MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I actually want to fix something, cause I remembered incorrectly, the docks are one unit. They hold 4 Devices to charge along with 4 Battery only charger slots.
--EDIT--
Found a picture.
V6gTdKP.jpg
The day draws closer the Mydevices get tossed to the side, and we get these sexy beasts. I for one, accept our new android overlords.

I've sent out 5 myDevices for repair over the last month and have not received any back... Is Spot not repairing these on purpose hoping we can hold out until new zebras are rolled out? Every single device sent out for repair was sent for software related reasons, it's not like we are being negligent and physically damaging these. We need SOME equipment in our store so we can function! Repair the old or release the new!

Our store has I think 14 MyDevices out for repair right now. Makes for a stressful day trying to share devices.

Hopefully they learned that iOS was a garbage platform.

I've sent out 5 myDevices for repair over the last month and have not received any back... Is Spot not repairing these on purpose hoping we can hold out until new zebras are rolled out? Every single device sent out for repair was sent for software related reasons, it's not like we are being negligent and physically damaging these. We need SOME equipment in our store so we can function! Repair the old or release the new!
I feel like the batch we got back last was well over a month til return.

Getting them back is a long slow process. We had a guy come to our store and fix them once and in between surfing on Facebook and his personal calls it took him several hours just to get one back online

Luckily, we're testing the new Zebra's at my store, but talk to your leadership and let them know it's not that hard to bring the iOS devices back from the "Apple logo of death." Just plug them into a laptop, hold power and home until it goes into disk mode, connect to iTunes, click restore & update, then call CSC when the device is back to factory defaults and have them push you the profile for tcwireless.
I have to do this at least 4 or 5 times per week with iOS devices at my store and I can't imagine where we'd be if we had to send them out every time we found another device that won't boot past the apple logo. The agents on the line with CSC are always like, "um..how did you recover the iPod from that apple logo screen? We always tell stores to send them out for repair?"

Yeah it was simpler than I thought. The only problem is the device dies immediately when the battery is removed (just like a cell phone), so you need to wait for it to boot up again.

The TMs who were talking about not being able to swap batteries were talking about the location where we store the charging stations and how the door can only be opened by a keyholder.

Luckily, we're testing the new Zebra's at my store, but talk to your leadership and let them know it's not that hard to bring the iOS devices back from the "Apple logo of death." Just plug them into a laptop, hold power and home until it goes into disk mode, connect to iTunes, click restore & update, then call CSC when the device is back to factory defaults and have them push you the profile for tcwireless.
I have to do this at least 4 or 5 times per week with iOS devices at my store and I can't imagine where we'd be if we had to send them out every time we found another device that won't boot past the apple logo. The agents on the line with CSC are always like, "um..how did you recover the iPod from that apple logo screen? We always tell stores to send them out for repair?"
Good to know...not sure if my hrtm knows this or not...

We don't have a working laptop and I tried installing itunes to a couple PCs to no avail.
talk to your etl ap. i use my private laptop to do it. when the alternatives is a month without working equipment or in a couple hours i can get 5 working my devices that scan they've let me do whatever i want just as long as i get it fixed.

talk to your etl ap. i use my private laptop to do it. when the alternatives is a month without working equipment or in a couple hours i can get 5 working my devices that scan they've let me do whatever i want just as long as i get it fixed.

I would love to, understand it took from the start of RFID until last week to get a battery brick to power the Mydevice while scanning. They were denying that we who do the RFID had a need to actually use a charging cable. So using a laptop to get the stupid things back on line won't be happening.

I'll ask to use my Mac when they are marked "end of life" and no more are being replaced. Right now we can deal with having some out. I don't mind using my personal, I just don't want to if I don't have to yet.

What do you tell CSC when they ask how you got it back? Do they care? Or just give you the profile and move on? Just curious.

Just tell them you have a "factory restored" iPod and you need the credentials emailed so you can login and they can push you the apps and the profile for tcwireless. They don't ask questions :)

Don't forget to check for the mydevice update. Some of ours updated and some did not so it is still creating issues with POG fills!!!

Just tell them you have a "factory restored" iPod and you need the credentials emailed so you can login and they can push you the apps and the profile for tcwireless. They don't ask questions :)
The guy sounded kind of mad when I told him the myDevice was reset. He said he will push me the apps this one time but that this wasn't approved by corporate. He said that when stores reset a myDevice by themselves, sometimes it becomes unfixable. So I asked if it is unfixable, and I send it back, are they still able to recover it? He said yes. So I then asked why it was a big deal if we reset it because it was locked on the apple screen of death and we were going to have to send it back anyways. Then he just told me again that it wasn't approved by corporate... :rolleyes:

Back