MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

the iPods are neat. Glorified Item Search, yes. Rather have it than be leashed to a call box scanner. I do question why Flow seems to gobble up the PDAs though. Only to use Item Search or NOP anyways. Just use an iPod and free up PDAs for backroom and other process teams who will use more efficiently.

That's bizarre that your Flow team even uses the PDAs. At my store, we don't use them when we bowl (the schematics are right there on the box), we don't use them when we work stuff off the floor (again, schematics are right there and most of us know where second locations are), and, except for a few of the new hires, we don't use them when we push autofills (again, we know where stuff goes).

I've yet to play with any of the MyDevices yet, but everyone at my store that I've spoken to about them really dislikes them. Bummer, I thought they looks pretty handy.

They use the PDAs for the morning pulls and repacks. It interferes with other teams who come in at 6 or 7 am. They're clearly labeled by work center too. It can be annoying when you shift work centers and need to track down a PDA.

Are stores experiencing issues with trying to update applications via S.A.M and being prompted to enter in an iTunes account password for their assigned store location? Trying to get an idea of how many stores are running across this...

Are stores experiencing issues with trying to update applications via S.A.M and being prompted to enter in an iTunes account password for their assigned store location? Trying to get an idea of how many stores are running across this...
That prompt is happening at my store.

Mine kept randomly logging me out this morning. It wasn't even idle for a significant amount of time. I would go to scan the next item and I'd have to log in again. And one time, my scanner stopped working so I had to re-boot.

Mine kept randomly logging me out this morning. It wasn't even idle for a significant amount of time. I would go to scan the next item and I'd have to log in again. And one time, my scanner stopped working so I had to re-boot.
That seems to be happening a lot lately.

You can just complete sign out of my work by double pressing the button and swiping MyWork up so its conpletely logged off. Then reload and the scanned should work

You can just complete sign out of my work by double pressing the button and swiping MyWork up so its conpletely logged off. Then reload and the scanned should work
closing the app does not sign out. At least at my store. I can even restart and it will still be signed in.

I have to log I a lot... like way more than I feel is reasonable. Redwire also usually quits responding for me after I swap to another app and then back to redwire.

Haven't seen those prompts; although, my store just got our second wave. Our tech updated all of them when he installed the other half of our fleet.

closing the app does not sign out. At least at my store. I can even restart and it will still be signed in.

No but I mean, that's how you fix the scanner

I wish that worked for me. I usually have to reboot.

Redwire works fine for me on the PDA. 9200 doesn't have a scroll bar, so I have to select the text and drag it down. It's nice to get alerts for FF.

I tried that, but it still didn't work, so I had to re-boot.

We have been using the devices for about 2 weeks. It's ironic how they said, there will be lots of PDAs, etc. now because the salesfloor will be using the MyTouch devices. Well, first off I am a PA in Pfresh, the my touch does not work for QMOS, SUBT, STO (coming in 2015), really? Why release if it's not fully functional? On top of that, it's become even more difficult to locate a PDA. Something is totally messed up. Is it just my store?

We've been live for about a month now and as of last week our price change team has switched to MyDevice for 100% of our workload. For those of you who are still mixing equipment for price change, you're increasing your own workload.

Explanation: Scan-through Balloon audits are going away, but if you have a PDA in the mix and they aren't entering aisles that have audits the audits are "skipped" and it looks bad on some report. If you are 100% on MyDevice no audit is registered, so no problem. Our productivity is about the same as before.

I tried that, but it still didn't work, so I had to re-boot.
This works for me sometimes. If that doesn't work then I have to reboot. Going to suck when it does that when I'm with a guest in the madness that is Black Thursday/Friday...

We've been live for about a month now and as of last week our price change team has switched to MyDevice for 100% of our workload. For those of you who are still mixing equipment for price change, you're increasing your own workload.

Explanation: Scan-through Balloon audits are going away, but if you have a PDA in the mix and they aren't entering aisles that have audits the audits are "skipped" and it looks bad on some report. If you are 100% on MyDevice no audit is registered, so no problem. Our productivity is about the same as before.

I try to use the mydevice 100% of the time, but I am just experiencing way too many problems. It runs super slow, i have to log back in every hour, the scanner stops working multiple times and i have to fidget around with it for a couple minutes before it starts working again, softlines clearance takes too long as i cant just scan a whole rack anymore, i have to scan then wait for the ticket to print before scanning the next item, i get that red exclamation point too much (ill be under an aisle and ill hit activate to activate the labels and each time i hit it the exclamation point comes up and i have to go back to the main screen each time) it takes too long to scan the labels in because you have to wait for the dreaded beep each time. i can just zoom on through with the PDA. I hate how the things are listed First/Further/Final under different screen, like i cant just click on a department and see, its all just one jumbled list unless i go to the first/further/final list but each department is seperated and i just hate it. it doesnt tell you a total on how many is in each section, and it still bugs me how Backroom has all the departments listed, like today when I did mens. I finish mens, clear it out, but its still listed under backroom with the original count and i still havent figured out if i am supposed to activate them or just leave them there .. because if i leave them there then my total number for pricing is never 0.
Whewwww, just way too many issues. and it doesnt help that its messing up the score every week. Oh well, i know I am going to have to get used to it, but its slowing me down by a lot

One of the biggest complaints ive seen on the devices are Scanners randomly stop working (reset device, hold HOME+PWR BUTTON)

And application issues (reinstall apps in SAM to fix), and updating issues VIA SAM (can be resolved by Setings > Safari > clear history & website data)

So when I happen to print labels with the iPod the labels are generic with no schematic number, how do I add the schematic number? The PDAs will always have the schematic number. I usually have my labels sent to the Signing PC.

So when I happen to print labels with the iPod the labels are generic with no schematic number, how do I add the schematic number? The PDAs will always have the schematic number. I usually have my labels sent to the Signing PC.
If you hit "See Other Options", on the bottom of that menu (or near there) there should be a label with the schematics listed by Generic Label.

Im not wanting to read everything in this right now so im hoping someone can answer my question. Can I SUBT on the new ipods?

Back