MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

My store is still using a pda for pricing. I tried a mydevice a few weeks ago knowing that we'd being doing it eventually but it was so foreign to me, just the pricing function all the other basic stuff I'm great with. Now I've been told pricing isn't working correctly on the mydevice so we're not to use it. So we fight with flow and backroom every morning to get a pda. So should we be using the mydevice? Any tips for me for doing pricing? The other people on my team have never used a mydevice so this will be on me when it's time to switch.

We switched to MyDevice for pricing and it worked fine... maintained a 90% score for us is good.
I tell my team to turn OFF auto print ticket for hardlines, because when you hit print signs and labels and clearance ticket, that counts as T-Ticket and hurts your score. That way you can just key what you see when you are ticketing hardlines.
Keep auto print ON for softlines in my experience works best. First week we didnt know that and got hit hard with Reworks and brought us down to a 67%.

My store is still using a pda for pricing. I tried a mydevice a few weeks ago knowing that we'd being doing it eventually but it was so foreign to me, just the pricing function all the other basic stuff I'm great with. Now I've been told pricing isn't working correctly on the mydevice so we're not to use it. So we fight with flow and backroom every morning to get a pda. So should we be using the mydevice? Any tips for me for doing pricing? The other people on my team have never used a mydevice so this will be on me when it's time to switch.

Pricing works fine on the mydevice, except for the fact that mywork is slow and crashes all the time. It relatively simply to use and the only way you will learn how to use it is to just use it. It works the same way as the PDA, you have your task list. The only difference is that you can scan anything, anytime. You do not have to be under a certain department or aisle. Its way faster in hardlines, but slower in softlines. You cannot just scan one after another on the clearance racks like you could before. You have to scan, wait for the beep, then move on. If you move too fast it wont be able to pick up everything you are doing, so that part sucks.

Has anyone notice that if you do a fill that products are not in pog? I did 14 items on fill & only 2 items came out. They had br locations. Any ideas?
I did pull everything as a take after that.
So where you using Get More? You should be able to view your batch in the options page and verify they are all there and the qtys that will be pulled. You can also close your batch to more quickly send it to the backroom.
Thanks @OtherGuy! I didn't know about the options to changed that.
I request or batch NOP items all you have to do is hit get

Pricing works fine on the mydevice, except for the fact that mywork is slow and crashes all the time. It relatively simply to use and the only way you will learn how to use it is to just use it. It works the same way as the PDA, you have your task list. The only difference is that you can scan anything, anytime. You do not have to be under a certain department or aisle. Its way faster in hardlines, but slower in softlines. You cannot just scan one after another on the clearance racks like you could before. You have to scan, wait for the beep, then move on. If you move too fast it wont be able to pick up everything you are doing, so that part sucks.

I tried ticketing some stuff yesterday that wasn't in the workload and it wouldn't let me print tickets (and one of my team members had the same problem.) what am I/we doing wrong?

I tried ticketing some stuff yesterday that wasn't in the workload and it wouldn't let me print tickets (and one of my team members had the same problem.) what am I/we doing wrong?

I've gotten that problem a few times as well...where the option to "Print CLR Ticket" doesn't pop up. Usually if I scan a few more items and go back to it, it'll be there.

Also, I *think* that if you choose "Print Generic Label", it'll spit out a CLR ticket, since you can't print a shelf label for a CLR item. I believe it's more of a display error than a functionality error.

You have to be connected to the printer first .. so connect to printer than scan the item. If your printer isnt connected first, it will not show up. And also as retailworld said, sometimes you have to scan it two or three times for the option to pop up.

Something that bothers me with the mydevice for pricing..Things only used to pop in if they were negative or positive, not non-existant. Ive killed myself looking for an item before clicking on it and it saying 0OH. Down a hardlines aisle, I know it sends you everywhere anyway.. but it never sent me in softlines in the division looking for an item with a count of zero.. grr..

You have to be connected to the printer first .. so connect to printer than scan the item. If your printer isnt connected first, it will not show up. And also as retailworld said, sometimes you have to scan it two or three times for the option to pop up.

This is what my problem has been.

I still want the option to change label size. It's not too often, but when I need a small/cosmetics label I want to be able to print them. Every signing option is there but nothing for labels, other than what is default to the item.

Last edited:
This is what my problem has been.

I still want the option to change label size. It's not too often, but when I need a small/cosmetics label I want to be able to print them. Every signing option is there but nothing for labels, other than what is default to the item.

