MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

We're not that clever. When you login, gatekeeper defers to ID2 (ping is dead, hooray), ID2 forces expiration after 8h (they are changing it to 9 at some point, not sure when, I'll check). If you logout, gatekeeper discards your session and tells id2 you are out. But if you log back in, it's possible id2 gives you back the same 'session' that is going to expire 8h from when you first logged in. We could run some tests to try n see what is actually happening there if that's interesting to anyone. You probably could faster than I could :)
That would be cool. I think something like that is definitely happening because it definitely still expires 8 hours from when I first logged in. Tons of TMs work 8.5 hour shifts so 9 hours would be awesome.

We're not that clever. When you login, gatekeeper defers to ID2 (ping is dead, hooray), ID2 forces expiration after 8h (they are changing it to 9 at some point, not sure when, I'll check). If you logout, gatekeeper discards your session and tells id2 you are out. But if you log back in, it's possible id2 gives you back the same 'session' that is going to expire 8h from when you first logged in. We could run some tests to try n see what is actually happening there if that's interesting to anyone. You probably could faster than I could :)
I’d be happy to help in any way I can in solving the “opening a new app mid session requires a login” bug.

Couldn't find the backroom thread so here goes.

Is it true that POG batches take time to propagate? In that you should wait 10-15 or so minutes between dropping the batch and beginning to pull it?

I've noticed when pulling batches for SPLs that after I've pulled and pushed the batch, I can go through the outs and shoot an EXF for product that is correctly located in the BR but for some reason didn't come out in the POG batch. However if I wait a bit between dropping the batch and pulling this tends to happen less, or with less items correctly stowed but not pulled in the POG batch.

I swear I saw one of the devs on here say that batches can take some time to fill.

Couldn't find the backroom thread so here goes.

Is it true that POG batches take time to propagate? In that you should wait 10-15 or so minutes between dropping the batch and beginning to pull it?

I've noticed when pulling batches for SPLs that after I've pulled and pushed the batch, I can go through the outs and shoot an EXF for product that is correctly located in the BR but for some reason didn't come out in the POG batch. However if I wait a bit between dropping the batch and pulling this tends to happen less, or with less items correctly stowed but not pulled in the POG batch.

I swear I saw one of the devs on here say that batches can take some time to fill.
This is a known issue. Ever since the software update about 3-4 years ago, the SFQ does not update the way it should. I have personally tested it many different ways and still can't quite figure out what's wrong. Can anyone else jump in and say their 2 cents about what they think is happening at their store other than "The System is totally jacked!"🙄🤬

Last edited:
This is a known issue. Ever since the software update about 3-4 years ago, the SFQ does not update the way it should. I have personally tested it many different ways and still can't quite figure out what's wrong. Can anyone else jump in and say their 2 cents about what they think ir's happening at their store other than "The System is totally jacked!"🙄🤬

Ah I haven't thought to look into what the system thinks is on the floor. Sometimes this happens with product that only has a location on that SPL. Even then, I almost always pull to capacity unless it's a revision, which should pull all items regardless of what the system thinks SFQ is currently.

Yes, you should wait about 19/15 minutes before pulling a of batch. The issue with why it doesn't all come out at first, Is that when you drop a batch right after tying, the system still hasn't updated every item to it's new location and capacity. Waiting that ten minutes should have everything updated.

Items can be in multiple batches at once, they will drop out of other batches if your start or complete a different batch that fulfills your Sales floor need
Here's the issues that has been happening at my store.
1. I'm told to communicate to the autofill pullers in the morning as to what is setting for the day so they can pull that fill group first so my batch/product does not fall into the morning auto fill.
2. There are times my batch/product falls into the OOS batches for that fill group as well so the batch I'm trying to create is smaller.

In theory yes the product I need should be created in a batch for me to pull as long as the product is located in the backroom but it seems that something is still wrong.

Take for example, Chemical planograms (Not Salesplans) that set this week. We have waited to tie/batch until the aisle is completely set, then went to pull the batch but only filled in half. The other half still has to be pulled by shooting EXF's on the empty locations. The empty locations in EXF show backroom locations. Soooo why did it not pull in the first batch?

Our dilemma is that we get blamed for making product drop into either the autos, CAF's or even OOS batches. Something is wrong or my store is just royally screwed up with the push/fill/backstock process. I personally feel the set time given on the adjacency calendar is not enough to fix what's obviously an issue with getting freight from the back to fill the floor for the guest.

And then there's a whole other issue of it pulling more than what can fit. I'll save that rant for another day.

@taytay do you know anything about the new chrome work stations were getting? It says Sign and label PC and cash office will be removed and not replaced. I understand cash office because of the recyclers but does that mean receiving won’t have a computer?

@taytay do you know anything about the new chrome work stations were getting? It says Sign and label PC and cash office will be removed and not replaced. I understand cash office because of the recyclers but does that mean receiving won’t have a computer?
Google better be generous enough of them after they slashed our windows computers down to ONE.... Just like when they moved att to a back endcap for a year and we suddenly got Verizon SIM cards in the myDevice

When I first log into my Zebra in the morning I usually check MPM or whatever it it's called to see how sales were the previous day. Today when I logged in I noticed I had access to the Payroll section. I didn't have time to look at it but it was there. After having to restart my device due to app issues, I noticed the Payroll section was gone again. Any idea why it would have showed up in the first place? I checked to make sure MPM didn't think anyone else was logged in but it had my info

If we are removing all the windows computers, how do we run the printer setup software or is that not going to be a thing anymore?

