MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Yeah I updated mine..... :oops:
Kept disconnecting. AND it wouldn't scan:(i saw several with sticky notes on them....
Aaaaand just to make it fun I had to return one in limbo trying to update :eek: lovely pieces of machinery

Yeah I updated mine..... :oops:
Kept disconnecting. AND it wouldn't scan:(i saw several with sticky notes on them....
Aaaaand just to make it fun I had to return one in limbo trying to update :eek: lovely pieces of machinery

I know we still have a bunch that still can't update capacity.

Did the firmware update today. My device, while working.. showed the charging icon and it didn't do the annoying 20% battery left message. It was nice. I will have the same device tomorrow so we will see how much better it is. I've been having to charge every 2-4 hours though, with the brightness beyong squinting level.

Not sure, but I want to say yes.
With all these updates, say you have a revision. Does it remove your custom capacities on an item if that item is not affected by the revision?

Yes it does and resets it to what the new POG designates. I am getting to the point I can tell who on POG set it by looking at capacity. Our lazy idiots don't clean them up, the two who are awesome will fix them as they push. Or tell us "I didn't have product, so you guys can fix it as product comes in."

I changed capacity on something in Elec. and I could have swore it didn't change but I'll pay attention next time.

Yes it does and resets it to what the new POG designates. I am getting to the point I can tell who on POG set it by looking at capacity. Our lazy idiots don't clean them up, the two who are awesome will fix them as they push. Or tell us "I didn't have product, so you guys can fix it as product comes in."

well that's bloody useless like if it's not affected can it not be deleted ugh

How has the firmware process worked for you? Better battery experience since?
We just updated most of ours today. I did pricing for two hours before the update, and four after. Didn't hit twenty percent battery till half an hour before I left. Which is unusual. Normally I don't last past lunch.

We do have several that aren't charging in the cradle so it's hard to troubleshoot them. Partnering with hrtm to take out of case to charge with lightening cable.

Shake them. If you hear noise, they are disconnect from case. A t6 screwdriver will fix them.
Not true. One of mine already had the piece removed (and saved for integrity) and some days it works fine, then some days it just stops.

I'm the mydevice surgeon at my store. I pop them open, check connections, then reboot. But once they are completely dead and aren't charging in any cradle it's hard to tell if it's fixed.

Any better since Tuesday?
Erm.... I know that I've had to turn back in my pod cuz it wouldn't scan tried to do update and hung in limbo. FOR A LONG TIME. That's the one I had tried the day before and worked fabulously. As far as battery life well the other day I was on pricing. So I can't really attest to a difference. My store are natzies when it comes to the pods. So it's not normally a biggie for me to have one for signing. I need it for locating stuff. (I haven't had a pallet come in on time in months) so generally I don't eat through too bad on battery unless on on a constant scan. That being said.... There is still a war going on for equipment. Solving battery problems is just one part of it. We need more equipment. We are expected to help guests. ALL OF US. If u have for kicks and giggles 80 ppl on the clock working walking the race track EACH AND EVERYONE OF THEM NEEDS A WALKIE AND A POD TO HELP GUESTS AND GO TO GUEST UP. There are from at any point of time an no less than like 50 ppl on the clock at a time and we are staffed with like 25 pods. Do the math. Even the cashiers could use one. All the price checks could be solved by whipping out the thing going to target.com and getting a dpci code. Sorry I know that wasn't part of your question! Thanks for checking up!! Update in limbo seems to be a problem.

I have to mention having the personal charging cable for my devices does resolve most issues.i hide it in the electronics boat, when I hear of issues. I trade the my devices off to complete tasks. I am suddenly everyone friends, I don't mind as long you keep a my device by for me:)

I wish I had one of those cables. I put problem MyDevices back in the cabinet with a note attached asking people to please not take it. I go check on it 10 minutes later and someone has it and is already asking for a new one because it died on them.

@mobileFellow I've been fiddling with the myDevices for the last 6 months and my current theory for the frequent disconnects is that the connection between the iPod and the sled is dirty. It's the part that looks like an iPod/iPhone charger (lightning cable, I think that's the name of the actual chargers). Any thoughts on how to clean them? And do you think it's reasonable that this is the cause to the disconnects?

I have to mention having the personal charging cable for my devices does resolve most issues.i hide it in the electronics boat, when I hear of issues. I trade the my devices off to complete tasks. I am suddenly everyone friends, I don't mind as long you keep a my device by for me:)
Did I mention natzi? I kinda threw myself under radar when I was looking into it. Was told I could be held liable. Put that puppy to bed.

Back