MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

How do you feel about:
1. Activate ALL
2. Print all (prints the exact # you need - may end up with extras, may have to manually print a few more)
3. Apply the tickets printed as you find the items

The blind bag toys are usually 2.99-4.99 each but the one the child had was on clearance for so long that it had gone salvage. You probably overcharged her at 2.00 but if she was happy with that then all is good.
Nope. I’ve worked on Price Accuracy for several years now and was trained by someone who’s done it for two decades. They were a Price TL back when that was a position, and they were working so I partnered with them (after the fact, to see what else I could have done).

I scanned the item with my phone in the Target app and it said See Store For Price. I scanned it with the Zebra and it showed no price. It was just blank. Not a 0.00 Price, didn’t say Discontinued, didn’t say salvage, not did it have the screen for NOF or Not Sold at this Location. It just had nothing there. I tapped to view the logistics information to see when it was delivered or a POG it had set on, and it had some information there but nothing I could have used.

When it came down to it I had a guest going theough SCO to avoid a wait, trying to buy a product we sold that unfortunately didn’t have a price, and I had a moment to make a decision. So I did. We cannot empower TMs to make decisions and then tell them all of the ways it was wrong. I used all of the tools in my box to make it right and in the end the guest was happy, inventory was accurate (the DPCI was working), and I do not regret my decision for even an instant.

I did write the DPCi down and submit a mySupport for it, so the pricing issue could be resolved.

How does it work in the new pricing if you find an old salvage item and want to salvage it, not defect it (since that affects your store's defect metrics)?

Can you still choose Salvage, Donate, or Toss?

They claim there is no bug. I also just loaded up the app as well to an item that had 4 locations.
I was able to activate one location, was directed back to the 'main screen' of that item's task and if i scanned the item again was prompted to go to the next location.
Unless i'm misunderstanding I do not see an issue.

I'll give it a try again Monday, but I swear I tried everything under the sun to get those second locations to activate too.

What do you mean by 'main screen'? Like the screen with the aisles listed? When I scan an item with dual locations, it activates the first location (even if I swipe to the second first) and then prompts to the second location to activate, even if it is a different aisle. I tried typing in the OH count for the second location. Nothing. Zero, still nothing. Stays on that second location and will not activate and move to the next location. To go to the next location, I've had to back out to the aisle list and select the next location to continue on.

How does it work in the new pricing if you find an old salvage item and want to salvage it, not defect it (since that affects your store's defect metrics)?

Can you still choose Salvage, Donate, or Toss?

Yes, the prompts are still the same.

This was the screen I meant when I said 'main'.

On this screen it's waiting for a UPC to be scanned, or a DPCI to be keyed.
Apparently you also have to have a printer connected to even activate.

View attachment 8607

Ok. With a printer connected from this screen, I've definitely tried scanning the item again and also tried tapping activate & entering both a number or zero and neither have worked. But if I wait until the following day I can activate a second location.

Guarantee you the item in this screen shot will still be waiting for me to activate Monday because of how many locations it has, lol. I'm not the only one at my store to have this come up either so I don't think it's just something I am missing/misunderstanding. But, like I said, I will try again!

@taytay do you know if we’ll ever get last selling price for missed salv in mywork? Also, will POS ever be able to auto defect missed salv again? It used to be if you returned or sort stuffed a missed salv item it would print a ticket automatically that said missed salvage. Not anymore.

Unsure.
Assuming I'm looking at the same thing the myDevice does, last selling price doesn't appear to be available after an item is activated as salvage.
I don't know about POS as I don't have any contact with their teams.
That one should probably be a mySupport or a CSC call as they'd (ideally) route it to the the appropriate pos team.
The last selling price used to be available in price change app/mywork 1.0 after an item was marked as salvaged, so I don’t know why they can’t add it to 2.0??

CSCs default answer for any POS bugs is “wait for new pos” so that’s definitely not happening.

