MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

You can actually activate by department or aisle on the myDevice. When viewing the workload list of aisles or departments the option "Activate All" appears in blue next to the aisle or department name. Just like on the PDA it won't activate DPCIs with large onhands and you'll have to do those manually, but it's almost as fast as the PDA now.

This function has been available for quite a while now. The logic goes that if you've completed 80% of your work in that divisional area, then you can activate all the rest. This is the same logic in the PDA.

There's actually 2 different "activate all" functions. One is what you talked about above, and the other is activating all labels by aisle. When you're doing label work, you go to aisle sort, and when you expand the aisle you will see "activate labels" or something similar. This eliminates the need to scan every single label.

@mobilelady

The only use I have for the PDA price accuracy app is the fast activation/finalising of all the items we couldn't find at the end of the day. If you can add a function in the mydevice to activate all items by dept and/or aisle instead of one by one. That would be awesome! Trying to finalize with a Mydevice is super slow, especially when theres hundreds of items.

Also stated in previous post. Some mydevices aren't making an alert sound when a clearance item is found. Please fix this as well.

Thanks.

For the alert sound, does it beep for some items and not others? Just want to make sure it's not the sound settings on the iPod. If it's beeping for some items and not others, can you send me example DPCIs?

Will the was/now labels be eliminated as well when the PDA function is gone? Activating all Zero on hands would be a good addition! I honestly wish they didnt show up at all in the workload, especially in department areas. I understand why they show up though and they are good for located items because sometimes it will say zero but there really is some. I havent picked up and used a PDA for price change in over a year now (except maybe one or twice when the mydevices had a mass outage) so I feel the function on the PDA could be turned off no problem as of now. I feel like ithe price change app is almost there. I *wish* there was a way to get a picture of the item on the main detail screen so we didnt have to go to target.com to look for one, but I am not sure how plausible that would be.
-

Do you mean the price cut balloon audits when you say the was/now labels?? Those have been eliminated and you no longer need to do them. They're not even in the myDevice to do.

Yep- picture is now available for our pilot stores and will roll out with the March myDevice release.

Please make it to where we can activate all the dpcis in the back room without having to hit activate, 0 enter. The easiest way for my store to do price change is to scan everything from the salesfloor, then activate the dpcis in the back room. That way we aren't needlessly roaming around the store looking for a dpci we scanned in the back room that all the counts were in the back room.
Right now the only reason I use the PDA is to go into the back room workload and mash the a button and "burn the batch"

The pathing issues are infuriating. I'm activating the 0OH on a table and it kicks me to the back room. Then when I scan an item it activates it in the backroom and I'm stuck looking for an item I've already scanned and marked... GRRR.

Also now, when in auto -print.. if you scan an item it prints one sticker and then asks how many more. If you hit 0, it still prints out one more sticker! This has only been happening since the last update.

Is there a quick way to disconnect from a printer once you're connected on the mydevice?

For your backroom activation issue, are those only when there are 0 on-hands? I will look at the auto-print, then hit 0 button issue in the lab. That's weird.

I feel like our Price Change TM would quit out of frustration, and we'd need to hire 2-3 new TMs to do the same amount of work that he could do with his PDA.

Why do any perfectly working PDA functions need to be turned off at all?

Why would they be frustrated? Can you elaborate? Once you get the hang of myDevice and all it's functionality in price change, there's actually quite a few steps/processes that have been removed that should make using the myDevice just as fast or faster than the PDA.

We need to turn off PDA apps that are duplicated on myDevice because it costs money to maintain and update both. Also, PDAs are no longer "allocated" for SF TMs so using them for SF functions takes away from BR productivity since those functions aren't on myDevice.

Anybody having issues with price change workload not dropping after activation? For those of you that have had the latest update (42.XX), has this been an issue?

Also, as a general question, do you think it'd be helpful to have sales history information for individual items and entire POGs on myWork? This would be like the ability to see quantities sold and margin and for POGs to see the sales plan performance, sales comp, etc. If so, what would you use it for?

