MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

To scan research, you can go into my work, hit the < icon, select research and scan the item. There's a button that says something like update counts. Hit that and you can either enter how many eaches are in that location, or you can swipe over to the "get more" spot and enter in how many you want from the back. What's nice is that on this screen you have visibility of the on hands, capacity, and backroom quantity. "Get more" (which can also be accessed by pushing the fill from stockroom button on the default myWork screen) works like an exf. As far as I can tell, there is not really a stand alone outs function.

One of my favorite things about the new devices is that on the "buy xx selected items, get xx free" deals, you can scan any item that is part of that deal, click the link above the price that says buy/get promo, and it will give you a list of the eligible items that you have to buy and a list of the items that you get for free. I've made it my mission to make sure everyone at guest service and every GSTL/GSA (and the sales floor I guess) knows about this function. I haven't tested this on any gift card deals - I haven't come across one this week, which is odd in and off itself - but I hope it works on that too.

In all of the playing I did with my work today, nothing I scanned showed a picture of the item.

If you go to the "find somewhere else" button, it will open up the other store inventory page and the top pick is (See on Target.com) and it will link right to that page...

Thank you for this! Sadly, I tried this today at work, and when it tried to link to that page, all I got was the spinning icon, and eventually it told me it couldn't load. But that was likely thanks to the Cracker Jack people who run the stellar target.com website.

One of my favorite things about the new devices is that on the "buy xx selected items, get xx free" deals, you can scan any item that is part of that deal, click the link above the price that says buy/get promo, and it will give you a list of the eligible items that you have to buy and a list of the items that you get for free. I've made it my mission to make sure everyone at guest service and every GSTL/GSA (and the sales floor I guess) knows about this function. I haven't tested this on any gift card deals - I haven't come across one this week, which is odd in and off itself - but I hope it works on that too.
this times a million. i knew price inquiry gives more details than the pda, but its generic. ok here's a dpci. you can't tell the guest to search for a dpci in the store.

though it'd really be nice if guests want a free item and expect we hand them to them. no, you get it and purchase it together its free. had one guest who wanted a free tote bag from the diet coke promotion. insisted on checking out then. fine. need to find a salesfloor to find it. ok, i need to do this in one transaction, no i'm not sliding my card again because you hold the funds twice. ended up couponing it out but at least i know its all signed "must be purchased in one transaction"

the worst? people who can't read properly signed offers. we're super busy, and i've had people i trust check out the signing previously during the week. i look like a jerk because i explain that the promotion is x, and we've checked the signs. we can send someone over there to meet you and leave it at that and i have to walk off if they say no.

So the ETL-GE is the point person for all of this, and they are to select a few device captains...I can't remember the exact name...to have point people who are knowledgable about the devices that people can ask questions of, etc.

So today I had a question...I walked in the TSC and asked the ETL-GE and two of his device people if there was a way that I could scan items and make a list out of them, so I knew what I had just scanned...for filling my movie endcap and the checklane. They said they didn't know, and I mentioned they should pass that along.

I fiddled around with the device for a little longer, and discovered that a good way to do that is to just scan the items, and then there is an option to show the items you've recently scanned...which basically is the list I need to make without writing it down anymore.

I went back into the TSC to show them that, and they were super impressed. The ETL told me he should have made me a device captain. Upon hearing that, one of the device captains (an LOD who hasn't had a chance to play with the device yet and was hoping I would give him a run through on what I knew), clapped his hands and said on that note he was bowing out to me.

Oy.
thanks for the tip, but have you read the requirements for digital assistant? they will not got additional training, pay or anything. its depending on work schedule, passion for electronics (suggests electronics team members) and comfort with ios. you will be talking in huddles.

Yeah, I read all of that. If that's what my ETL-GE wants, it doesn't bother me at all. I fiddle around with things and answer questions all the time, so it wouldn't be much different.

To scan research, you can go into my work, hit the < icon, select research and scan the item. There's a button that says something like update counts. Hit that and you can either enter how many eaches are in that location, or you can swipe over to the "get more" spot and enter in how many you want from the back. What's nice is that on this screen you have visibility of the on hands, capacity, and backroom quantity. "Get more" (which can also be accessed by pushing the fill from stockroom button on the default myWork screen) works like an exf. As far as I can tell, there is not really a stand alone outs function.

That is the problem we are not allowed to shoot exf batches. Our STL is very much let the system work. BS, I know.

That is the problem we are not allowed to shoot exf batches. Our STL is very much let the system work. BS, I know.
EXF can really screw some thing's up if not executed properly, so I understand your STLs reasoning.

My store has had the iPods for about two weeks now. I've had occasion to play with them as Flow and Plano.

