MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Hey folks, any sense for health of your myDevice(s) after updating the firmware and using the latest rev of myWork? (firmware should buy you battery life and the latest rev of myWork should keep your sled connected ...better)

Have you done both? Neither? Love it? Hate it? Same? Different?
I still need to get a photo for you of the Lightning discoloration and also a iPod I use everyday no longer charges when it gets low. Everything is good though, the sled is 100%, connected, but the other day it died on me. And then we have a few that will charge the iPod when it's full. It's so wonky since the update.

Hey folks, any sense for health of your myDevice(s) after updating the firmware and using the latest rev of myWork? (firmware should buy you battery life and the latest rev of myWork should keep your sled connected ...better)

I have definitely noticed more overall battery life. My biggest issue (or call it a nitpick) is how OH's got moved to the front page. Feels like too much info for that one little line of text.

@mobileFellow: When I arrive in the morning, it is easier to find a myDevice that scans at all. In addition, they seem to remain charged longer, and I haven't had one disconnect on me once. I would say, on the whole, a big improvement. Thanks to you and the team for the good work. I hope the team has more improvements coming shortly.

Mydevice battery and scanner life seems to have improved but the price change function is ridiculously messed up again.

We are doing good with the updates.

Ugh, this "increase capacity first" is driving me crazy! I had RIGS on check lanes, and had to chane the capacity of EOS lip balm (2 different flavors) on 20 checklane POGs. But the new capacity of 6, while being accurate & allowing each package to hang neatly directly behind the one before it, will not stop the flow team from putting 12 on every peg, with them jutting out in every direction from the peg. This issue WILL NOT get solved. EVER. You cannot stop people from over pushing when the TM's only goal is to be "Done" by a certain time (flow team). I will have to either increase capacities to a the "not falling off the peg" number that leaves a terrible zone, or lie about how many I see in order to complete My tasks on time.

One solution to this would be to PRINT THE SHELF CAPACITY ON THE SHELF LABEL. Then all parties a privy to that info.

It does not seem to be helping the pricing team at all. The have to charge at each break and lunch. Thanks for asking. I'm just passing along info. But they are friends.

Ugh, this "increase capacity first" is driving me crazy! I had RIGS on check lanes, and had to chane the capacity of EOS lip balm (2 different flavors) on 20 checklane POGs. But the new capacity of 6, while being accurate & allowing each package to hang neatly directly behind the one before it, will not stop the flow team from putting 12 on every peg, with them jutting out in every direction from the peg. This issue WILL NOT get solved. EVER. You cannot stop people from over pushing when the TM's only goal is to be "Done" by a certain time (flow team). I will have to either increase capacities to a the "not falling off the peg" number that leaves a terrible zone, or lie about how many I see in order to complete My tasks on time.

One solution to this would be to PRINT THE SHELF CAPACITY ON THE SHELF LABEL. Then all parties a privy to that info.
Driving me crazy too. Update capacity to count, update count, put capacity back to original, and if removing the extra for backstock switch to none and readjust the onfloor count.

The capacity is more about CAF triggers than preventing overpush. It is hoped that team members can visually see what fits out properly. After we stock six in a six capacity slot, the computer knows when to pull more after some are sold. You can't stop people from doing what they want, but hopefully the checks and balances of 4x4, zone, instocks, etc will minimize the problems and spread the responsibility out to keep it accurately stocked.
I have definitely noticed more overall battery life. My biggest issue (or call it a nitpick) is how OH's got moved to the front page. Feels like too much info for that one little line of text.
Saw this today, not a fan. Especially since its often not remotely similar to the other numbers on the page. The items I scanned today had 0 on the floor, 0 out back and 8 on hand....seriously not looking forward to teaching new tms how to make sense of that jumble.

In general I find my battery is lasting better, pricing is still charging by lunch. But I don't know if they are using any battery saving techniques like low screen, auto ticket off, etc. Still having issues with them connecting to the chargers which is my bigger issue. Also still getting sled disconnects and today a random issue with one we sent out and got back...its not quite worked in months.

The sleds seem to stay connected better, however the new charging feature seems to be really buggy. Sometimes the sled will charge the iPod, sometimes it won't. I had one die on me today without the sled ever trying to charge the iPod and it had the updated firmware.

Ugh, this "increase capacity first" is driving me crazy! I had RIGS on check lanes, and had to chane the capacity of EOS lip balm (2 different flavors) on 20 checklane POGs. But the new capacity of 6, while being accurate & allowing each package to hang neatly directly behind the one before it, will not stop the flow team from putting 12 on every peg, with them jutting out in every direction from the peg.
I was researching TVs today and had to change the capacity of every TV we had on the display wall (which is defaulted to 0 for every TV wall location) to 1 to get an accurate number. Even after I changed the capacities back to 0 some of those TVs fell into the CAFs anyway.

I do not believe I should have to make all of those changes just to do research, or even adjust on-floor counts. The old method just set the on-floor counts to the capacity amount and achieved the same thing. It is creating useless work for no reason, and even more when I hit a POG that revises every week (I'm looking at you, Xbox aisle).

Last edited:
I was researching TVs today and had to change the capacity of every TV we had on the display wall (which is defaulted to 0 for every TV wall location) to 1 to get an accurate number. Even after I changed the capacities back to 0 some of those TVs fell into the CAFs anyway.

I do not believe I should have to make all of those changes just to do research, or even adjust on-floor counts. The old method just set the on-floor counts to the capacity amount and achieved the same thing. It is creating useless work for no reason, and even more when I hit a POG that revises every week (I'm looking at you, Xbox aisle).
It is suggested to LOCU your tv's in backroom & sto them back on location. Then do research on tv's. Doing that action, corrected the cafs errors & refilled empty my tv wall.

