MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

are the next gen devices still iPod based and if so is there a supplemental battery for both the iPod and the scanning sled and maybe hopefully a redesigned sled and cradle system.

Per page 171 of this thread, it will be a Motorola device running Android. It will have a built-in scanner and, as I understand, a replaceable battery.

If you're dying to test next gen devices, you will need to convince your STL and DTL and then they'll let us know. We're deciding on the stores based on field/store desire and willingness to provide great feedback. This is happening right now so if you think your store would fit this criteria, start talking yourselves up to your leaders!
Can I at least have an idea of what department they should contact? I'll send out an email and beg, but they need led by the hand...I'd also be willing to pm you my specific info/ email via target email so you can know who to look for contact from...

Ok bad news guys- apparently the list has already been decided upon by SVPs. There's 22 stores across the company. Sorry for any confusion and disappointment!
You are dead to me ;)

But seriously that sucks. I'm tired of these things getting tested by idiots and then problems getting passed on we could have ironed out in beta.

If there's a second round you hit me up...cause I know we probably didn't get picked.

You are dead to me ;)

But seriously that sucks. I'm tired of these things getting tested by idiots and then problems getting passed on we could have ironed out in beta.

If there's a second round you hit me up...cause I know we probably didn't get picked.
That's how the myDevices are what they are now. Teams who gave crap feedback.

Hi everyone, functionality will be coming soon to pilot stores (likely in July) on suggested items for a salesplan based on filters like single price point, discontinued/discontinued soon, highest turnover, on current promotion, single brand, on future promtion, highest markup, on cartwheel, etc. to help you build "smart" sales plans based on data. I'm super excited to get this in stores to see positive sales impact!! The idea is that you can pick one, multiple, or no filters (create your own), pick the items you want (they'll only show items within a specific adjacency), tie those items at the same time to an endcap, then batch the items for you. I'd love your thoughts/comments/ideas on this as we're in development right now!

How about Tie and Not batch option for a carry forward salesplan.

Hi everyone, functionality will be coming soon to pilot stores (likely in July) on suggested items for a salesplan based on filters like single price point, discontinued/discontinued soon, highest turnover, on current promotion, single brand, on future promtion, highest markup, on cartwheel, etc. to help you build "smart" sales plans based on data. I'm super excited to get this in stores to see positive sales impact!! The idea is that you can pick one, multiple, or no filters (create your own), pick the items you want (they'll only show items within a specific adjacency), tie those items at the same time to an endcap, then batch the items for you. I'd love your thoughts/comments/ideas on this as we're in development right now!

An app that adds hours in for someone to actually do this would be useful (it would actually generate more money than VML has, and you wouldn't have to pay them nearly as much, just remember to call it a "brand" position.)

As a signing TM I would LOVE you guys to add a prompt letting whoever tied a Sales Planner know that there is signing for this for the sales planner as well.

On a side note, since Displays are all Class 94, is there anyway we could get an option to "Just batch Displays" or "Batch Displays". That way we at least have the option of easily separating Push/Displays without having to dig through the pog to create a manual batch? It would have helped today with vacuum's if I could have had all the display's pulled and ready to go before we got our push by the time Backroom was able to pull it. (We don't have many PDA's)

It would also help with purging display's which I could see a lot of them lost forever in the backroom once an aisle is set.

An app that adds hours in for someone to actually do this would be useful (it would actually generate more money than VML has, and you wouldn't have to pay them nearly as much, just remember to call it a "brand" position.)

As a signing TM I would LOVE you guys to add a prompt letting whoever tied a Sales Planner know that there is signing for this for the sales planner as well.

As we learn more about how myStats is being used in the stores, who is using it, and what the future workload strategy is for stores, we will assess if payroll needs to be allocated for this work. Since this tool can be used by all TMs, it might be hard to give payroll to 1 TM to complete the work. But we'll keep this in mind as we go.

I have been thinking about the signing/labeling batch options and don't have it in scope right now. I'll add it into the backlog though since I agree, this feature would be helpful.

I have been thinking about the signing/labeling batch options and don't have it in scope right now. I'll add it into the backlog though since I agree, this feature would be helpful.
Signing, pricing,pog
The lost, the forgotten, red headed step children brought to you by the mangy stork .... Sigh....
We the grease the gears with sweat & tears but alas the steps we make are part of the job we take.... Someday the sun will shine my friends, someday

*when you take a look at that feature, go back a few pages and look at what I and a few others were talking about as far as holding past & future locations- please!

Yes to Signduck's last part. I had originally posted a post with an example of past & future location for products. And adding in all label size options! With Label getting deleted next month, I will cease to have an option to change to cosmetic size labels if I have to change size like I had to today.

There is a lot of things getting deleted next month. All POG functions are getting deleted. Sign is getting re-deleted. And TKT is getting deleted among other RF & PF order & SDA,

So after next month, we have to use a pda to create labels?

No, it's getting deleted from the PDAs. You'll only have the option of using a MyDevice.

There is a lot of things getting deleted next month. All POG functions are getting deleted. Sign is getting re-deleted. And TKT is getting deleted among other RF & PF order & SDA,

There will be much rejoicing from my backroom team (but lots of groaning from the sales floor team) when the pricing and POG functions are removed. If they delete the SDA from the PDAs, then the P-Fresh opener will have to start doing the backroom portion (currently the backroom opener does it).

No, it's getting deleted from the PDAs. You'll only have the option of using a MyDevice.
There will be much rejoicing from my backroom team (but lots of groaning from the sales floor team) when the pricing and POG functions are removed. If they delete the SDA from the PDAs, then the P-Fresh opener will have to start doing the backroom portion (currently the backroom opener does it).

We have a backroom team member using a mydevice to keep on top of flex alerts ourselves. Not that it is always helpful.

Back