to look out for fellow team members why would we not advocate on their behalf so they can live a decent life while busting their butts for Target? All you have to do is look around to see that the costs of living have increased over the last several decades and wages havent stayed consistent with those increases, not even with inflation.

That’s just retail... it’s not an exact science and it changes everyday. If there are team members who can’t make ends meat and need full time status they need to go somewhere where they can get that. Losing full time status was just a reduction in force and it’s completely legal. Businesses are empowered and have the right to do what it takes (within reason) to make their business successful. You are right up there with the “$15 an hour for working at McDonald’s” people lol I just don’t understand why you’re feeling so entitled? With the direction that spot is going and that pilot that is going live to everyone in January, it will ensure you have no job if you can’t be a team player. In two years our minimum is going up to $15 and they will not pay someone $15 who doesn’t have the company’s back. What’s going to happen is you’ll be performanced out if your store stays open.

My advice to you would be to try and fly as low under the radar as possible and just do your job and get your check or leave. If you’re causing this big of an issue that several of your coworkers are all chiming in on this post about how you’re making them feel then I’m pretty sure your ETL HR has heard about this and is pissed you’re ruining morale. At this point they’re probably watching you like a hawk waiting for you to slip.

In some areas Target or jobs like it are the only jobs available, especially for people who are trapped at certain skill levels.

This whole, 'if you don't like it, go find another job' thing is part of the problem.
No employer should abuse their employees, period.
If those employees decide to organize because they are being abused, then the employer needs to roll up their sleeves and negotiate.
Either make things better to the point where people don't need the union or start talking to the union.
Don't shut down stores or fuck with the livelihoods of the people who organized.
These corporations are not faceless monoliths, they are run by people, people who are getting rich off the backs of their workers, and those people need to be held accountable for their actions.

In some areas Target or jobs like it are the only jobs available, especially for people who are trapped at certain skill levels.

This whole, 'if you don't like it, go find another job' thing is part of the problem.
If those employees decide to organize because they are being abused, then the employer needs to roll up their sleeves and negotiate.
Either make things better to the point where people don't need the union or start talking to the union.
Don't shut down stores or fuck with the livelihoods of the people who organized.
These corporations are not faceless monoliths, they are run by people, people who are getting rich off the backs of their workers, and those people need to be held accountable for their actions.

No! No employer should abuse their employees. However, that issue has been resolved. The things that the OP has charged against the rest of management have been manipulated. Please tell me the times you have been yelled by anyone in management. Team members have yelled, yes but management no.

No! No employer should abuse their employees. However, that issue has been resolved. The things that the OP has charged against the rest of management have been manipulated. Please tell me the times you have been yelled by anyone in management. Team members have yelled, yes but management no.

I worked in restaurants for twenty years.
It is impossible to count how many times I have been yelled at, cursed at, and insulted by chefs.
But just as I am sure that isn't what you meant, that isn't what I meant.

Read my post.
I'm not talking about yelling, I'm talking about the hundreds of other form of worker abuse that get piled on from cutting hours (sometimes just before the TM walks in the door) to cutting raises because they have to raise the minimum wage.
I could list a lot more but I have to go to my union job.

I worked in restaurants for twenty years.
It is impossible to count how many times I have been yelled at, cursed at, and insulted by chefs.
But just as I am sure that isn't what you meant, that isn't what I meant.

Read my post.
I'm not talking about yelling, I'm talking about the hundreds of other form of worker abuse that get piled on from cutting hours (sometimes just before the TM walks in the door) to cutting raises because they have to raise the minimum wage.
I could list a lot more but I have to go to my union job.

Then, there are places like Costco, that don't have unions in all stores, yet they still manage to have fair, if not generous, standards.

Regardless of the union debate, even if you're for a Union, why on earth would you blindly allow someone twist reality to forward that agenda? If just a few people are willing to be so corrupt, how do you see this working later down the line when they become a legitimate corporation? Hell, if this guy was trying to start another Planned Parenthood type service (something I support) I'd still be supercritical of his methods, if he were consistently so questionable.

Last edited:

This is medieval shit.
Fuck these people.
I am not disagreeing with you or him. I am simply pointing out the harsh consequences. Spot, Walmart and any other big box chain that isnt unionized doesnt want it and WILL off their nose because they feel it will eat their bottom line and cripple the company. Thats what they really believe.

I applaud getting rid of an evil management person. However, here if the hotline isn't effective to you. Then the only real solution is promotion to guest. There is no other way...unless you win powerball.

Labor board tries to help. However, the corporations know how to get around the rules and they have a team of lawyers who know the law. What NRV needs to do is take his monetary settlement and go elsewhere or run his own business.

I agree. However, this isn't the 1980s. This is now. There is nowhere in the country (save alaska and maybe Montana) where you can't get another job. The problem is people don't want to do jobs they feel are beneath them. While I get that, unfortunately you are capitalist or you are Vensueala

Lets not forget that in New England and cali the price of everything is simply way too fucking much. I would love to see a federal law that caps apartment rents at $1000. You would see melt downs galore in NYC and LA. Why? Greed.

The highest rent in houston for a 1 bedroom is $3000. Its in a brand new 50 story tall building thats not in the CBD. Its a gorgeous area.

retail and restuarnts of a symptom of the problem. If the rest of the people providing essentials stopped fucking people. $10 would be a living wage.

Then, there are places like Costco, that don't have unions in all stores, yet they still manage to have fair, if not generous, standards.

Regardless of the union debate, even if you're for a Union, why on earth would you blindly allow someone twist reality to forward that agenda? If just a few people are willing to be so corrupt, how do you see this working later down the line when they become a legitimate corporation? Hell, if this guy was trying to start another Planned Parenthood type service (something I support) I'd still be supercritical of his methods, if he were consistently so questionable.
Costco is subscription and that is $50 a month.
Thats way too much for a 300,000 sq ft warehouse version of ross

still too much.

Matter of opinion.
It's about the only place I shop.
When you don't drive, it works out best to make all your purchases in one shot.
For me, I buy everything I need at Costco for a couple of months.
That way I don't have to bug my kiddos for ride for shopping etc.

Matter of opinion.
It's about the only place I shop.
When you don't drive, it works out best to make all your purchases in one shot.
For me, I buy everything I need at Costco for a couple of months.
That way I don't have to bug my kiddos for ride for shopping etc.

It's not even a matter of opinion, the savings from Costco for major products is superior in price, and quality in my opinion, compared to even Sam's/Walmart. After two trips I easily make up the cost of membership. Hell, the savings from buying tires/glasses/pizza there puts them leagues ahead of other competitors. The only reason why I still shop at Freddy's is because I buy my produce in small batches.

And btw, Costco is the EXCEPTION in the retail world as far as wages/benefits. The current board and CEO are very aware that paying and treating their employees like humans has major benefits, but there is constant pressure to reduce wages and benefits to maximize profits. I can only pray that the next CEO chosen will tell the shareholders to screw off, the company has been consistent in dividends and growth in this manner but Americans seem so hellbent in maximizing profit and nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back