MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I've noticed lately if I toggle into mpm2.0 (or whatever the name is), it breaks Move. I cant scan anymore when I toggle back to e pick, until I close everything out.

I've noticed the exact same thing. The past week or two I've had to reboot multiple times a day, either because the scanner doesnt even show, or because it scans but doesn't register. After awhile, I've come to notice it's almost always after checking mpm2, so I rarely check it now throughout the day

I've noticed the exact same thing. The past week or two I've had to reboot multiple times a day, either because the scanner doesnt even show, or because it scans but doesn't register. After awhile, I've come to notice it's almost always after checking mpm2, so I rarely check it now throughout the day

Mine issue is going to Mywork, so I don't think it really matter what you switch to, its that you switch.

I gotta ask, how can one be backstocking "lousy" if backstocking with a pda or a zebra won't ask you how many you are backstocking so that it comes out as "N/A" in the system? What would you do when you're using MOVE and you came upon an item and it is asking you to pull 4000+ of it and if you scan it with myWork, it says it was stored as "some", what would you do?

I asked my BRTL long ago when Move just started and she said to input exactly how many I am pulling. Now she says, to pull it first with another device and backstock it (it will then ask how many to backstock) and then pull it with move.

Also, she said if you're going to locu a location, pull everything first before doing a locu If you find a ghost, backstock it first and then pull so that it will be in the system. I get the logic of both.... just kinda. I don't know. I'm not saying she doesn't know what she is doing. She is good at any of her job cores and she's a hard worker. Just wanted to hear what you guys think as well.

I gotta ask, how can one be backstocking "lousy" if backstocking with a pda or a zebra won't ask you how many you are backstocking so that it comes out as "N/A" in the system? What would you do when you're using MOVE and you came upon an item and it is asking you to pull 4000+ of it and if you scan it with myWork, it says it was stored as "some", what would you do?

I asked my BRTL long ago when Move just started and she said to input exactly how many I am pulling. Now she says, to pull it first with another device and backstock it (it will then ask how many to backstock) and then pull it with move.

Also, she said if you're going to locu a location, pull everything first before doing a locu If you find a ghost, backstock it first and then pull so that it will be in the system. I get the logic of both.... just kinda. I don't know. I'm not saying she doesn't know what she is doing. She is good at any of her job cores and she's a hard worker. Just wanted to hear what you guys think as well.

Well, for the "some in back" question, both pieces of advice stand from your BRTL. What she first said when Move rolled out works for all cases except when a ghost or baffle exists. So, if you're pulling bullseye and it wants 4000+ of an item with 5 in location, tell it you're pulling five and it'll automatically ask you if you pulled all because of how bullseye BR locs work. However, if the count it wants is one or two off from what you see, pulling once, stowing, and then pulling in Move helps fix the baffle or ghost since you fixed the count.

For the LOCU question, I find your BRTL's advice...baffling. Assuming there's not some newfangled way to LOCU on the zebra that changed stuff, the LOCU scan does this step for you and is intended to catch errors, baffle or ghost. So, scan the location in LOCU to just clear the location, then individually scan the DPCIs back into location using the correct counts and it'll fix itself without doing double the work.

Hope that helps!

When it's a some quantity, I've been pulling what it asks for or all that's there (whichever is less) and entering the number that I actually pulled. Shouldn't cause an error, afaik, as long as you answer "Did you pull all of this item from this location?" correctly.

Our BRTL has been telling us that jumping out of a batch, locuing the location, and jumping back in no longer avoids the error that you were trying to correct, which he says came from our DTL. I guess it'd make sense, since doing the locu just to avoid an error is a waste of time and cheating the numbers, and it wouldn't be that hard for the system to track when you were doing that.

I don't know anymore. With "modernization" destroying BRLA anyway, I don't really care about exposing errors anymore. Not my fault softlines and beauty can't STO correctly.

I volunteered overnight at a ghetto Target and their Zebras worked GREAT with zero lag, they had me pulling manuals and stowing backstock and I bet it took 2 hours less than it would have if I was at my own store using our shitty Zebras. This was also my first time pulling with the Move app and I rate it 10/10

The MPM 2.0 app causing the issue makes sense now... we started doing the sales goals thing a few weeks ago and now that I think about it, that's when we started having the issue.

Yup. Scattered over the store, some will have a green light, some will have a blue light
They’re Cisco access points. Solid green means ready but no devices connected, solid blue means ready and devices connected.

Target’s network problems stem from two places: not enough / non-optimally placed access points for the building size, and super slow internet connections. My home internet runs faster than my local Targets, which should have an enterprise level connection.

My stores WiFi used to be bad but I guess a year or so ago they must have done something and since then it’s been rock solid.

They’re Cisco access points. Solid green means ready but no devices connected, solid blue means ready and devices connected.

Target’s network problems stem from two places: not enough / non-optimally placed access points for the building size, and super slow internet connections. My home internet runs faster than my local Targets, which should have an enterprise level connection.

That would explain the networking connection dropping 420 times a day because I've counted 4 of them above the salesfloor, one in TMSC and 2 in the backroom. The other Target I was at seemed to have one in every four ceiling tiles.

It's bad enough that I almost want to spring for a portable network repeater and hang it on a cart nearby while I work lol

That would explain the networking connection dropping 420 times a day because I've counted 4 of them above the salesfloor, one in TMSC and 2 in the backroom. The other Target I was at seemed to have one in every four ceiling tiles.

It's bad enough that I almost want to spring for a portable network repeater and hang it on a cart nearby while I work lol

I will say at home those are worth every penny, I have garage coverage with it.

come to think of it I probably wouldn't be able to use one at Target if I bought it because it would have to be paired with the network and its MAC address added to the whitelist, assuming there is such a thing lol. I highly doubt I could get anyone to set that up for me

I've found most often that the issue is the map that the telecom provider that acts as the administrator has is wrong so they think access points aren't where they actually are. There are too many people that don't actually know what they are doing trying to handle the network.

I don't think I've ever seen a green light on an access point at my store.

Stupid equipment. I had FOUR MyDevices decide to randomly reboot in the middle of a MyGo transaction. When #3 did it, I was starting to think there was something wonky about the transaction that was triggering the reboot and called up the GSA because I was so frustrated. But the 4th time was a completely different transaction on the first MD that crashed from the prior.

And THAT unit kept rebooting while I was doing reshop later. I shoulda just pulled out my phone and used TMap's MyPog app.

Back