MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

There's a metal shield about 1cm/1cm (not a perfect square, but you get the idea). If you open it up and take the green board out, it's on the back, to the left of the metal prongs that touch the scanner battery.

Contrary to what I thought a few months ago, it seems to make no difference whether it's there or not. I've taken them out of a few devices and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

The only problems I've seen with any devices lately have been the iPod connecting to the sled. The battery seems fine, the iPod itself is fine, the sled is fine, and the software works great. It's the physical connection between the iPod and the sled that seems to suck balls. Removing the iPod from the sled and putting it back in can temporarily fix a lot of my issues. Then it scans for a bit, and then disconnects.

@mobileFellow
God this. I have the metal bit from "my" mydevice in my desk. Just in case it was useful. Lol.

There's a metal shield about 1cm/1cm (not a perfect square, but you get the idea). If you open it up and take the green board out, it's on the back, to the left of the metal prongs that touch the scanner battery.

Contrary to what I thought a few months ago, it seems to make no difference whether it's there or not. I've taken them out of a few devices and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

The only problems I've seen with any devices lately have been the iPod connecting to the sled. The battery seems fine, the iPod itself is fine, the sled is fine, and the software works great. It's the physical connection between the iPod and the sled that seems to suck balls. Removing the iPod from the sled and putting it back in can temporarily fix a lot of my issues. Then it scans for a bit, and then disconnects.

@mobileFellow

That silver thing? I tried to open a ticket for you, but there wasn't a reason code for 'suck balls' in the form ...apologies. I ripped mine off. It took a little bit of doing but it looks like its held on w a touch of solder and a couple of the touch points were cold/non-existent. If you catch one in the wild, try to get a sharp shot of the left behind 'dashes' where it is supposed to connect. I'll see if I can make this device fail any harder than normal.
IMG_0136.JPG

That silver thing? I tried to open a ticket for you, but there wasn't a reason code for 'suck balls' in the form ...apologies. I ripped mine off. It took a little bit of doing but it looks like its held on w a touch of solder and a couple of the touch points were cold/non-existent. If you catch one in the wild, try to get a sharp shot of the left behind 'dashes' where it is supposed to connect. I'll see if I can make this device fail any harder than normal.
View attachment 1732
That needs to be a thing...seriously. I NEED a "sucks balls"choice for broken equipment.

For a while that piece was shorting out the sleds that would stop working. Now the problem just appears to be that the sleds aren't being left alone long enough to fully charge everything. I had a few that just wouldn't scan and after letting them charge for 24 hours they worked fine. I left with a battery still at 3/4.

For a while that piece was shorting out the sleds that would stop working. Now the problem just appears to be that the sleds aren't being left alone long enough to fully charge everything. I had a few that just wouldn't scan and after letting them charge for 24 hours they worked fine. I left with a battery still at 3/4.

Have you updated the firmware on all your devices? You should/could see up to 4x life out of a charged sled/ipod combo with that update ...worth the time. I'm watching the stats and the numbers look a ton better w the updated firmware.

Have you updated the firmware on all your devices? You should/could see up to 4x life out of a charged sled/ipod combo with that update ...worth the time. I'm watching the stats and the numbers look a ton better w the updated firmware.
We have updated all units. But, 1 or 2 units are showing a need for a software update. I did go under SAM & spot sync, everything is up to date.
Thanks for pictures.

A iPod I get everyday now will not charge when the iPod reaches 20%. The sled battery is 100%, connected and everything but refuses to charge. Though I can open TargetSync and it will charge, but go into myWork and it stops. Although today it wouldn't charge no matter what app I went into... @mobileFellow

Cause people can't/won't read and respect notes left on the devices. And the people wonder why they won't work. Idiots, I don't pit "Dead and Charging" for shits and giggles.

The problem is the devices actually have to get to that point, they aren't quick charging items though that would be a great thing if you could pull it off. We also get a weird loop on a few devices that will bounce back and forth between charging itself and the ipod. It just sits there flashing. The sled charge % reading is also useless on every mydevice I've used. It will either show 100% or 75%.

@mobileFellow

I do Price change once in awhile and I notice 2 issues.

1. Printer gets disconnected from the Mydevice randomly, then I would have to scan the printer again to connect. It happens about every 5-20 scans or so.
2. Some Mydevices doesn't make that double beep sound when you find an item that needs to be ticketed. It makes a regular beep when scanning items just fine though, so I don't think the speaker is broken or anything.

@mobileFellow
MyWork will not allow you to continue if you try to set the SFQ above the capacity of a location without increasing the capacity before setting the new SFQ. Before the latest update, whenever you tried to do that it would just set the SFQ to whatever the capacity was and allow you to move on with whatever operation you were trying to perform. Now you get an error message in red telling you to raise the capacity first.

Is it intended for that to be the rule in research mode as well? I would either have to change the capacity or backstock any extras before I can research something, which is not always desirable or even practical with some of the product we carry a lot of eaches for (gift cards, for instance).

I guess I do not really understand this change.