Why would they be frustrated? Can you elaborate? Once you get the hang of myDevice and all it's functionality in price change, there's actually quite a few steps/processes that have been removed that should make using the myDevice just as fast or faster than the PDA.
Well at least part of it would be from just adapting to the change while still being expected to get the workload done. But also because of how RFapps lets you scan/type really fast and let it catch up while you move on to the next task (in this case put the price change stickers onto the merchandise). I don't get to use a myDevice that much, but as far as I'm aware they just don't function like that, because it has a GUI which needs to update after everything you type/scan. Not having physical buttons to type will also slow things down.

We need to turn off PDA apps that are duplicated on myDevice because it costs money to maintain and update both. Also, PDAs are no longer "allocated" for SF TMs so using them for SF functions takes away from BR productivity since those functions aren't on myDevice.
Is it really THAT expensive to keep a few text-based apps running? And when's the last time they've needed an update anyways? If a store wishes to allocate a PDA to price change, they should be allowed to do so. They know what makes their TMs most productive.

Well at least part of it would be from just adapting to the change while still being expected to get the workload done. But also because of how RFapps lets you scan/type really fast and let it catch up while you move on to the next task (in this case put the price change stickers onto the merchandise). I don't get to use a myDevice that much, but as far as I'm aware they just don't function like that, because it has a GUI which needs to update after everything you type/scan. Not having physical buttons to type will also slow things down.

Is it really THAT expensive to keep a few text-based apps running? And when's the last time they've needed an update anyways? If a store wishes to allocate a PDA to price change, they should be allowed to do so. They know what makes their TMs most productive.

For the April release, we're making a simplified view of the item details screen so not as much info loads. This will speed up scan times as the item you just activated will load immediately. Then if you're helping a guest, you can tap on load all details to see the rest of the info. The cost to maintain the old apps is surprisingly expensive. I don't know the actuals but was surprised when I heard. Stores can do what they want for equipment, but I'm just saying the # of PDAs were allocated based on the BR team using them only.

Also, as a general question, do you think it'd be helpful to have sales history information for individual items and entire POGs on myWork? This would be like the ability to see quantities sold and margin and for POGs to see the sales plan performance, sales comp, etc. If so, what would you use it for?
Without any real department* managers anymore, I don't feel like we'd use it for anything. Maybe during the holidays when we stop following adjacencies and haphazardly build salesplanners all over the place, it would be useful.

*Edit

Last edited:
Pretty much all of our mydevices have started showing "Unknown Status" on the scanner connection. Nobody in my store seems to know what to do about it. By an hour into my instocks tasklist, I'm on a third mydevice. It doesn't take long to not be able to find any others left to try. Any suggestions, please?

It seems that nobody sends ours in to be fixed or replaced for any reason, either.. so hopefully there's another solution.

Do you mean the price cut balloon audits when you say the was/now labels?? Those have been eliminated and you no longer need to do them. They're not even in the myDevice to do.

For your backroom activation issue, are those only when there are 0 on-hands? I will look at the auto-print, then hit 0 button issue in the lab. That's weird.

Yes the was/now audits do not show up in the mydevice. What I am talking about though is the labels that we print will include a was/now label to go along with a label that is going down in price. Those specific labels are the ones that the PDA asks us to scan when there is an audit. I was wondering if these labels would still generate after the PDA function is eliminated.

Say we hit activate for an item that has 1 OH, it will automatically print one when auto print is on. So if we only need one we do not need anymore so when it asks us "how many more tickets?" we enter 0. but it will still print out an extra ticket

Pretty much all of our mydevices have started showing "Unknown Status" on the scanner connection. Nobody in my store seems to know what to do about it. By an hour into my instocks tasklist, I'm on a third mydevice. It doesn't take long to not be able to find any others left to try. Any suggestions, please?
I am seeing that as well on just about every MyDevice we have, even the MyDevices I know worked flawlessly before. It is getting very annoying for me and extremely frustrating to the team.

The quick fix is to cold boot the devices while they are charging on a charging dock.

Anybody having issues with price change workload not dropping after activation? For those of you that have had the latest update (42.XX), has this been an issue?

That would be great since HQ removed the sales report on Workbench for regular team members. A Sales Report app in general would be pretty spiffy.

Would it be possible to show how many were received the last time a DPCI was received? The last received date is useful, but knowing how many would be even better from a AP perspective.

