MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I can't give you exact specifics because our team is drastically changing in the next couple of months which will (negatively) impact the amount of stuff we can do this year. The priorities right now for myDevice are 1) stability 2) adding sales info by SPL. Pull and some other replenishment functions (myFA) are a maybe for later this year but no guarantees. We are a "keep the lights on" priority for the company so with that said, not too much new stuff will come this year. :-( Makes me sad.

Yes! I saw the test device yesterday in action. No honeywell sled- it's actually all one piece of equipment so no disconnects can physically happen which is awesome! It's an Android (from Motorola) that has a larger, very crisp screen. It also has a switchable battery. This will likely be in test stores in the next few months once all the app bugs are ironed out for Android use.
Omg, omg. Where do I send my kidney to sign up to test those? That's what home depot has....they look amazing. Plus-phone and walkie plus pda.

Yes! I saw the test device yesterday in action. No honeywell sled- it's actually all one piece of equipment so no disconnects can physically happen which is awesome! It's an Android (from Motorola) that has a larger, very crisp screen. It also has a switchable battery. This will likely be in test stores in the next few months once all the app bugs are ironed out for Android use.
Was it the MC40?
71rGN9eYlmL._SX466_.jpg

I can't give you exact specifics because our team is drastically changing in the next couple of months which will (negatively) impact the amount of stuff we can do this year. The priorities right now for myDevice are 1) stability 2) adding sales info by SPL. Pull and some other replenishment functions (myFA) are a maybe for later this year but no guarantees. We are a "keep the lights on" priority for the company so with that said, not too much new stuff will come this year. :-( Makes me sad.

Is there an estimate of how long roll out will take?

A picture of those running RF apps was on the first page of this thread.
Yes it was. They were released in 2013. It runs Android 4.1 has a scanner, a replaceable battery, and has PTT functionality. I just figured since Motorola isn't pushing out much enterprise level hardware nowadays. Also, the aluminum casing can be annodized Spot red. :)
78db5bab20b55d357d17ddceda1b670f.jpg

I detest Android with a passion, but if it means replaceable batteries, no disconnections, I'm open to it...

I detest Android with a passion, but if it means replaceable batteries, no disconnections, I'm open to it...
The reality is with the ipod we are given I look it up on my Samsung then check stick on the ipod...Even in the target app my galaxy 4 (two gen old) beats the 6s one tl uses. Identical search terms and connections...it's my favorite game.

The reality is with the ipod we are given I look it up on my Samsung then check stick on the ipod...Even in the target app my galaxy 4 (two gen old) beats the 6s one tl uses. Identical search terms and connections...it's my favorite game.

Windows phone kills the iPhone as well. For me its the iPhone interface that drives me nuts. And my camera leaves Apple in the dirt.

I detest DETEST CRApple with a passion of a 100000000 suns! CRAP! Should have went with this or Samsung device like a note or tab 10.1 to start.

And gee these have PTT which replaces the Motorola CLS1410 radios with 32 groups/channels and VOIP ability.. gee.. where did we see that from.... :)

No more running to a phone! VOIP on the device like it should have been, and a few other places have had for YEARS.

Although if it quits in the coolers... then....

I volunteer to take and dispose of the mytoys, and I will bring my own means.... when in doubt C4! ;) :)

I've added this into our backlog. Maybe the April release?

This was going to be part of our mobile POG (OLP) work on myDevice but that just got deprioritized so it probably won't happen this year.
FYI, if you can relay the fact that this REALLY is a much-missed function, I'd be in your debt.

There are many times I have to go back to the signing PC and print an entire sheet (or three) of a POG just to get the ONE (...or more) missing labels in an aisle. And in a state where Spot just lost literally millions of dollars due to a lawsuit regarding prices in-store... Yikes!

Being able to quickly find an location's missing item and its price really would be greatly appreciated.

Also--very nervous now to hear about the upcoming android devices! Can't believe we'll be using such old tech in place of the already consumer-oriented and (somewhat) dated iPods. Does this suggest a shift away from Apple device's on Spots behalf? GS/Registry/Baby iPads, iPods... PMT iPad... Would seem to make sense to keep it all in the same system! I liked the idea of having iPad price scanners to, though I liked the windows version better from the looks of it!

Really not looking forward to switching to Android, especially with as small a screen as those devices appear to use. Would much prefer something as large as the iPhones 6+, as guests can then more easily see the item we've pulled up for them/look at Target.com on our devices more easily with them!

Thanks for all the info!

Back