MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Our daily bitching consists of just that. Maybe an attempt at mysupport.

Our list is incredibly small compared to the amount of inventory that sells daily. The day I helped it was five locations, four of them wacos. Took me five minutes to pull the waco out into the backroom, scan item, put Waco back and repeat.

The regular employees plus ctl just skip dairy and don't complete the list. But bitch incessantly.

And MySupport responds by asking you to explain the problem again. Cause if the device is scanning it must be fine. Or you shouldn't use the devices in the freezer, yes we have been told that.

And MySupport responds by asking you to explain the problem again. Cause if the device is scanning it must be fine. Or you shouldn't use the devices in the freezer, yes we have been told that.
That is what my support told me when I told them they are required for the god damned inventory and them not working in such locations is fucking retarded. However I was nicer about it. Oh but you should be able to do all your tasks outside the coolers freezers.

Thank you. I'm not going to accuse anyone. I just showed it to the ETL. Both times they said that others had been finding the same thing. I said I just wanted to let someone know and I wondered if we are supposed to have access to youtube. He said we were not but there was no way to tell who was using the my device to watch youtube.
Accessing that should result in a write up or CCA.
These are not toys (so to speak...) they are to (try) and do daily tasks.

That is what my support told me when I told them they are required for the god damned inventory and them not working in such locations is fucking retarded. However I was nicer about it. Oh but you should be able to do all your tasks outside the coolers freezers.
What gets me is they worked just fine in there at our store til they installed network upgrades. Wtf did they break?

What gets me is they worked just fine in there at our store til they installed network upgrades. Wtf did they break?
Is there a router above your coolers? Is it working?

We have one sitting on top of the bank of coolers and freezers that I believe was installed after we got the myDevices.

Thank you. I'm not going to accuse anyone. I just showed it to the ETL. Both times they said that others had been finding the same thing. I said I just wanted to let someone know and I wondered if we are supposed to have access to youtube. He said we were not but there was no way to tell who was using the my device to watch youtube.

I don't think that is true. I thought I read on thebreakroom that you can access who is logging into the MyDevice.

You should have worded it like that. Lol When I get super frustrated I start getting blunt. I tend to think I get sent to the next level.... due to the more errrr understandable English Lol

I don't think that is true. I thought I read on thebreakroom that you can access who is logging into the MyDevice.
There's a report on workbench but it shows who logged in to myWork. Someone could have taken a myDevice that was still signed in under someone else, or they may not have even signed in at all and only used it for youtube. Plus, most TMs don't use safari every day so it could be days or weeks before someone opens it and sees it on a youtube page.

Ooooh, I'm peeved! How can we have accurate QMOSing when I can't QMOS anything that's less than 1 lb? Are we just supposed to toss all the chub ends in the trash without weighing them for QMOS? How is that going to make for accurate inventory numbers when I regularly have roast beef ends that are between 1/2 and 1 lb? This is RIDICULOUS. Yeah, I know we take inventory once a quarter in the food areas, but I guarantee that it will still affect how easily we can get in the stuff we're ordering if the system says we still have, for example, 10 lbs of roast beef on hand.
Am I just supposed to QMOS every meat/cheese end as 1 lb? That'll look bad, too.

Ooooh, I'm peeved! How can we have accurate QMOSing when I can't QMOS anything that's less than 1 lb? Are we just supposed to toss all the chub ends in the trash without weighing them for QMOS? How is that going to make for accurate inventory numbers when I regularly have roast beef ends that are between 1/2 and 1 lb? This is RIDICULOUS. Yeah, I know we take inventory once a quarter in the food areas, but I guarantee that it will still affect how easily we can get in the stuff we're ordering if the system says we still have, for example, 10 lbs of roast beef on hand.
Am I just supposed to QMOS every meat/cheese end as 1 lb? That'll look bad, too.
Can you give it a scale label? It should let you toss it then.

Cheat sheet. Label each end and qmos at weeks end?
Perhaps. It's one more task for an already short-handed and stressed Deli, though. I'm honestly hoping that it gets fixed with the next food areas inventory when corporate starts asking why every single Deli's numbers are noticeably wrong.

Wow I'm surprised a lot of people don't like the iPods in the sleds. I love them and have yet to have any problems with them. I prefer iOS over any other operating system.

Wow I'm surprised a lot of people don't like the iPods in the sleds. I love them and have yet to have any problems with them. I prefer iOS over any other operating system.

You clearly haven't spent much time with them. We have about 6 of them out of commission sitting on the chargers. The main problem is the connection the sled has to the ipod fails and the ipod can't charge again. Also the charging dock contacts just suck and don't make contact when you haphazardly toss it into the slot. The software has its qwerks but overall I am happy with it.

Back