Items not dropping out has been a problem (still a few since update), but for me, I think they are still related to pathing issues. I can navigate to the RTW division, scan something, and the device tells me I found it "in the back". It dropped out, just not from the right location.

In the end, the perception is: I was in a division, scanned something that activated, and it's still in the division, so it didn't drop.

Haven't noticed any issues beyond this since the update.

@mobilelady

It seems that nobody sends ours in to be fixed or replaced for any reason, either.. so hopefully there's another solution.
Cold boot the myDevice when you put it into the dock.

Yes the was/now audits do not show up in the mydevice. What I am talking about though is the labels that we print will include a was/now label to go along with a label that is going down in price. Those specific labels are the ones that the PDA asks us to scan when there is an audit. I was wondering if these labels would still generate after the PDA function is eliminated.

Say we hit activate for an item that has 1 OH, it will automatically print one when auto print is on. So if we only need one we do not need anymore so when it asks us "how many more tickets?" we enter 0. but it will still print out an extra ticket

I thought that those "extra" labels were eliminated and no longer print. Sounds like they do...I will ask the process owner why they're still printing.

When you're in auto-print and the quantity screen pops up, you don't need to put in a quantity. You can just hit cancel in the upper left or scan the next price change item and it will go away. If you enter a 0 quantity though, the print button shouldn't be enabled so we can make that change.

Items not dropping out has been a problem (still a few since update), but for me, I think they are still related to pathing issues. I can navigate to the RTW division, scan something, and the device tells me I found it "in the back". It dropped out, just not from the right location.

In the end, the perception is: I was in a division, scanned something that activated, and it's still in the division, so it didn't drop.

Haven't noticed any issues beyond this since the update.

@mobilelady

With the latest update (42.55), if you've been working the SF and haven't activated anything accidentally or purposefully in the backroom, it should always keep you on the SF. If it doesn't do this, we have a problem. LMK. I know for divisional items, the "system" really doesn't know that there is anything in the backroom (because they're not located in the BR), so that's why we only show the name of the division under backroom work and no longer show counts for divisions. Like the PDA, after you've scanned 1 item from that division while in the BR, it will no longer show and will assume you've found all the divisional BR items. I hope that makes sense. Price change is a beast.

Yep- picture is now available for our pilot stores and will roll out with the March myDevice release.

say for instance the whole back room workload is scanned under the sales floor division. Now someone has to go back and hit activate, 0, enter for sometimes 100+ dpcis in the backroom. Its easier to scan everything from sales floor and glance through the back room pull to see of everything was marked. Otherwise you look for an item on the sales floor that someone already ticketed in the back room. So an activate all button for the backroom workload would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and "now" labels still print, even though we dont have to do the scans anymore. So everytime an aisle is reset it automatically drops all of them into our workload. The SIM issue I was speaking of is only when youre trying to mark an item FURTHER. We really need to be able to print multiple further SIM tickets.

@mobilelady also if you hit activate in auto print is automatically prints a ticket. Which if that item is a Final markdown it now told the system I found one and the count is updated to 1. Maybe a "not found" button too. or a "just kidding, oops" button. I guess it's easy to take yourself out of auto print but when you forget, and the item is a final it sucks to tell the system I found one on accident.

With the latest update (42.55), if you've been working the SF and haven't activated anything accidentally or purposefully in the backroom, it should always keep you on the SF. If it doesn't do this, we have a problem. LMK. I know for divisional items, the "system" really doesn't know that there is anything in the backroom (because they're not located in the BR), so that's why we only show the name of the division under backroom work and no longer show counts for divisions. Like the PDA, after you've scanned 1 item from that division while in the BR, it will no longer show and will assume you've found all the divisional BR items. I hope that makes sense. Price change is a beast.
This has been happened to my store as well since the update. We will scan something under a division (for example: Kids Apparel) and then the myDevice jumps to Pull/Ticket for the backroom. It is really messing up our accuracy.

Would it be possible to show how many were received the last time a DPCI was received? The last received date is useful, but knowing how many would be even better from a AP perspective.
QFT. This would be helpful.
Cannot emphasize this enough! Bonus points if it can be incorporated into the PDA on the Instocks tab of Item search.

Back