MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I was able to use the gift cards again on the myCheckout, but only on the myCheckout. Had to just close the app and start all over. Then the receipt didn't print. Had to run around and find someone with another printer. šŸ™ƒ

it wouldn't work on a register because the funds are being held by the mycheckout app, but eventually that would time out and the funds would be released back to the giftcard (it wouldn't work if you tried to use it on .com either)

Do you mean mobile checkout? Mycheckout (save the sale online) doesnā€™t print receipts.
Itā€™s the Mycheckout app. Only was called something different when they were separate apps. The my checkout app consists of ā€œpurchase items in storeā€ and ā€œpurchase items on target.comā€

it wouldn't work on a register because the funds are being held by the mycheckout app, but eventually that would time out and the funds would be released back to the giftcard (it wouldn't work if you tried to use it on .com either)
Suspend the transaction On the myCheckout. Then use a different mycheckout to complete the transaction. If you are using an in store purchase.

Itā€™s the Mycheckout app. Only was called something different when they were separate apps. The my checkout app consists of ā€œpurchase items in storeā€ and ā€œpurchase items on target.comā€
Yes, mobile checkout. I forgot the combined name was mycheckout now, my bad

I'd need a firmware version and/or printer hostname to investigate further

EDIT:
I'm also being told that if a printer is on ZPL (NO STAR) the advanced button will not work. (Zebra Design)
I'm also being told that sometimes when you print from myDevice, depending on the app used it might change some settings for that print but retain them going forward, so the quickest fix should be switch to a different role and back to ZPL*.
But re configuring should fix it so i'll keep digging.
Iā€™ve got 2 printers with firmware SP68-004579CP03 both under ZPL* with different results. Printer A is used 18 hours a day for OPU. The advance button never works under ZPL* mode. Printer B is used from opening til 3 or 4pm. It used to be under EZPrint but changed to ZPL* mode two weeks ago. Printer Bā€™s advance button works under the ZPL* mode currently. Pressing the advance button three times on both printers prints the printer ID.

Where do you find the hostname?

Why can't they figure out the original price when printing 4x11 signs? The sale and original sign print (which is also a problem) but the price for the original sign is the sale price. Which if someone accidentally puts up it shows the wrong expatiation date of the sale. (January 1) Also a big waste of TV wall paper they never send šŸ˜’

Last edited:
Why can't they figure out the original price when printing 4x11 signs? The sale and original sign print (which is also a problem) but the price for the original sign is the sale price. Which if someone accidentally puts up it shows the wrong expatiation date of the sale. (January 1) Also a big waste of TV wall paper they never send šŸ˜’
Signing computer, then search under hq signs. Type in dpci & hit search. It will say white 4 by 11 & print it.

I had this issue, today - while backstocking.

I think I rebooted my Zebra 4-5x today.
Yup itā€™s been going problem because we have time to wait for it reboot every 2 hours if that. Sometimes it makes you do that if your working faster then your device or if there are too many applications open.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I keep forgetting to bring it up, it's been happening for... a month, maybe? I'm running into a weird bug in myWork where I'll scan something, and maybe 30 seconds later it will like... take all the data from the item scan, turn it into text, and search for that, and say "No results for... (lots of stuff about the item)". Anything I can do about this? I should have grabbed a pic of it before now, I will try to remember.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I keep forgetting to bring it up, it's been happening for... a month, maybe? I'm running into a weird bug in myWork where I'll scan something, and maybe 30 seconds later it will like... take all the data from the item scan, turn it into text, and search for that, and say "No results for... (lots of stuff about the item)". Anything I can do about this? I should have grabbed a pic of it before now, I will try to remember.
Itā€™s been doing the same thing to me for about that long. Usually every time I switch from one of the sub apps in myWork or toggle between ePick.

Didn't MyWork once allow you to make multiples of the same label? I recall it asking "how many more" or something to that effect. We date/barcode incoming fruits & veggies, and it's tiring hitting labels->other options->barcode & date a shitload of times when 8 cases of strawberries, clementines etc come in.

@mobileFellow taytay was 100% right about the sign in bug. Itā€™s appsthat are running in the background, when launched, trigger a new sign in prompt after the first 30 mins of first sign in. This could totally be solved by force quitting all apps when a mydevice is placed on a charger, and that may help with performance too.

Also, audit and other apps keep ā€œstealingā€ the scanner. So annoying when suddenly you canā€™t scan.

@mobileFellow taytay was 100% right about the sign in bug. Itā€™s appsthat are running in the background, when launched, trigger a new sign in prompt after the first 30 mins of first sign in. This could totally be solved by force quitting all apps when a mydevice is placed on a charger, and that may help with performance too.

Also, audit and other apps keep ā€œstealingā€ the scanner. So annoying when suddenly you canā€™t scan.
I just quit all the apps before I log in for the day

Back