The thing I like most is that, right now, running the older PDAs and iPods in parallel, we actually have sufficient devices for our team members.

In general, I like the new iPods. There are a lot of corners I don't poke around in much, but I've found the new toys mostly useful. The big drawback, as many have mentioned, is that they don't do backroom functions yet.

On the plus side, the interface is pretty useful. Again, others have mentioned it, but the iPods tend to give you *much* better visibility on all related information you'd like to see.

You have to log into them using your Workbench credentials. Alphanumeric input is kind of a pain, but if you're reasonably active on the device throughout your shift, you should probably only have to log in once at the start. But you may have to provide an unlock code multiple times throughout your shift, which is a little painful.

Even if you haven't been idle long enough to need to give the code to unlock the device, it still feels a little slow under sporadic use. Draw the device, hit the home button, wait a second for the screen to wake up, swipe to unlock, wait a couple seconds for myWork to come into focus, wait another five seconds for the optics on the sled to wake up so you can scan. I don't know iOS or the sled interface enough to know whether there's anything that can be done about this, but it would be great if they could shave off some of that down time. It's certainly not the end of the world, but it's annoying, and multiplied across the company, might be enough wasted time to notice.

Still, I'm generally bullish on them, overall.

There are hints of Backroom functions to come. Scan a Backroom label and you get the option to see what's in that location. Of course, it's broken and doesn't show what's in the location, but where the items would show up appre to have sub menus that will have other options for those items.

So, now that I've read the entire thread...are pa's using both an iPod and pda every day? Order days I often have to qmos, sto, subt and order but right now I can't do all that on the iPod, correct?

So, now that I've read the entire thread...are pa's using both an iPod and pda every day? Order days I often have to qmos, sto, subt and order but right now I can't do all that on the iPod, correct?
correct
Lol, my one pa is gonna fight this tooth and nail. and the rest of the team will fight us having three or more handheld devices at a time...ugh.

So far I've just stuck with the PDA. Way too many things I need to do as a PA in RF apps. I might try to order on an ipod tomorrow just out of curiosity though

Does anyone know if there is a way to look up the last selling price of an item that has gone missed salvage on an iPod? When you just scan the item, it shows 0.00 with the full price under (over?) it.

I am not sure if you can do that on these. I am assuming it is for use at SD for selling an item that has gone missed salvage? I do think that would be a great addition though

Ugh, hadn't realized that yet, but yes, if this means we now return missed salvage items at full value rather than last clearanced price before going D-code that will not fly.

Everything I've scanned that was missed salvage shows the last selling price under the $0.00. I've only found a few pieces of missed salvage with the new iPods though.

So far I've just stuck with the PDA. Way too many things I need to do as a PA in RF apps. I might try to order on an ipod tomorrow just out of curiosity though
Ordering on the myDevice is SOOOOO much faster! I love it. It is a huge pain to have to carry both myDevice and PDA, though.
Not looking forward to that. PDA and walkie on one hip, myDevice on the other.

We are about one month out for delivery...I'm hoping if I start the discussion about equipment needs before they get here we can get what we need assigned easily. The regular pda makes my wrist hurt if I have to backstock the order and then order so I'm hoping we can snag a current lpda through Q4 as well as a mydevice and another pda/lpda. Our one pa hates the lpda since it's not qwerty and he doesn't like the on screen keyboard, but if he has to get use to a mydevice he might as well use an lpda for the few things he actually pulls and qmos...since he's only on three days.

I shudder in fear every time I hear a TL or ETL in my store talk about "taking equipment for their team". I can see the reasoning for the want to do that, but it's not good for the whole team. In our current equipment distribution the LOD, STL, and GSTL have dedicated LPDAs. I wholly understand the GSTL and LOD needing to have a device on a constant basis, but the STL shouldn't hog a device to themselves.

When we get the MyDevices we will be up to ~50 pieces of equipment for Q4. The biggest crunch time for equipment is around 6-8AM when most of the dayside team shows up. Flow, backroom, price change, and occasionally plano show up at 4. Flow generally doesn't use equipment, backroom currently is still PDA only, and price change is supposed to be on MyDevice so there is no conflict for equipment. Plano should be using MyDevice and even then it can be shared if there is a crunch. Anyone on the salesfloor should be on MyDevice only (I know there are exceptions, but I'm talking about the general SF team).

Adoption will be slow (I've looked at the reports from group A and I'm assuming that we are somewhere around average). We're also getting our phones upgraded to Cisco at the end of the month. Darnit, I'll no longer know how to run operator. :rolleyes:

We got these my devices almost 3 weeks ago but we arent even allowed to use them yet. They said they arent working right and have to wait for the bugs to get worked out.

Back