If you go to "see all options" after tapping print signs and labels you should see an option for "small label"

If you go to "see all options" after tapping print signs and labels you should see an option for "small label"
Is this for all items or just cosmetics? Because I just looked. I see nothing about small label. Just Generic & system regular large label. He's wanting the same thing I've been wanting since the myDevices came out. To change a regular large label to small/cosmetic if I so choose to without having to go get a PDA to do it with. Or change it to a short label or label with no PP.

Is this for all items or just cosmetics? Because I just looked. I see nothing about small label. Just Generic & system regular large label. He's wanting the same thing I've been wanting since the myDevices came out. To change a regular large label to small/cosmetic if I so choose to without having to go get a PDA to do it with. Or change it to a short label or label with no PP.

It should show up for items that are on a small label type planogram, so yes typically cosmetics. Are there items that should have this option that don't have this option? Or are you suggesting you want it for all items and if so under what situations would you use it? (sorry print isn't my wheelhouse, so I'm not super familiar with everything that goes into it)

It should show up for items that are on a small label type planogram, so yes typically cosmetics. Are there items that should have this option that don't have this option? Or are you suggesting you want it for all items and if so under what situations would you use it? (sorry print isn't my wheelhouse, so I'm not super familiar with everything that goes into it)

It would be nice to be able make a short label batch if I can't get a printer to BCODE things.

Just how bad is everyone's research lag? Every main scanning day, we split up and it takes each of us 2+ hours just to scan our one designated block of aisles.. Ever since the mydevices. My TL keeps doing mysupports for it.
Same at our store. Since I'm new to the process with very little training, I thought it was just me.

I started doing research on the mydevice before all the research apps were taken away from the PDA. When it comes to doing stand alone research, the PDA was much faster than what the mydevice is right now; load the app, scan the item, change the count, wait for prompt vs load my work, switch task to research, scan item, click on update counts, change count, wait for green checkmark. I do like the task list much better because I no longer have to find a pog header to scan when an item has multiple locations.

That being said the mydevice works much faster for research than it did initially because it used to be about 10 seconds for that green checkmark (or red exclamation mark) to appear. It was a nightmare going from PDA to mydevice initially. For me it's about 1-2 seconds for it to clear and I rarely get red exclamation marks.

That being said it's an incredible nuisance that the mydevice will jump around the tasklist if something that has multiple locations is scanned. It should stay on the same aisle until it is manually changed or cleared, not because an item not on that aisle has been scanned.
With my limited training and experience doing instocks, the multiple locations thru me off as I thought I had to go to the other aisle? But alas today I noticed it will show me all the locations for the item, just swipe the locations to get to the aisle you are working?

I agree the scanner is sensitive on them, but would you rather sit there for five minutes trying to get the laser on the 9090 PDAs to read the label? And as for training that's what Digital Advisors (DAs) are for, or are SUPPOSED to be for anyway. I agree there should have been a better way to do training though but that's Target for you. That's why when something new is added to myWork, I do a small demonstration at our huddles.
Hah!! Here's a MyDevice, go use it,,,, ok,,,, How do I use it??? Ahhhhh there's a video you can watch when you go to break, lunch or after you have clocked out.....

Some days the iPods have a really noticeable lag, some days it isn't too bad. Then again I haven't used a PDA to research in months so I don't remember what it was like on them. Getting thrown around the task list like that usually happens (far as I've noticed) when either you've scanned and changed counts on something in an aisle other than the one it's telling you to scan or you've scanned something in that aisle with multiple locations but somehow entered a count for a location not in that aisle (pretty much the same as the first I guess). It might also freak out a little when the list tells you to scan just certain sections of an aisle but you scan outside that. Not sure since I haven't tried that lately.

Also I don't know if this is just our store or what, but we're having some issues with revisions and RIGs not playing nicely. When a label strip in a section needs to be updated, our POG team used to also replace the rest of the strips in that section; now they're being told not to do that, just change the one they need to. Problem being, for some reason our task list won't recognize it when you scan a label that's been updated in the system but not on the shelf. And we're talking negligible updates here; a location changing from 1-2-3.90 to 1-2-3.99 or whatever. You can still update the count just fine but the RIG won't clear and you'd have to skip it or whatever. Unless you scan the item itself, then things work fine which we do half the time in the first place anyways.

The question I'm having now, is that something that's new to the iPods, or did the PDAs have this issue too and I never noticed it?

Yes. Some pogs call for 9" pegs, yet the product needs an artwork loop/fixture -- which use cosmetic labels.

Also... Sometimes a cosmetics sales plan will print regular labels, and you need cosmetic labels. A shelf with 20 colors of nail polish needs the smaller labels.

Last edited:
Back