MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

It's been a couple weeks since I asked. Has anyone had a chance to use the updated mydevices with the new iPods yet? And if so, aren't you happy with how much faster they are?!

Hey @mobileFellow, do you work with the portable printers at all? Or just the MyDevices?

It's been a couple weeks since I asked. Has anyone had a chance to use the updated mydevices with the new iPods yet? And if so, aren't you happy with how much faster they are?!

I haven't used a MyDevice recently because I've been working in the backroom, but I'll have to ask around at my store.

@mobileFellow I've been fiddling with the myDevices for the last 6 months and my current theory for the frequent disconnects is that the connection between the iPod and the sled is dirty. It's the part that looks like an iPod/iPhone charger (lightning cable, I think that's the name of the actual chargers). Any thoughts on how to clean them? And do you think it's reasonable that this is the cause to the disconnects?
I noticed that too. They are starting to rust or turn a different color on ours.

Oh, you don't have to ask. I've been using them and it's night and day how much faster they are. I was just wondering if anyone else was as lucky to use them.
I sent 4 in to be replaced. I'm hoping they replace them with new generations.

How has the firmware process worked for you? Better battery experience since?
I mean my iPod would last a shift for me. I turn my screen brightness almost all the way down, but on days when I do a lot of scanning which drains the battery faster the charging boost does make it last longer.

I have to mention having the personal charging cable for my devices does resolve most issues.i hide it in the electronics boat, when I hear of issues. I trade the my devices off to complete tasks. I am suddenly everyone friends, I don't mind as long you keep a my device by for me:)

Which cable do you have? Is it the Honeywell one or has someone found a "generic" one? Our store is horrible for charging mydevices and I usually go through about 3 during my PC shift with the brightness all the way down and auto print ticket off (because that also drains the battery. I want to buy a cable but can't really justify $30 of my own for Target's mess up.

It's an official Honeywell one. You can get for 20.00 & take a little time to get it. I don't trust the generic ones.. I would check to see if the sled is attach correctly to the iPod. Use a t6 screwdriver to open it & make adjustments. The screwdriver is 5.00 at Home Depot or order it on sap.

It's an official Honeywell one. You can get for 20.00 & take a little time to get it. I don't trust the generic ones.. I would check to see if the sled is attach correctly to the iPod. Use a t6 screwdriver to open it & make adjustments. The screwdriver is 5.00 at Home Depot or order it on sap.

Yeah, the screwdriver is a good idea. At this point though, I just would love to see a fully charged mydevice for once. It's so frustrating not having the tools to do my job. I should ask our DTL if they have any plans on fixing these issues.

I never thought I'd miss pdas so much.

Bug: when doing the order, if the screen where you enter the quantity is up, and you enter a new PLU or DPCI with the numeric input option, it inserts that number in the quantity to order.

I nearly ordered 4020 cases of parsley.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when the truck pulled up loaded completely full of parsley.

I like to think someone would notice and investigate, and either correct the order to a more normal number for your store, or call and ask if it's right.
I can definitely see some guy at the FDC just building pallets and pallets of parsley and thinking "well this is weird, but whatever...I don't have time to stop and look into this."

Yeah, the screwdriver is a good idea. At this point though, I just would love to see a fully charged mydevice for once. It's so frustrating not having the tools to do my job. I should ask our DTL if they have any plans on fixing these issues.
I never thought I'd miss pdas so much.
He would tell you to call the help desk. Are your devices up to date with latest update?

I finally opened up one of our mydevices with a rattling inside and a little metal part came out but I have no idea where it came from or what it's used for... o_O

I had opened a my device & nothing came out. The helpdesk is aware of piece of plastic that breaks off behind the sled backing. I did not any rust of the device, either. The sled will fully charges, IPod did not charge.

There's a metal shield about 1cm/1cm (not a perfect square, but you get the idea). If you open it up and take the green board out, it's on the back, to the left of the metal prongs that touch the scanner battery.

Contrary to what I thought a few months ago, it seems to make no difference whether it's there or not. I've taken them out of a few devices and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

The only problems I've seen with any devices lately have been the iPod connecting to the sled. The battery seems fine, the iPod itself is fine, the sled is fine, and the software works great. It's the physical connection between the iPod and the sled that seems to suck balls. Removing the iPod from the sled and putting it back in can temporarily fix a lot of my issues. Then it scans for a bit, and then disconnects.

@mobileFellow

Last edited:
Back