MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Is the ability to defect out stuff via myWork coming as part of any upcoming recent release?

I impressed our backroom guy by asking if there was a way to defect stuff out without having to bring it up to GS. He said nobody had ever asked that before, but I was asking mostly out of laziness. I didn't want to have to bring it all the way up to GS from receiving, when it seemed like there should be a way to skip that step. He said the hardest part was finding a PDA (SFS had one, thankfully).

Is the ability to defect out stuff via myWork coming as part of any upcoming recent release?

I impressed our backroom guy by asking if there was a way to defect stuff out without having to bring it up to GS. He said nobody had ever asked that before, but I was asking mostly out of laziness. I didn't want to have to bring it all the way up to GS from receiving, when it seemed like there should be a way to skip that step. He said the hardest part was finding a PDA (SFS had one, thankfully).
God I hope so. So much needs to be implemented in the new myWork.

For those wondering Order Inquiry is coming soon to myhelp (all my GSTMs our there)

Hopefully STS receive and also return to stock come soon. Then GS can kiss PDAs good bye

So when are the WindowsCE guns getting turned off? We do all pulls and CAFs with Zebras now, but we still keep the guns around to scan the trucks and MSPK.

I thought I heard a rumor that it was supposed to be in June, but we're not in June anymore Dorothy.

So when are the WindowsCE guns getting turned off? We do all pulls and CAFs with Zebras now, but we still keep the guns around to scan the trucks and MSPK.

I thought I heard a rumor that it was supposed to be in June, but we're not in June anymore Dorothy.

We knew in June any sent for repair would not be returned but haven't heard a end of life date yet. They may have said June so plan for a while longer.

Does MSPK actually do anything, though?

I think it’s supposed to account for what’s in holds or in carts/reshop containing method of choice at guest services after returns.
But that’s stupid bc there’s no way to mark inventory as such. If it’s in a reshop bin it should count as on the floor as it should’nt be at GS for more than a few hours,24 hours max.

Another weird question, lol. The color inversion in accessibility that says its experimental and may affect performance... does anyone know if TMs playing with that would be what is causing screens to go out? The backlights come on like they're trying to turn on, but the screen stays black.

Another weird question, lol. The color inversion in accessibility that says its experimental and may affect performance... does anyone know if TMs playing with that would be what is causing screens to go out? The backlights come on like they're trying to turn on, but the screen stays black.

Having the screen sleep during charge would help prolong screen life. Someone at HQ should have the fortitude to know this.

Due to Android system updates the brightness bar had to be removed. It sounds like the feature will return eventually in a AirWatch Launcher update.
I hope they release the update soon. The zebras barely last a full shift on full brightness to which they always die 15-30 minutes before I clock out. Lowering the brightness saved me getting a new zebra battery or carrying one with me.

I hope they release the update soon. The zebras barely last a full shift on full brightness to which they always die 15-30 minutes before I clock out. Lowering the brightness saved me getting a new zebra battery or carrying one with me.

The mind splitting headaches they cause me would be nice to not have.. I always had my screen turned almost three quarters down. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea to have the screens on %100 full blast all the time was a fucking idiot. Battery burn down mean anything to anyone? Cause you just did it to your users.

they also took away the option for large text which some of the older GSTMs liked
The mind splitting headaches they cause me would be nice to not have.. I always had my screen turned almost three quarters down. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea to have the screens on %100 full blast all the time was a fucking idiot. Battery burn down mean anything to anyone? Cause you just did it to your users.

But look at the bright side, there’s a Bluetooth pairing list in the app. Swiping to the 3rd page of the homescreen is way more efficient then the arrow on the status on every homepage.

Last edited:
Back