MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

There's no dedicated OUTs/EXF on the MyDevices but all you need to do is scan the label/put in the DCPI (Just go to search, switch the keyboard to numbers and go from there. No need to preface the DCPI with 49 anymore!). Near the middle of the screen it'll tell you how many are on hand and if there's any in the backroom. If there are, tap that and you've got a couple options here. One, it'll ask you how many are at a location; if there's several you can swipe to the location you're at. Put in the quantity and it'll create a batch to fill that location. Or if you just need more pulled? Swipe to "Get More."

While you've been doing this, you should have noticed a blue circle with a number up by the profile icon up top. The number is how many open batches you have. Tap to the profile page and the top will show each batch. To close and drop a batch, just tap the "Close" button. Item batches show up as a "ITM-???" I don't actually remember what the ??? is; fill group maybe? Be sure to let the backroom know you made the batch and all that if you're not going to go back and pull it yourself with a PDA.

At least, I'm pretty sure how it works; I spend most my time in Research mode these days.
Perfect explanation!

Thank you. Is there a way to give the batch a name?
@Circle9 that's funny about me going to the back to pull it myself. My chains don't go that far. I'm tied to the front end.

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but when I was scanning TVs today the mydevice was showing the fillgroup as BELC instead of ELEC.

Thank you. Is there a way to give the batch a name?
@Circle9 that's funny about me going to the back to pull it myself. My chains don't go that far. I'm tied to the front end.
Nope, it creates batch names automatically. Item batches will be as above, label and signs will be based on your name. So John Smith's batches would be JSmi01 or something like that.

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but when I was scanning TVs today the mydevice was showing the fillgroup as BELC instead of ELEC.
Isn't that the fillgroup for TVs and other bulky electronics merchandice?

Are white tickets / labels available yet?
You might need to be a little more specific for me, we can print white signs and shelf labels. In the next version you'll be able to print UPC labels, not sure if that's what you are referring to.@OtherGuy, you are correct ap is referring the to UPC/barcode labels. I would love to see that happen.
Bcode with the date...please. you are the bestest.

I'm not having an issue with qmos or order taking forever. We don't use the order guide, I walk the floor and scan the shelves...small order today abd I was in a rush. Eight minutes to scan through the fifty pieces I needed. I can scan out a shopping cart of yogurt in twenty minutes or less...

...I'm still seeing count issues with a pda and mydevice being used. At least I think I've tracked them to that. Used a pda to backstock today. Well check Saturday and hope numbers are better.

@OtherGuy @UIguy is there a way to print signs for future dates in the works, or is there a way to do it currently? I am asking for my ad prep team member. and Will SIM be on mydevice soon?
When you go to print the signs, there is a show all option. Under that option, when you scroll down, it will show additional signs for future dates.

I don't know if it'll help our tech workers, but my solution for the mydevices when they stop scanning is to pop the ipod out of the sled and back in again. Scanner has worked again every time.

First off thanks everyone for the continued awesome feedback and loving the camaraderie here!

Haven't read through everything, but is there a way to audit defects at the service desk with the My Devices?
Currently there is nothing slated for defectives to be on MyDevice, as I understand the service desk should be able to use the POS for what they need, though I am curious about what you are doing when you're auditing defectives? From everything I can tell looking at the documentation defectives audit doesn't give you any more info than you could get by just reading the text on the label and there are no actions you can take on the PDA. Is there a process that goes along with this or something you can't see on the label? It's also very possible the documentation I have is outdated, hence my confusion.

Bcode with the date...please. you are the bestest.
We will have 3 options, UPC barcode, UPC w/price and UPC w/date coming up here shortly :)

next release includes batch pulls? i heard rumors, though it may just be wishing since we have 5 for our whole store lol

My store got rid of all our pdas now aside from like 8 . Our store an A+ store and we have to ration out our pdas now, food areas get 1 to share, Backroom and overnight get the rest and its still not enough pdas. The mydevices are not anywhere close to the efficiency of a pda, backstock isn't getting done anymore because most have to use mydevice and it takes forever, they don't even work in the coolers at all. pulls take forever because 1/2 the people pulling.

They're okay for sales floor, but they shouldn't be used for logistics.

Last edited:
I back stock everyday with a mydevice. It's easier for me, and just as quick in the coolers. It makes adding expiration dates so much easier. I would bet there's some connectivity or bandwidth issues if it's being slow.

ive not had any problems yet stowing, just the scanner refusing to work after it shuts itself off (after a max of 2 mins wtf is that)
There's that, some peoples fingers are too big they press the wrong buttons, it takes longer to press the buttons too because they are smaller and harder to see and well, not actually buttons. When you have been there for a while and you don't even have to look at your pda anymore when backstocking, you would never be able to do that with a mydevice, I could keep giving ridiculous reasons az to why they're inefficient for logistics but my breaks almost over .

Do y
I back stock everyday with a mydevice. It's easier for me, and just as quick in the coolers. It makes adding expiration dates so much easier. I would bet there's some connectivity or bandwidth issues if it's being slow.
but do you backstock 700 piece truckloads plus whatever freight didn t go out and all of the coolers and feeezers? No. It takes much longer

I back stock in all coolers and freezers. Not to the level you do, but you said they didn't work in the coolers, hence why I replied.

@UIguy @OtherGuy I would love it if we can enter quantities for labels like the PDAs. It takes much longer flexing when it prints one label at a time. I guess the same goes for label batching when tying POGs. It basically creates new batches per POGs tied and it wastes a bit of paper when all ot prints is the POG header, and the two other labels.

next release includes batch pulls? i heard rumors, though it may just be wishing since we have 5 for our whole store lol
We don't have any plans to add batch pull currently. And do you mean you only have 5 PDAs for the whole store? Because that would seem low to me.

My store got rid of all our pdas now aside from like 8 . Our store an A+ store and we have to ration out our pdas now, food areas get 1 to share, Backroom and overnight get the rest and its still not enough pdas. The mydevices are not anywhere close to the efficiency of a pda, backstock isn't getting done anymore because most have to use mydevice and it takes forever, they don't even work in the coolers at all. pulls take forever because 1/2 the people pulling.

They're okay for sales floor, but they shouldn't be used for logistics.

I'm surprised how much these are being used for back stocking as you said it really is supposed to be a sales floor device. That said we should see some scanning speed improvements in the next release.

@UIguy @OtherGuy I would love it if we can enter quantities for labels like the PDAs. It takes much longer flexing when it prints one label at a time. I guess the same goes for label batching when tying POGs. It basically creates new batches per POGs tied and it wastes a bit of paper when all ot prints is the POG header, and the two other labels.
Are you talking about clearance tickets or hazardous salvage tickets by chance? Because the next release should allow you to key in "How many more tickets?" (it will still auto print 1 for you.
For the second are you talking about shelf labels and printing to the portable printer? I'm not sure on that one.

Individual batches for pog ties are a huge waste of label paper, but I can't skip them because they contain price changes on revisions. I end up wasting about 20 sheets worth of sticky labels when printing my batches because the majority of them are just the POG header. When using SFLM all the POGs tied in the same session were in a single batch. As far as I know there is no way to merge all the batches so I spend 10 minutes or more bashing F2 and enter on the keyboard to print every individual batch. Using the portable printer for just the POG headers would be ok, but they look terrible for price changes.

We don't have any plans to add batch pull currently. And do you mean you only have 5 PDAs for the whole store? Because that would seem low to me.

we have 19 mydevices, but only 5 of the huge cannon guns that are capable of pulling pog or caf batches, i should have elaborated to say

Back