MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

If the devices allow us to customize our screens (in other words, certain apps are on your first page)... then these could be great. If they are just a default list of apps and you have to scroll down pages to do shit, it'll be awful.

From what I have heard, it will all be one app, then all of the functions in that one app.

I'd rather it all be separate apps. They're easy to scroll through on the home screen (swipe, swipe). Plus, if everything was all in one app, it would probably be super slow and crash all the time like the Target app (at least in my experience).

it is all controlled by one app.. but theres also cartwheel and target.com available on it also. right now there is access to other apps, like the weather and you can play music on them etc.. i cant imagine they will let that continue though. The app you use is called MyWork and when you open it.. after you sign on with your workbench id and pw. your main screen has a bar code and says scan. once you scan something for instance an item or a pog header you can do whatever from there. theres still a lot of kinks.. when you tie pogs they dont show up as being tied on the pog report.. you cant drop new pog fills.. and logistics cant use it yet for anything. O pricing cant either but should be soon.

it is all controlled by one app.. but theres also cartwheel and target.com available on it also. right now there is access to other apps, like the weather and you can play music on them etc.. i cant imagine they will let that continue though. The app you use is called MyWork and when you open it.. after you sign on with your workbench id and pw. your main screen has a bar code and says scan. once you scan something for instance an item or a pog header you can do whatever from there. theres still a lot of kinks.. when you tie pogs they dont show up as being tied on the pog report.. you cant drop new pog fills.. and logistics cant use it yet for anything. O pricing cant either but should be soon.

The Weather App should be allowed to stay. No reason to remove it.

So you have to sign in with your workbench ID and password? not just the ID? I guess now that it is a nice keyboard, it won't be all that bad.

Agreed on the weather app. It would be nice to have it in case of weather warnings, like tornado or wildfire. I hate being the operator and having to run the radio because we have an ancient weather radio and we're under a tornado watch. I'm not even sure if the weather alerts are configured properly.

yeah workbench id. theres two different sign ins.. one is your store number then when you click mywork... you have to enter workbench id and pw.

I hope they can get all the kinks worked out. It would be nice to have these for every workcenter to use and use these and no bulky PDAs. I have generally mixed feelings about them. Torn between what I've used for 3 years and something new and shiny that could be atrocious...

good point with the weather.
And if it has the Emergency Alerts like any other Apple devices and there are tornadoes in the area, be prepared for every iPod to start wailing... which would not be a bad thing, I'm just saying. Mine scared the mess out of me when my iPhone went off one time.

lol trust me the more you use them the more you like them but for the salesfloor they are most beneficial .. its nice to be able to click on the target.com app and look something up... or pull up the current ad and click on an item and it gives you the location in the store.

So you have to sign in with your workbench ID and password? not just the ID? I guess now that it is a nice keyboard, it won't be all that bad.

PDAs already require that if you sign in under a lot of workcenters. I have to do it when I sign in as a GSA (or what I usually sign in as, which is FF TM and GSTL).

GSA/GSTL and flexible fulfillment TM roles require a password. Exec ID requires a password.

And if it has the Emergency Alerts like any other Apple devices and there are tornadoes in the area, be prepared for every iPod to start wailing... which would not be a bad thing, I'm just saying. Mine scared the mess out of me when my iPhone went off one time.

That feature goes through Verizon, Sprint, etc so it won't work on Wifi-only devices.

We have ipods to scan the registries. No one was trained on them. They are not connected to the internet and we cannot access the home page. So basically they are paperweights.

We have ipods to scan the registries. No one was trained on them. They are not connected to the internet and we cannot access the home page. So basically they are paperweights.
I'm assuming that was mySupported?

That feature goes through Verizon, Sprint, etc so it won't work on Wifi-only devices.
Did not know that... I learned something today! ;)

I see. With the ipod for the registries, is any one else having problems with them constantly going offline? We had to break open a sealed box to get the old ones out because a guest was having troubles!

We still have the old ones and they work less than half the time. I have been asking if guests have a smart phone and advising them to use it for their registries.

From what I've heard, our registry devices have been offline the entire time, and we no longer have the old registry PDAs. Just fantastic.

From what I've heard, our registry devices have been offline the entire time, and we no longer have the old registry PDAs. Just fantastic.
Our SFT had them sealed up and ready to ship out. We went to his office and broke open the box.

Back