I would still have to go through the capacity change going up and down every time since the display is inventoried. In those few seconds, the system saw a location with a capacity of 1 and 0 on floor and dropped them into a batch.

Last edited:
I would still have to go through the capacity change going up and down every time since the display is inventoried. In those few seconds, the system saw a location with a capacity of 1 and 0 on floor and dropped them into a batch.
It didn't happen to me. I will do research later on the week.

Ok is anyone else having problems with the sled charging the device since the update or is just my store? Today about 2:10pm by iPod went to 20%. As I expected it didn't start charging. So I tried something new and closed the app and re-opened it. Started charging, but it didn't stop. I almost had a full battery by the time I left at 2:30. Closed the app out and re-opened and it stopped. I'm lost... @mobileFellow

Huge help here if anyone knows this and can explain..

Confused with POG/BR batches. If a pog batch is in the gun it will fall off after a day and go into autofill?

Also, if pog ties and sets an aisle with a my device it will be sent to an autofill but if it's tied with a pda it creates a pog batch?

Getting pog batches in autofills left and right this last/this week because I don't understand. Thank you for any help

I also want to scan endcaps:trouble areas and have them drop into 6am autos and pushed by flow so I would like to know how to do that instead of making a batch, pulling and pushing with a smaller dayside team

How can I scan the floor and have it pulled with the autos in the morning and not a batch I have to create and pull!?!?

Confused with POG/BR batches. If a pog batch is in the gun it will fall off after a day and go into autofill
A non-automated batch (EXF, Research, POG) will drop out of the list after 72 hours and be added to the next autofill.

Also, if pog ties and sets an aisle with a my device it will be sent to an autofill but if it's tied with a pda it creates a pog batch?
A MyDevice will automatically create a POG batch when you tie in a new pog or revision. A PDA will not. If you want a batch after tying in a pog or revision with a PDA, you have to manually create a batch in RF Apps using the New Pog Fill or Revision Fill apps available in Replenishment.

Getting pog batches in autofills left and right this last/this week because I don't understand. Thank you for any help
That will happen when you tie in pogs and revisions around the time CAFs and autofills are generated. The system sees on-floor counts below capacities and try to get that product out to the floor.

I also want to scan endcaps:trouble areas and have them drop into 6am autos and pushed by flow so I would like to know how to do that instead of making a batch, pulling and pushing with a smaller dayside team

How can I scan the floor and have it pulled with the autos in the morning and not a batch I have to create and pull!?!?
There is something you can do to get low-inventory items to drop into autofills and CAFs using a MyDevice without creating a batch simply by telling the system the on-floor counts are below capacity. Be careful when doing this and, more importantly, be accurate. You do not want your counts to be off because that will mess up the replenishment process.

Scan the location and change the on-floor count to what you see. As you type in a number, the MyWork app will tell you how many will be pulled to reach the location's capacity. Tap on the Pull button or whatever the button says.

This will create a pull batch (which we don't want) that you can view by clicking on the profile icon in the top-left corner of the MyWork app. Click that and tap on the batch name where you will see your DPCI and how many will be pulled. One option is to close the batch (which will add it to the list of batches) and the other option is to delete the batch. You do not want to close the batch, but instead delete it. Closing the batch will add it to the list of batches to be pulled. Deleting it will make it go away as if nothing happened.

If the on-floor count you entered is below capacity, the system will still see the need for more to be out on the floor to reach capacity and add that item to the fillgroup batch the next time it needs to be pulled.

For instance, I might scan a toy endcap that has a DPCI with a total capacity of 8, but we only have 6 on the floor with 2 in the back. If I were to scan the DPCI and say we have 6 on the floor and delete the batch, the other 2 will get pulled the next time TOYS is pulled without a batch being involved.

Last edited:
Ok is anyone else having problems with the sled charging the device since the update or is just my store? Today about 2:10pm by iPod went to 20%. As I expected it didn't start charging. So I tried something new and closed the app and re-opened it. Started charging, but it didn't stop. I almost had a full battery by the time I left at 2:30. Closed the app out and re-opened and it stopped. I'm lost... @mobileFellow

Ok - that's bizarre. Can you PM the device details - I wanna dig into this.

Huge help here if anyone knows this and can explain..

Confused with POG/BR batches. If a pog batch is in the gun it will fall off after a day and go into autofill?

This has started happening at my store, too. But it falls into the CAFs anyways, doesn't matter which device you tie it with. We just have someone pull as soo as we drop it.

This has started happening at my store, too. But it falls into the CAFs anyways, doesn't matter which device you tie it with. We just have someone pull as soo as we drop it.

My store has this problem as well. We now have to have someone pull our batches immediately and cannot tie anything with a myDevice or half of our product ends up in the CAFs. As far as I know every store in our district has the same issue and we had assumed it was a global issue.

I don't recall it ever doing that, even when we had nothing but PDAs. I used to tie & drop Tune-In on Sunday, set it on Monday and pull it on Tuesday morning with no problem of it all coming out in the CAFs.

We are having 2 units turn into bricks after the update, no loose parts sounds. The sled did charge, iPod did not. Then, a another device that refuses to update with spot sync...

Mydevice battery and scanner life seems to have improved but the price change function is ridiculously messed up again.

This! Please fix the bugs for price change. It's been going on for at least 2 weeks now. When you can an item for a certain aisle lets say B15, instead of moving to the next item on B16 or whatever, it jumps randomly to A15 or the backroom. Does this also when scanning under a different department.

There are other bugs, but thats the major one right now.

Back