Last edited:
@mobileFellow
MyWork will not allow you to continue if you try to set the SFQ above the capacity of a location without increasing the capacity before setting the new SFQ. Before the latest update, whenever you tried to do that it would just set the SFQ to whatever the capacity was. Now you get an error message in red telling you to raise the capacity first.

Is it intended for that to be the rule in research mode as well? I would either have to change the capacity or backstock any extras before I can research something, which is not always desirable or even practical with some of the product we carry a lot of eaches for (gift cards, for instance).

I decided "Fuck it" and just pulled everything over a real reasonable capacity. My ETL was fine with it. But I have a feeling this is going to get out of control really fast.

Cause I would basically be redoing the capacity on about ¾ of the things I scan cause of our overpush issues.

I decided "Fuck it" and just pulled everything over a real reasonable capacity. My ETL was fine with it. But I have a feeling this is going to get out of control really fast.

Cause I would basically be redoing the capacity on about ¾ of the things I scan cause of our overpush issues.
I understand the presentation team is supposed to redo the capacities whenever they set things, but that is certainly not always possible (and according to my store's leadership, a waste of payroll in almost all cases), especially in entertainment and video games which has a number of aisles that get revisions every week.

I noticed today the OH counts for some of our gaming gift cards located in aisles that get revisions every week was considerably off. The OHs were something like 24 when we really had 140. I switched over to revision mode to correct the counts real quick and got told I could not without raising the capacity first. Every time a revision is tied in (every single week), I would have to reset capacities to even begin researching in those aisles because those locations can hold more than the default capacities.

I understand the presentation team is supposed to redo the capacities whenever they set things, but that is certainly not always possible (and according to my store's leadership, a waste of payroll in almost all cases), especially in entertainment and video games which has a number of aisles that get revisions every week.

I noticed today the OH counts for some of our gaming gift cards located in aisles that get revisions every week was considerably off. The OHs were something like 24 when we really had 140. I switched over to revision mode to correct the counts real quick and got told I could not without raising the capacity first. Every time a revision is tied in (every single week), I would have to reset capacities to even begin researching in those aisles because those locations can hold more than the default capacities.

POG fix a capacity? Ok two of them but the rest? Not a chance. I find myself basically redoing about ¾ of capacities of any revision/set. But with gutted hours, I may just leave it or pull them off and push it back on their TL to fix.

POG fix a capacity? Ok two of them but the rest? Not a chance. I find myself basically redoing about ¾ of capacities of any revision/set. But with gutted hours, I may just leave it or pull them off and push it back on their TL to fix.
Somebody mentioned this for the cosmetics reset....I just laughed and laughed and laughed...we can't get shit set on time, let alone priced/signed/researched.

Yes, you have to backstock the over push or adjust the capacity up to an inaccurate amount. If you adjust it up that will create havoc with what will come in from the DC and what gets pulled from the backroom.

Already talked to my STL about how dragging around a shopping cart for over push backstock just slows us down too much.

And, there will be overstock backstock, especially with items like bagged candy and pegged candy.

Oh, in addition, I was told that RIG completion in 2016 will have increased weight in store metrics. My store doesn't have a problem getting that done but I can't remember when we completed all Research tasks during the week.

@mobileFellow
MyWork will not allow you to continue if you try to set the SFQ above the capacity of a location without increasing the capacity before setting the new SFQ. Before the latest update, whenever you tried to do that it would just set the SFQ to whatever the capacity was and allow you to move on with whatever operation you were trying to perform. Now you get an error message in red telling you to raise the capacity first.

It supposed to be that way. Why would you set the OF count higher than the capacity? Merchandise won't replenish correctly.

Does this only apply to setting SFQ (none mode) or adjusting in research mode as well?
If I have to either count the item, backstock the overpush, then update the count after or adjust capacity up, update count, and relower it after this isn't going to go very well.

Does this only apply to setting SFQ (none mode) or adjusting in research mode as well?
If I have to either count the item, backstock the overpush, then update the count after or adjust capacity up, update count, and relower it after this isn't going to go very well.
It does apply to research mode as well.

Hey folks, any sense for health of your myDevice(s) after updating the firmware and using the latest rev of myWork? (firmware should buy you battery life and the latest rev of myWork should keep your sled connected ...better)

Have you done both? Neither? Love it? Hate it? Same? Different?

Hey folks, any sense for health of your myDevice(s) after updating the firmware and using the latest rev of myWork? (firmware should buy you battery life and the latest rev of myWork should keep your sled connected ...better)

Have you done both? Neither? Love it? Hate it? Same? Different?
The battery life seems to be better, although I usually close and a lot of the myDevices I use have been charging throughout the early afternoon, so I haven't had many issues with it. I'm still having problems with the sled and the iPod connecting. Yesterday I used one all day that has been having issues over the last few months. It seems to disconnect after about 15 minutes of use. The best way to fix it was to unscrew the top, take out the iPod, take out the battery, put the battery back in, then put the iPod back in. After doing this 3 or 4 times, I just left it unscrewed so I could do it quicker. Sometimes I can get it to work with just taking out the iPod (and leaving the battery in the whole time), but usually it takes both.

Has anyone actually ordered the charger? I am sooo tempted because they don't charge well at all. I'd love to hide a charger under my desk.

Back