MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Some of the MyDevices at my store have been getting a bug where they won't show promo info when you scan an item that's part of a BOGO offer. The only way we've been able to fix it is to re-install MyWork.

What I don't understand is why Target picked Apple for their mobile devices.. at least on the Motorola devices they can be re-imaged easily and have updates/etc. remotely pushed to the device.

For these ipods in order to be updated, have to send Technicians with Laptops (iTunes) to each store and spend all day imaging each device. Pretty expensive and stupid IMO.

also they don't have interchangeable battery packs -- once the batteries start wearing out, they're going to be useless.

If Apple really thinks these devices can be used in a retail setting they need to customize their imaging to be better suited for business... Totally silly how they're running consumer iOS and they expect them to work.

What else would you expect from Big Red? We can't have things making sense; that's the cardinal sin.

PULL & myFA aren't coming to myDevice this year...

I'm confused... why wouldn't you want PULL on there?

I was more concerned with myFA. After some of the ridiculous things we went through in the early months of SFS, the myFA app on the PDA has been working nearly flawlessly, and I'd like to keep it that way. No need to fix what's not broken :)

Hmmmm.... Would it be more annoying to have to answer that question each and every time you want to print 10+ tickets? Or is it more annoying to print 11 tickets when you only wanted 1? I could imagine some might get irritated with having to always answer YES to an "Are you sure?" message when they're working a lot of clearance. Not a bad idea... just don't wanna create a different problem.

It probably would be annoying for some, but it would help with accuracy. To be honest, I don't find myself having to print out more than 10 tickets that often. What do you think, people who have to print tickets?

It probably would be annoying for some, but it would help with accuracy. To be honest, I don't find myself having to print out more than 10 tickets that often. What do you think, people who have to print tickets?

I definitely would NOT want an extra step just to print more than 10 tickets. Yes sometimes I might print more than I need but thats very rare, no need to create an extra step when it would just slow everyone down.

Unless I'm not following... this is a standard function under the "See all options" menu. Scroll down to see signs for future dates.
Thanks @UIguy! When I first tried to print signs for a future date, the device did nothing. No print icon appeared and no batches came up on the screen. However, this past week I was successful in printing signs for next week.

Either the first device I tried was faulty, or maybe we weren't on the current update at my store. I am still seeing the ticket error pop on my work though.

Thank you for all of the info and helping us out here!

In the months I've been using the iPod for price change I've NEVER entered a double 1 or any other number, that only happens on the pda. Do not make it ask me if I'm sure because I am. And I do need to print more than 10 on a semi regular basis.

I definitely would NOT want an extra step just to print more than 10 tickets. Yes sometimes I might print more than I need but thats very rare, no need to create an extra step when it would just slow everyone down.

In the months I've been using the iPod for price change I've NEVER entered a double 1 or any other number, that only happens on the pda. Do not make it ask me if I'm sure because I am. And I do need to print more than 10 on a semi regular basis.

Well, looks like at least two people who don't like that idea.

You could maybe have a question in the info part right by auto print that asks if you want the prompt and have it default to no.

I like catrainer's idea: No as default. But for me and people with not always so deft fingers I'd still like a toggle option on the info screen like autoprint does. Not a deal-breaker, though.

With v32 we now include active-NCF items in the discontinued pull. Let me know how it works for you.
I scanned a pog to tie it today, and it said Discontinued on top right with future dates in a time frame. Didn't have a lot of time to set it so didn't put much thought into it. But now the device says '$20 gift card' if the item has one attached to it, or another $ amount gift card. Also noticed a MySupport app, but didn't open it.

I scanned a pog to tie it today, and it said Discontinued on top right with future dates in a time frame. Didn't have a lot of time to set it so didn't put much thought into it. But now the device says '$20 gift card' if the item has one attached to it, or another $ amount gift card. Also noticed a MySupport app, but didn't open it.
Played with the MySupport feature on an item that came up NOF. Assortment toy, was in system before we tied the new toy POG. It doesn't ask for a DPCI that might work with it, even though I knew one. Forgot to check today, but it definitely made it to my MySupport screen Thursday. If it asks me for the correct DPCI and MySupport processes them efficiently it will be awesome.

I've tried to mobile mysuppot two items and it was easy enough. The ticket submitted very easy and I was able to toggle to the app and put in the information they needed like the item description, size and department. They eventually answered, saying I needed to provide the exact info I commented. They then said that there wasn't an issue and the product was tied to xxx-xx-xxxx. What I'm chalking this instance up to is the item had a 6 digit UPC instead of a 10 so I just maintenanced the short UPC onto the DPCI they provided and the issue was fixed.

I also used the pricing part to submit a k-cup that was signed but not working on the buy 2 gift card promo. Submitted on Sunday, took them until Saturday to do something about it..

I still don't know how y'all are killing the batteries so fast. The other day, I came in as flow was leaving and I got one of their mydevices on their way out. I managed to make it to my 7th our without getting below 20%. That's midnight to 4:30p with fairly heavy use and no charging breaks.

I still don't know how y'all are killing the batteries so fast. The other day, I came in as flow was leaving and I got one of their mydevices on their way out. I managed to make it to my 7th our without getting below 20%. That's midnight to 4:30p with fairly heavy use and no charging breaks.
Pricing and instocks really scan more than other areas. Even with the screen down it doesn't last all day.

So yesterday I was scanning instocks and occasionally the task I was doing would randomly disappear. Anyone else have this issue?

Scan scan scan scan = dead battery. Sales floor may last a shift, but if I get one fully charged by the last hour of my shift its dead or telling me its about to die.

I was told on the down low, there is a problem when using the MyDevice to backstock, it's not locating the product? We are to only use PDAS now, and they (what few we have) are being labeled for backroom use only.

Back