You already can base configure printers without a workstation and change the 01xx number as well.
How do we change PRT01 numbers without a computer? there's one that's duplicated at my store that no one cares enough to fix and it keeps ending up at GS and we keep having issues

And will it warn you if that number is already in use?

Last edited:
Here's the issues that has been happening at my store.
1. I'm told to communicate to the autofill pullers in the morning as to what is setting for the day so they can pull that fill group first so my batch/product does not fall into the morning auto fill.
2. There are times my batch/product falls into the OOS batches for that fill group as well so the batch I'm trying to create is smaller.

In theory yes the product I need should be created in a batch for me to pull as long as the product is located in the backroom but it seems that something is still wrong.

Take for example, Chemical planograms (Not Salesplans) that set this week. We have waited to tie/batch until the aisle is completely set, then went to pull the batch but only filled in half. The other half still has to be pulled by shooting EXF's on the empty locations. The empty locations in EXF show backroom locations. Soooo why did it not pull in the first batch?

Our dilemma is that we get blamed for making product drop into either the autos, CAF's or even OOS batches. Something is wrong or my store is just royally screwed up with the push/fill/backstock process. I personally feel the set time given on the adjacency calendar is not enough to fix what's obviously an issue with getting freight from the back to fill the floor for the guest.

And then there's a whole other issue of it pulling more than what can fit. I'll save that rant for another day.
It would really just fix it if the POG fill wouldn't drop into a CAF that's currently in the system. Like, if the 6am CAFs dropped in, then we tie a POG at 6:15am, it shouldn't try to drop those items into a CAF until 1pm or whenever the next scheduled batch is. Today was an absolute shitshow when my store tried to set mini seasonal, since that has stuff from the SEA, GRCY/SNCK, HOME, and a bunch of other fillgroups, and of course it was a truck day, so pulling CAFs didn't happen until around 11. :rolleyes:

You can go in and change the Legacy Store Number or something in the printer settings, youll find it. It will change PRT01XX, the number has to be 40 or below.

It would really just fix it if the POG fill wouldn't drop into a CAF that's currently in the system. Like, if the 6am CAFs dropped in, then we tie a POG at 6:15am, it shouldn't try to drop those items into a CAF until 1pm or whenever the next scheduled batch is. Today was an absolute shitshow when my store tried to set mini seasonal, since that has stuff from the SEA, GRCY/SNCK, HOME, and a bunch of other fillgroups, and of course it was a truck day, so pulling CAFs didn't happen until around 11. :rolleyes:
Since the new software rollout, I probably have tried all the possible ways to tie a planogram to see what the system does. You name the situation and we have tried. For example, yes you would think that once the autofills have dropped into the system you could safely tie your planogram and create a batch but that doesn't work. Unless the fill group is pulled for that planogram, some of your product will be added into the autofill no matter what. The system does not differentiate what is for your pog or for the autofill, it just adds it to fill the floor. Or you batch doesn't get created and it drops into an existing OOS batch. Since we are DBO I started to teach the transitions team to look in the MOVE app before creating a pog fill to see what's in there. We've gotten pretty good to but still the answer eludes us as to why it creates tiny batches and we still have to do 2-3 EXF pulls to fill the planogram.

Not likely for a while.
You might be able to check at https://mytime.target.com

That site is just as bad as Kronos right now. One of the many problems with Kronos is that it can't connect to that server. I just checked the site directly. Got a 400 error.

Target.com/myschedule works better, but it's been having a lot of problems lately too. Sometimes it won't load at all.

I like the look of that site... if it worked (status code 400).... I hope they get it working then phase out the ugly t.com/myschedule

I actually like how simple and straight forward it is. Easier to view my whole week schedule on one page. If only it worked when I needed it. I wouldn't say it's ugly, but it's not pretty either.

At least it's not like Kronos designed in the early 2000 😂

Last edited:
I never go a day without profusely sweating because the myCheckout fucked up and I was nervous. TIL: If you cancel using a gift card in the myCheckout it will show as empty on the actual register.

I never go a day without profusely sweating because the myCheckout fucked up and I was nervous. TIL: If you cancel using a gift card in the myCheckout it will show as empty on the actual register.

the giftcard will reload within a few hours, definitely by the next day

the giftcard will reload within a few hours, definitely by the next day
I was able to use the gift cards again on the myCheckout, but only on the myCheckout. Had to just close the app and start all over. Then the receipt didn't print. Had to run around and find someone with another printer. 🙃

I was able to use the gift cards again on the myCheckout, but only on the myCheckout. Had to just close the app and start all over. Then the receipt didn't print. Had to run around and find someone with another printer. 🙃
Do you mean mobile checkout? Mycheckout (save the sale online) doesn’t print receipts.

Back