MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Our store got 20 new zebras about a month ago, bringing our total to 40. Now when I get there at 6:30 I can hardly ever find a zebra. A TL today told me we have less than 15. I don't understand how my store loses 25 zebras and nobody cares. Like shouldn't that be a serious AP issue? I just wish people would stop being selfish or careless so the rest of us could do our jobs. I also wish our management would get off their asses and do something about the problem or I wish they would have been smart enough to try to prevent it in the first place.

They're all probably still active on the network, something an ETL can easily check. Unfortunately that's about as far as most GEs/APs go when doing an equipment check. Because I'm a bit petty and can't stand the entitled jerks that feel they have the right to hide zebras: once a month I'd stay overnight when no one was in the store and call CSC to ring every missing zebra. Then I'd write correctives depending on where I found it and who signed into it last.

Proprely scanning to a cart in RevLogPulls updates the cart status in RevLog once you finish the batch. If any items were pulled, RevLog will show something like Ready to Ship SHPAQ. If not, it shows just Ready to Ship. Not super useful to whoever pulls the batch, but very nice for whoever then processes the batch in RevLog.
I know that but if you don’t have enough vehicles and you use the same cart your batches will be mixed. It all about using the common sense when it comes to it . I use same label over and over after all when I go to ship it , I go by the ir no and not the cart label.

I suspect the move team isn't the main beneficiary of the cart scanning. The feature is very useful for RevLog and RevLogPulls so we can locate and mark IR batches without the old paperwork.
And if you have one cart or no vehicles ?What do you do then? Use the common sense and work each batch in revlog where at the top says what batch it is. I work each box and put it straight in shipping boxes with the ir no on it. When all is done I just ship and print the papers work

Last edited:
And if you have one cart or no vehicles ?What do you do then? Use the common sense and work each batch in revlog where at the top says what batch it is. I work each box and put it straight in shipping boxes with the ir no on it. When all is done I just ship and print the papers work
Well, if I have vehicles available, I use the vehicles. When I don't, I work the batch to a shopping cart and leave the IR number on it since I have to leave it for the receiver to finish.

Well, if I have vehicles available, I use the vehicles. When I don't, I work the batch to a shopping cart and leave the IR number on it since I have to leave it for the receiver to finish.
Wait who pulls it in the first place? Not the receiver?

They're all probably still active on the network, something an ETL can easily check. Unfortunately that's about as far as most GEs/APs go when doing an equipment check. Because I'm a bit petty and can't stand the entitled jerks that feel they have the right to hide zebras: once a month I'd stay overnight when no one was in the store and call CSC to ring every missing zebra. Then I'd write correctives depending on where I found it and who signed into it last.
I told the TL in charge of FF that we should add RFID tags to all the MyDevices so that if they did somehow get misplaced, we could just go around scanning with a RFID gun. I told her we could use the Baby Registry DPCI like someone suggested here I believe or it was the FF posting.

I told the TL in charge of FF that we should add RFID tags to all the MyDevices so that if they did somehow get misplaced, we could just go around scanning with a RFID gun. I told her we could use the Baby Registry DPCI like someone suggested here I believe or it was the FF posting.
The only issue is walking around the entire store looking for how many lost zebras. It’s faster to call CSC and it’s hard to find a spot to put an RFID tag on the devices. What’s the baby registry product (and the DPCI)? 30 of the same DPCI on every zebra will make it beep at everybody.

The only issue is walking around the entire store looking for how many lost zebras. It’s faster to call CSC and it’s hard to find a spot to put an RFID tag on the devices. What’s the baby registry product (and the DPCI)? 30 of the same DPCI on every zebra will make it beep at everybody.
The idea for a dpci is slightly okay . But I would rather go with a display dpci than the actual item .

The idea for a dpci is slightly okay . But I would rather go with a display dpci than the actual item .
If only they were RFID compatible. My store uses discounted tags but we put them on our RFIDs.

They're all probably still active on the network, something an ETL can easily check. Then I'd write correctives depending on where I found it and who signed into it last.
Any TL can access it as well. If it was a TL or ETL, would you write them up? It seems they always stash one in their desks.

I told her we could use the Baby Registry DPCI like someone suggested here I believe or it was the FF posting.
What’s the baby registry product (and the DPCI)? 30 of the same DPCI on every zebra will make it beep at everybody.

Yeah, I agree that the RFID gun would just pick up everyone else's mydevice nearby. This doesn't make any sense to me. I've had CSC ping mydevices a few times and it's been easy enough each time.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree that the RFID gun would just pick up everyone else's mydevice nearby. This doesn't make any sense to me. I've had CSC ping mydevices a few times and it's been easy enough each time.
We didn't end up doing the RFID tags but instead we cracked down on equipment control, we make sure people sign out the device, check who was last to sign into it if it's missing or hasn't been signed out for the day and we do a count/verify of them at the end of the night. So far none have been lost, unlike our walkies where we have NONE....

What'd you do when it was a TL/ETL/STL who had signed in last?

If it was a TL I'd still write them up. They should be held to a higher standard than TMs, especially when it comes to expensive equipment. I couldn't right up an ETL, but they learned pretty quickly not to piss off the person in charge of maintaining all of their equipment. Obviously I can't write up an STL, but in my time at Target my STL never lost/misplaced a zebra.

If only they were RFID compatible. My store uses discounted tags but we put them on our RFIDs.

Any TL can access it as well. If it was a TL or ETL, would you write them up? It seems they always stash one in their desks.

Yes I've written up TLs before (can't give an ETL a corrective, only senior merch or STL can do that). My stance was always the same: Your STL doesn't hide zebras in his desk or take them home. What gives an ETL, TL, or TM the right to do so?

RFID tags are useful when the zebra has died. At that point CSC can only give you an approximate location of where it was seen last. With the RFID you can narrow it down and have a better chance of finding it. RFID is not useful if there are other devices around. It's best to use when the store is empty (or as close to empty as you can get). You'd have to remove the RFID tag on your own zebra first before looking for others. RFID was great for when someone lost a zebra in the wacos. Then I could just walk through the backroom in just a few minutes to find it.

Ok why is the Pog number so small, squished (very little white spacing), and so close to the defect button. I keep accidentally clicking it. Please fix!

I'm sure the O/S has a built in "find my device" like any other Android device does. The old iPods probably had it too. There needs to be a function in the equipment control that will let you see where the device was last seen. I know that people hide things.

Back