MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I'm just now using my work2 and I have a question. I have a shitty memory and cannot remember 9 unfamiliar numbers. My work would let me put in 5 numbers, minimize, pull up the target app, switch back to my work, and the 5 numbers were still there and I add the last 4. Today I tried that twice, both times when I switched back to my work2 the 5 numbers were gone. Is there a way to type in only part of the number and keep it waiting in the search bar?
I use my personal phone. I either take a picture/screen shot of the DPCI, or I pull it up on the Target app.

I'm just now using my work2 and I have a question. I have a shitty memory and cannot remember 9 unfamiliar numbers. My work would let me put in 5 numbers, minimize, pull up the target app, switch back to my work, and the 5 numbers were still there and I add the last 4. Today I tried that twice, both times when I switched back to my work2 the 5 numbers were gone. Is there a way to type in only part of the number and keep it waiting in the search bar?
The only remedy I can see it typing the 5 digits you have and press search. Go back to the Target App, get the last 4 and tap on the pencil icon next to the 5 digit one. It’ll put the 5 digits in and then you can put the 4 digits.

The only remedy I can see it typing the 5 digits you have and press search. Go back to the Target App, get the last 4 and tap on the pencil icon next to the 5 digit one. It’ll put the 5 digits in and then you can put the 4 digits.
I found that & tried that today. Definitely a great workaround.

Really random: Was it me or did the MyWork 2.0 App Icon moved its spot from the middle to the bottom corner of the zebra. Freaked me out last night, because I thought it went away, or I did something wrong.

It moved to where myWork 1 was, and price change moved to where myWork 2 was
I don’t wanna call CSC for this but can you ask whoever if they can push out an updated version of the target app to the zebras and keep it updated? Currently they’re running a version that’s months old and it’s not being updated

If it’s not in your area then don’t worry about it

@tmap98 @mobilelady

Ah, alright. Any idea why the cart scanning feature hasn't also been disabled? It's currently useless and adds a completely arbitrary barrier.
I suspect the move team isn't the main beneficiary of the cart scanning. The feature is very useful for RevLog and RevLogPulls so we can locate and mark IR batches without the old paperwork.

I don’t wanna call CSC for this but can you ask whoever if they can push out an updated version of the target app to the zebras and keep it updated? Currently they’re running a version that’s months old and it’s not being updated

@tmap98 @mobilelady

You will have to call the CSC and have them manually push the latest version to the specific devices that aren't updating.

You will have to call the CSC and have them manually push the latest version to the specific devices that aren't updating.
It’s literally every single one. I don’t think the target app is on the list of ones that get updated. If there’s someone you know who can look into it that’d be awesome.

Also I keep forgetting to submit feedback... rewrap is literally broken. I can set the printer to any mode and it just won’t print. New or old mywork.

@tmap98 @mobilelady
It looks like they just updated it on half our devices the same day they moved mywork but it caused half of the devices to not work because it makes you select a store to continue and half of them can’t locate any stores. It’s dumb but I use my personal phone 9/10 times because it’s way quicker and I find its better woth searching than the android version of target

please for the love of everything inform whom'st ever sets them up, to only do 3 - 5 at a time.
I set all 25ish up at the same time a couple months back. Does it cause a huge headache pushing apps to all those devices it once? Store side it worked fine and was pretty quick.

Typically it can brick some or all of the devices if you do too many at a time. It does depends on your stores internet connection (which is getting slightly better for most stores). It can cause strain on the chain of too many devices are being staged at once
That makes sense. The only issue I had was one of them came with zero target software. Just the basic android operating system.

It looks like they just updated it on half our devices the same day they moved mywork but it caused half of the devices to not work because it makes you select a store to continue and half of them can’t locate any stores. It’s dumb but I use my personal phone 9/10 times because it’s way quicker and I find its better woth searching than the android version of target
Wait they did? Literally none of ours have the newest version. They all have the same 5 month old version

@mobilelady

A feature that I see missing from 2.0 and previous version is the option to print regular or on sale signs for 7x11 and 4x11. For ex. If the product is on sale this week, it will automatically print the on sale price not the regular price that I need. The only way around it is if I select a sign from a previous week and hope that it is regular price for that week.

Our store got 20 new zebras about a month ago, bringing our total to 40. Now when I get there at 6:30 I can hardly ever find a zebra. A TL today told me we have less than 15. I don't understand how my store loses 25 zebras and nobody cares. Like shouldn't that be a serious AP issue? I just wish people would stop being selfish or careless so the rest of us could do our jobs. I also wish our management would get off their asses and do something about the problem or I wish they would have been smart enough to try to prevent it in the first place.

Our store got 20 new zebras about a month ago, bringing our total to 40. Now when I get there at 6:30 I can hardly ever find a zebra. A TL today told me we have less than 15. I don't understand how my store loses 25 zebras and nobody cares. Like shouldn't that be a serious AP issue? I just wish people would stop being selfish or careless so the rest of us could do our jobs. I also wish our management would get off their asses and do something about the problem or I wish they would have been smart enough to try to prevent it in the first place.
they're prolly not lost just hidden some place so the "owner" can get one and in the process screw over every one else

I suspect the move team isn't the main beneficiary of the cart scanning. The feature is very useful for RevLog and RevLogPulls so we can locate and mark IR batches without the old paperwork.
Wrong that option is not available if i pull in revlogpull I can only do the pulls so once my batch is done either you release the cart or start a new batch. Once the batch is complete there is no way to know which cart is it in. That unless if you stage it and label it.
The scanning the label is not really productive or efficient since you can’t be two people in one batch

Wrong that option is not available if i pull in revlogpull I can only do the pulls so once my batch is done either you release the cart or start a new batch. Once the batch is complete there is no way to know which cart is it in. That unless if you stage it and label it.
The scanning the label is not really productive or efficient since you can’t be two people in one batch

Proprely scanning to a cart in RevLogPulls updates the cart status in RevLog once you finish the batch. If any items were pulled, RevLog will show something like Ready to Ship SHPAQ. If not, it shows just Ready to Ship. Not super useful to whoever pulls the batch, but very nice for whoever then processes the batch in RevLog.

Back