The structure of how data is transferred between stores and hq has drastically changed between old price change and the new one. There probably is the possibility that it could be shown but I'm just not familiar with how it all works together.
Fair enough but there must be a way to access the last price the item sold for, or even showing the regular price would be better than nothing

I was responsible for printing and working the Drastic Change Count Report when I was Instocks. If you did it everyday as routine, you would have no more than 3 items a day to check out. Except for the weeks leading up to Black Friday when door Buster's would come in but be stowed unlocated in steel. It was pretty easy to figure out what they were based on the large number of on hands and delivery date. I always make it a point now to look for the Drastic Change alert when I enter a quantity and once I am done my audits, double check the drastic change page to make sure I got them all. Most of the new people don't know how to even audit correctly and have no idea about drastics.
Drastic change?? Are you saying there's a procedure to correct a count that was accidentally entered wrong in the zebra? This happens with Pulls on the move app when I've gone to fast and already hit the enter button.
I've been trying to figure out how products end up showing some on hand and also showing a quantity with no back location.
Our inventory count has gotten so much worse over the last few months.

Drastic change?? Are you saying there's a procedure to correct a count that was accidentally entered wrong in the zebra? This happens with Pulls on the move app when I've gone to fast and already hit the enter button.
I've been trying to figure out how products end up showing some on hand and also showing a quantity with no back location.
Our inventory count has gotten so much worse over the last few months.

The "some" on hand was just someones stupid idea. Some departments like bullseye playground and just some items seemingly at random will show up as "some". And when it's in the pulls it asks you to pull 8243 of them and then has the audacity to ask if you pulled them all.

While I'm 100% not familiar with how new price change works so I can't recommend a real 'fix', if you find yourself in a bad state like this, click the square icon while you're in the pricing app and swipe it away.

-- Another thing I'm seeing on Workbench is that if you're talking about seasonal PLU items (i unfortunately cannot remember if BTS is PLU or not), they will auto-activate to the new price.
If you search 'Price Change 2.0' and click that page on Workbench it has a good chunk of info about the new processes.

Thanks @taytay I'll check out the info on WorkBench. BTS has some PLU and some hard ticket clearance. PLU is activating automatically, but we have noticed that while in PC if you scan a PLU item it prompts to print a ticket which it didn't do before. This could confuse a lot of people and make for unnecessary work when it should default to just saying PLU clearance item.

The "some" on hand was just someones stupid idea. Some departments like bullseye playground and just some items seemingly at random will show up as "some". And when it's in the pulls it asks you to pull 8243 of them and then has the audacity to ask if you pulled them all.

“some” happens you scan an item in move in a backroom location but the item isn’t located there

also certain departments such as BP, and some bulk where it wouldn’t make sense to count the eaches being backstocked

move is asking you for a specific number because that’s what it needs on the floor, and then it’s asking you if you pulled it all because it doesn’t know how many are back there.

“some” happens you scan an item in move in a backroom location but the item isn’t located there

also certain departments such as BP, and some bulk where it wouldn’t make sense to count the eaches being backstocked

move is asking you for a specific number because that’s what it needs on the floor, and then it’s asking you if you pulled it all because it doesn’t know how many are back there.
I think some is stupid for anything other than pipo/bulk

It's stupid for everything. Even for bulk/pipo product, how is keeping an accurate count of product not a good thing?
Because its not keeping a count. Pipo makes sense since it is just pallet spaces. It allows you to push a couple packs here and there without having to worry about updating the location

I get the "some" prompt sometimes, and I don't work in any of those areas.
While pulling? If it’s not one of those departments it means it was a baffle. Essentially something that wasn’t located and when someone else was pulling they scanned that item so Mywork knows there’s “some” of that item in that location but doesn’t know how many.

While pulling and backstocking... "Did you take them all?"

Throws me off, but then I remember that I have random items that are "some" in the stock room.

I legit have random items that are "some" in the stock room, not due to errors.

Back