MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I won't lie, I was too excited to get my hands on one I forgot to sign it out completely.

I am already having a couple Zebras acting up on us. Does anyone know how to change the Wi-Fi on these? A few of mine came off the Wi-Fi and I can't figure out how to reconnect it.

I am already having a couple Zebras acting up on us. Does anyone know how to change the Wi-Fi on these? A few of mine came off the Wi-Fi and I can't figure out how to reconnect it.
Rebooting it seems to work for me.

There is a troubleshooting option with a button to "ResetWifi" but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I don't like the strap and yes everyone is wearing them on their wrists.

Our ETLs haven't rolled them out to the team yet either, even thought we've had them almost a month. DTL said the ones we have are defective (something about not scanning fast enough?) but they seem fine except the ones that revert to "DGE"

That how everyone in my store is wearing them
They do it at my store too.

It will get broken or cut off just like the ones on the lpda cases. Fucking idiots ruin everything .
The straps are removable/replaceable but they are on there secure enough that they will still rip instead of coming detached if worn on the wrist.

While the Zebras are much faster, they still have the same shitty MyWork app. Someone at HQ with more than 2 brain cells needs to fix the search function on it. If I put in "pop sockets" the search should know that I mean "popsockets", and not return the no results found message. Same as if you misspell something. If any search engine can do it, the MyWork app can be made to do it.

We've had the Zebras for at least a couple months (maybe more) and I used one for the first time the other night. I don't like change, and I didn't like the Zebra. At least for backroom duties. Still prefer the gun (or PDA or whatever the hell you call it, lol). Wonder how long before they phase those out...probably when end to end takes over completely.

While the Zebras are much faster, they still have the same shitty MyWork app. Someone at HQ with more than 2 brain cells needs to fix the search function on it. If I put in "pop sockets" the search should know that I mean "popsockets", and not return the no results found message. Same as if you misspell something. If any search engine can do it, the MyWork app can be made to do it.

Typos are the bane of any programmer's existence. Search engines are able to guess input because of previous unsuccessful searches. If a user searches for "putitos", then searches for potatoes afterwards, putitos is added to the potatoes correction list. It's a fairly complicated thing overall, and given Target's track record, I wouldn't expect it.

We've had the Zebras for at least a couple months (maybe more) and I used one for the first time the other night. I don't like change, and I didn't like the Zebra. At least for backroom duties. Still prefer the gun (or PDA or whatever the hell you call it, lol). Wonder how long before they phase those out...probably when end to end takes over completely.

The zebra is not a replacement for the pda it's a replacement for the mydevice

My STL told me it was for something completely different than the PDA and MD.

Something to do with pricing or whatnot IIRC.

Have you tried the handle/trigger attachment?

I've used it mostly to do ad audits and research, but it makes the world's difference. The Zebras are a bit big for my baby hands and the side buttons get awkward after a hundred consecutive scans. With the trigger attachment, on top of how fast these things are already, I can do electronics audit in ten minutes or less if the ad is light (which it has been as of lately).

Even during the holidays I expect the trigger handle to cut my audit time in half. Also, the pop up function of the zebra is so much faster than the slow popup feature of the old mydevices. It might be like one, two seconds difference, but that's a lot of time saved when you have to scan hundreds of barcodes.

How many do we get of the attachments?
I'm not sure but it's not a lot. We have definitely less than 10.

Do the old myDevice holsters work for the Zebras or do we get new ones? I'm still hanging on to my LPDA holster.
MyDevice holsters are really too small. We don't get new ones (at least not yet) so people are either cramming it into a myDevice holster, using one of the very few LPDA holsters, or incorrectly wearing it on their wrist.

I think the LPDA holsters are still orderable on SAP.

I heard that they 24 are just sitting in the stls office. Waiting on the DTL approve their use. Something about problems with them.

The first batch that went to several groups had a hardware defect. Those are going back and replacements are already hitting stores. Hang in there!

I'm not sure but it's not a lot. We have definitely less than 10.

MyDevice holsters are really too small. We don't get new ones (at least not yet) so people are either cramming it into a myDevice holster, using one of the very few LPDA holsters, or incorrectly wearing it on their wrist.

I think the LPDA holsters are still orderable on SAP.

They are... I already ordered 20.

The first batch that went to several groups had a hardware defect. Those are going back and replacements are already hitting stores. Hang in there!

Something about the power button was breaking. We received the new ones 2 days after being notified of the recall.

I think we only have 2 LPDA holsters left in the store. The one I have and the one a POG TM has that we both refuse to part ways with.

The zebra is not a replacement for the pda it's a replacement for the mydevice

Yeah, that makes sense. I used a mydevice once when we had them. Just once and it was for about 15 minutes during a short training stint. Never really needed them on o/n flow. Do you have any idea if they have plans to update/get new PDAs? Ours are....old and many of them have one or more issues. Some more serious than others.

No, I didn't try that. I can see how it would be a very useful device for dayside people and for other uses other than backroom. It *is* much faster at least in my limited usage.

Back